Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,882 members, 7,949,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Could Be Wrong With The Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Could Be Wrong With The Business (157 Views)

Please Explain What Could Be Wrong With The GTB FX Transfer / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / Quotes From Famous Men That Turned Out To Be Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wrong With The Business by Kevineleven(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
So my friend came around today, his nickname is weezy.
When I asked how his business was doing, he hissed and told me this sorry story considering the fact that he is 35 and single.
The reason for his marital status according to him is financial instability.
Weezy rented a shop and started selling food stuff items on the street close to his house.
His capital was 350k.
According to him the first 2weeks was great, he was making like 2k profit.
Then on the third week the business blocked, he hardly makes 1k profit a day.
His daily expenses is between 1500 to 2k.
So he has been spending from his capital since the daily profit isn't enough for his daily expenses.
Note:
The street is busy, there are many people doing similar business on the area
He sells daily foodstuff items like tin tomatoes, beans, rice, Garri, power oil, Maggie, salt, semo etc.
The business is 7months old and is crashing
He is blaming it on wicked neighbours and village people
He has pray and fasted yet no improvement
He is tired of the business
He does not have the money to start a new line of business, he wants to start a restaurant.

What is your advice for my guy weezy weezy?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With The Business by MidasTouch15: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Obviously, the competition on the street is too much already and that's why the business isn't yielding much profit again since there are similar items being sold near him.

He should just exercise patience. There is no guarantee that the restaurant won't meet the same fate

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wrong With The Business by brain54(m): 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
Maybe his attitudeā€¦

And approach to customers. If he was making small profits before I see no reason why it stopped instead of increasing.

Maybe also that his neighbors who sell similar stuff are diabolical. The competition is real. This is Africa!

He could also be selling at a higher margin.

He should check well.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere!
Re: What Could Be Wrong With The Business by Kevineleven(m): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
brain54:
Maybe his attitudeā€¦

And approach to customers. If he was making small profits before I see no reason why it stopped instead of increasing.

Maybe also that his neighbors who sell similar stuff are diabolical. The competition is real. This is Africa!

He could also be selling at a higher margin.

He should check well.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere!

He is introvert but polite and kind, i don't think attitude is the problem.
He said something about his neighbor gossiping a lot since they are women, he prefers to stay inside the shop instead of staying around those women.

He sells at the same margin as others.

(1) (Reply)

Get A World Class Website With A Free Mobile App At 40% Ember Discount!!! / The Art Of Do Nothing In Trading / How To Double Incomes Through Smart Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.