Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Sorry about the price scare. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Sorry about the price scare. (1691 Views)

Toyota Avalon 1998 Model (sorry the owner is not selling again) / 2001 Daf 85 Cf Truck With Reverse Camera. The Price Has Been Slashed / 2000 Toyota Camry Now This Would Scare Them: But Its True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry about the price scare. by ometta2: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2007
Sorry abt the price (N3.2million).
Someone just paid 4 it. Sold it for N2.5million
Cheers and lets keep posting business

For more Info, Holla 08052178854 or mail to ometta2@yahoo.com.

Re: Sorry about the price scare. by viperman: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2007
Ometta @ 3.2m ?? grin
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by layi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2007
3.2M
or u meant 1.2M
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by ssRhino: 12:22am On Sep 14, 2007
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa N3.2M for a dogde, pls show me the inside, it must be made of gold.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by kellorah: 12:26am On Sep 14, 2007
$$Rhino:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa N3.2M for a dogde, please show me the inside, it must be made of gold.
Nice one.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by gmcln(m): 2:55am On Sep 14, 2007
You can get this cheaper. 2000 Dodge (chrysler) caravan, 8 seater with 74k miles
A/c Auto, clean in and out. only 1.2m or best offer.
Allready in Lagos. More information on request.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by viperman: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2007
Hi ometta,

what year model is this dodge?
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Okejazz(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2007
Man go really DODGE that cain price. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Ivvie: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2007
Why is this van the price of a new van?  Isn't it used and it's american ,   Plus the maintenance of this vehicle isn't cheap ($60 a spark plug and you need 6 of them). Tune up is a day's job (8 hours).  This is a non-tropicalised van.  Clouded headlights.   Nobody buys dodge or chryslers.  Nobody buys american cars, that's why their adverts are directed towards the lower class of the society.  I don't know if it's Houston alone but there is a marketing sale of $15,000 off new american car and it has been for more than 8 weeks (best of my knowledge). 

You are making no deal and this is a clear situation of a rip-off in progress.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Ivvie: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2007
viperman:

Hi ometta,

what year model is this dodge?

@Viperman

It doesn't matter the year and model of that truck. It's got funny wiper-travel and unaccounted electrical problems. It's a lemon from Chrysler Corp. and the 2.7l engines cooks oil causing premature sludge. Timing chain breaks without warning, irregardless.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2007
I guess that's killed off prospective buyers! grin

Unless you're a very proficient engineer, or have a source of cheap parts . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by gmcln(m): 1:10am On Sep 16, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote][/quote] Ivvie wrote Why is this van the price of a new van? Isn't it used and it's American , Plus the maintenance of this vehicle isn't cheap ($60 a spark plug and you need 6 of them). Tune up is a day's job (8 hours). This is a non-tropicalised van. Clouded headlights. Nobody buys dodge or chryslers. Nobody buys american cars, that's why their adverts are directed towards the lower class of the society. I don't know if it's Houston alone but there is a marketing sale of $15,000 off new american car and it has been for more than 8 weeks (best of my knowledge).

You are making no deal and this is a clear situation of a rip-off in progress.

$60.00 for spark plug? where do you get your information from.

For vehicle: 2000 DODGE CARAVAN V6 3.0 Liter
Bosch Spark Plug  Ships in 1 day  $2.18
Spark Plug: Super Plus; Gap 0.044 

Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty

you said only poor people drive dodge, I must be very poor, This is my third Dodge Caravan since 1992.
when my kids started college. We even own one in Abuja, driving to Lagos through Lokoja, Okenne, owo, Akure, ondo to lagos, (my wife don't
like to fly in naija)
You said new dodge cost $1500.00?
Look at the profile below
2001 DAIMLERCHRYSLER MINIVAN
Vehicle type: front-engine, front- or 4-wheel-drive, 7-passenger, 5-door van
Estimated base price: $19,500-$35,000
Engines: DOHC 16-valve 2.4-liter 4-in-line, 150 hp, 167 lb-ft; pushrod 12-valve 3.3-liter V-6, 180 hp, 210 lb-ft; pushrod 12-valve 3.8-liter V-6, 215 hp, 245 lb-ft; SOHC 24-valve 3.5-liter V-6, 230 hp, 250 lb-ft
Transmission. . . . . . . 4-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Wheelbase. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .113.3-119.3 in
Length. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 189.1-200.5 in
Width. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , .78.6 in
Height. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 68.8-68.9 in
Curb weight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , . . . . . 3500-4400 lb
C/D-estimated performance:
Zero to 60 mph. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9.0-12.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17.3-19.0 sec
EPA city driving . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17-20 mpg
EPA highway driving. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

chrysler caravan don't have 2.7 liter engine in caravan
L4 2.4 Liter
V6 3.0 Liter FI  181 CID VIN 3

V6 3.3 Liter FI  201 CID VIN R

V6 3.3 Liter FI  EGM 201 CID VIN G

Please brother try to shoot straight
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Ivvie: 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2007
@gmcln

You can put carbon plugs in that vehicle.  The plugs designed for that vehicle is  per what my mechanic told me is $60.00 a piece because they are different (2004 +). Tuning the van is not easy also.  It is a day's job.  That goes to all vans.  Labour on Van's are not cheap because of it's layout.  It's got a Mitsubishi engine and it cooks oil causing the engine to sludge.  Plugs will be cheaper if the van if it's older.

Please, I did not say poor people buy Dodges, their market has been directed to all level in the society.  They were marketed to a certain class of people.  Dogdes are economy brands and Chrysler are the premium versions of Dodges.  I might have come too direct but their marketing has changed. You are a lower class to the society if you aren't caucasian. It's also termed second-class citizen. That is U.S category by congress.  Chrysler faced a lawsuit for not granting loans to minorities or charging higher interests rates.  Chrysler is currently facing a class-action law suit and no one buys those vehicles anymore.  They are prone to fires and timing chain failures and also smoke.    I also stated that domestic cars are $15,000 off not $1500 meaning, they are trying to attract the market .  Waive your anger and please re-read my post. 

I'm not to spoil anyone's market.  I was only wondering why it's so expensive and how it'll survive in Nigeria.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by Honda29: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2007
Ivvie,

Thanks for your posts. We need more of such informative posts. We are tired of being ripped off by greedy and conscienceless people.
Re: Sorry about the price scare. by sultaan(m): 6:05am On Sep 27, 2007
If your mechanic says spark plugs is $10 each and you paid, you probably don't know much about cost of parts.I worked on the 3.3l engine before and I know its not too much trouble getting to the 3 plugs from under the car with proper extension and flexible socket you'll get it out.
Parts on dodge are very cheap since there is a lot of after market Mopar parts call a dealer to confirm on OEM plugs.

The Stratus and Intrepid are the ones that had problems of sludge in the 2.7l V6 which can be reduced by doing oil change as schedule with quality oil, or synthetics.
The only engines Mitsubishi and Chrysler share are the 2.4l I4 and 3.0l V6. This is why the Eclipse GT and Stratus RT look alike, they are made in the same plant.

One of the reasons I like American cars is the timing chains, they last 100k or more and they make noise(warning) before they break. Any car that is not well maintained does not represent a line of products.If you follow your maintenance schedule you should have minimal problem.

The Dodge is way more powerful than those VW transport and Urvans.

(1) (Reply)

Opel Astra Wagon 1.8 How Good Is It? / I Need A Toyota Camry 2007: My Target Is 2million! / Used 30 Tonne Mack Trucks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.