Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,009 members, 7,970,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:19 PM

@ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! (1040 Views)

Hi Need U To Help Me See Whats Wrong With This Site.... Thanks As U Comment / The Broke Web Designer Is Now Rich - Thanks Nairaland / Webmaster Review Reuploaded Site. Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2011
Hi,
In a bid to make something different(and have some laughs!) , I created www.fazekook.tk
I have tried to expose the site to the public but it seems not many folks are interested in using it.
The site is all about taking people's faces and editting the face to make it look different or funny or akward or whatever. I have become bored with everone wanting to do a forum or social site,so I came up with this.
Does this mean that today's internet users are only interested in chatting on numerous forums? Am I forced to cage any out-of-the-box ideas and consign my fate to creating forums and social sites? Is there something wrong with d site or its concept?
I need ur answers please!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by deco2come: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2011
You did a nice job. In my own opinion, I think your website won't gain a lot of traffic. If Nairaland is all about changing someone's face, do you think you will still be here. How many faces do you want to change in a day and at the end of the day what are you going to do with the face you have just change. Find a way to make it more interactive.

Wish you the best of luck.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2011
deco2come:

You did a nice job. In my own opinion, I think your website won't gain a lot of traffic. If Nairaland is all about changing someone's face, do you think you will still be here. How many faces do you want to change in a day and at the end of the day what are you going to do with the face you have just change. Find a way to make it more interactive.

Wish you the best of luck.
Thanks deco.
I think I get what u mean. Would something like a comment thread on each image cooked do the thrick?
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
I made a flash app last year dat takes picture of a face, cartoonizes it, and is able to post that picture into facebook with a link to the site. Was making it for gillette mac 3 bt we never did rounded off the project. If u add such features and also add comments, maybe it wil improve it.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
@dhtml
Thanks 4 ur input. I like the idea off intergrating it into facebook. I figure the picture will be posted to the wall of the user designing the face or do u mean the fanpage of the site-or both?
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
Wall of the user. Facebook allows external url of pictures to be used in one of their widgets, I don't remember which. I also made a twitter equivalent. But I tink dat twitter did not allow me to use pictures that time.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
Roger that amigo! But the thing is, folks wont want to use it on their own without me telling them to. I would have thought any visitor coming to the site would wanna try to work on some faces but no one seems to want to try! Is it too much stress for them? I even put a video tutorial to show 'em how to use it(poor kim kadashian-I really ruined her looks in that video!) but no response! There are sites like drwarp and face in a hole, and they do the same stuff-the difference is that they use flash or java applet but I decided to make mine with the html canvas and javascript so that our slow baudwidth would accomodate less javascript load compared to the heavier flash apps.
Hell,I even put an app that one could use to snap webcam shots to play with but no! Everyone justs looks and pass, why?!!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2011
Get dis rite once and for all. Es nt just about what u want to do - es what appeals to people. If people want it then they do, simplemente.

I wil not do stuffs like dat for instance. I wil rather do a blog and publish nice stuffs everyday dat people will want to read. Anytin I do for people, I do research first.

People like me for instance do not even like webcam. I only used it to chat once last week - and I was lookin for the on button - and of course neva found it. Talkless changin faces. Santa maria!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hmm gracias amigo,I see your point. Its the old "give the people what they want" thingy. Guess thats why the cartoon face thing did not work for u. Well,while I digest that,allow me to vent my fustrations on the virtual a r s e-a n a l team on pes. All work and no play drives me nuts,especially at times like this. 
Adios!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2011
Maybe we will one day organize pes games for webmasters/programmers on nl.
I made one profile wall 2 script - search google for - facebook profile wall php script

Dat is my most requested script. People ave searched for me all over the web for the script.

And yet, I ended up havin never used it.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by bakenda(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2011
Is the site exclusively for Nigeria(ns), i'm
sure folks out there will be much interested
if they are aware, some may even want to buy
it for a good sum.

