Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

'no Community Was Under Boko Haram Control'- Borno State Governor, Zulum Praise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'no Community Was Under Boko Haram Control'- Borno State Governor, Zulum Praise (121 Views)

No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters / Maiduguri Under Boko Haram Attack Currently / Damaturu, Yobe Under Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'no Community Was Under Boko Haram Control'- Borno State Governor, Zulum Praise by Roving1: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
'No Community Was Under Boko Haram Control'- Borno State Governor, Zulum Praise Security Men

Borno State Governor, Prof Babagana Zulum, on Friday, said his state’s security situation had improved by 85 per cent, claiming that no community was under Boko Haram control.

“Honestly speaking, none of the 27 local government areas of Borno State are under the control of insurgents,” Zulum told State House correspondents after he emerged from closed-door talks with President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.

Zulum said, “To be sincere and candid, the security situation in Borno State has improved by more than 85 percent. Economic activities are ongoing perfectly in Borno State.

“I just read some script a few days ago saying that insurgency is increasing in Borno State; the story is not right. The Nigerian army is giving us the desired cooperation, the police, the paramilitary as well as air force and all other components of the Nigerian military are supporting us.

“But most importantly, I want to assure you that as the chief security officer of Borno State, the state is doing well in terms of security. There’s a serious improvement in our security situation. And I commend the service chiefs for their efforts and I commend the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

However, the Governor said a few local government areas still reeling from years of conflict as settlers are yet to fully return.

“Now, people are partially resettled there, especially Abadam local government and then Guzamala local government.

“But by and large, in terms of the security situation in Borno state, I think the government is doing very well, the Nigerian military is also doing very well. And then nothing has happened; we keep on improving,” he said.

Click Below Link To Read Full Details:

https://rovingupdates.com/no-community-was-under-boko-haram-control-borno-state-governor-zulum-praise-security-men/
Re: 'no Community Was Under Boko Haram Control'- Borno State Governor, Zulum Praise by joinnow: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
This book Haram no dey finish

(1) (Reply)

FBI, CIA Reject Request To Release Documents On President Tinubu / Minister Of Power, Adelabu Speaks After Private Jet Crash / Ebonyi Speaker Extols First Lady For BERWO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.