So, you need to think outside the map.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
bakenda:

Is the site exclusively for Nigeria(ns), i'm
sure folks out there will be much interested
if they are aware, some may even want to buy
it for a good sum.

So, you need to think outside the map.
@bakenda
How do u mean? You mean the site should be exposed/sold to foreigners? For how much? How/which place online do I meet them? Pls throw more light!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by bakenda(m): 12:37am On Oct 27, 2011
Yes, i mean the site should be exposed
to foreigners, one way of doing that is
posting about it in international forums, you can
think of more ways.

I'm not saying you should sell it, just saying
someone might just be interested in buying it, but
if you do want to sell it, you can use flippa
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Slyr0x: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2011
Well, I guess the publicity is not just enough!

I fell in love with the concept immediately iSaw it. .iMean something to get my mind off work. .Nice concept. .

Been trynna use it for minutes now but I just couldn't get a work around it. . .Its saying Wrong source bla bla bla. .Too lazy to read the tut. .*yawns*. .In that part that says Browse Your Local Files for Pictures, you can have the spec of the pix to be uploaded somewhere around there. .width/height/size/bla bla. .Dig?

Nice one bruv
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2011
@bakenda
I get you now! More exposure to the foreign public. Will try that. Thanks!
@slyrox
Aww,thank you very much! You've just made my day!
Kinda sorry the site gave u wahala to use! I knew reading the tuts would b a bother so i put a video tut instead! Maybe that will shed more light!
Will add specs as u say(300x300 minimum) . Or u could 'grab a face' from the 'photo bank' link @ d homepage.
More publicity is what I need 2 do! Got it!
Again thanks!!!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by DualCore1: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2011
.tk is a turn off so if you are going to go really public with this you should put it on its own domain. nice concept. i tried to cook obasanjo's face, no difference before and after.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Slyr0x: 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
Dual Core:

.tk is a turn off so if you are going to go really public with this you should put it on its own domain. nice concept. i tried to cook obasanjo's face, no difference before and after.

grin grin grin
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
Modern day apps are meant to be very easy to use. To do the most basic things do not require tutorials.
You can get a crop tool to force cropping of selected part to a certain size first.
Does it support all photo formats? Or most?

Give small small instructions as it is being used. If people like us ave to read tutorials to do stuffs, forget it.

We are africans, we don't read shi.t unless maybe if we paid for it.
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 1:53am On Oct 28, 2011
@Dual Core
LOL. Wonder if u meant that as a joke or a technical issue that u had!
Thanks for the heads-up!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by sweetpawn1: 2:16am On Oct 28, 2011
@dhtml
I HEAR YOU O!
Silly me for even bothering to make a video tutorial! Not only does "African man" (Which, by your definition means a man who has the ability to read to acquire knowledge but does not want to read and acquire knowledge- which explains why his environment always has to be termed as the under-developed/third world parts of the earth) not read tutorials, he cannot watch video tutorials as well!
But he will watch "Home Video" and read facebook messages. Hmm! Maybe, its the word "tutorials" that is his problem! Little wonder his present generation of youths fail terribly in exams these days!I feel sorry for the "African Man"
If that is how Africans are defined, I would feel very sorry for myself too! But thank goodness, that's not the case!
Re: @ All D Solid Webgurus,pls I Need Ur Opinion On This Site! Thanks! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
The tutorial is essential, bt am telling you from experience zat it will not really help much if your target is Nigerians.
Look at all the gadgets on fb, I aint ever had to read any tutorial yet to get shi.t done. Upload multiple pictures, crop dis, zoom dis, name dat. Set profile pic.
People like that very much.

I remembered someone dat made a site once dat had a beautiful intro, bt all the webmasters dat reviewed inc yawa did nt know the elstupido thing had a skip intro - he had to lecture us - webmasters where he hid the skip button - and yawa had to tell him dat - if we webmasters need to be lectured on dat, wat of regular viewers?

(1) (Reply)

Adult Banner Advertising / Any Professional Web Designer In Onitsha, I Have A Job For You. / I Need Help From A Php And .NET Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.