Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,643 members, 7,979,185 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:38 PM

British High Commission: Tinubu Said Economic Reforms Resonates Globally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British High Commission: Tinubu Said Economic Reforms Resonates Globally (140 Views)

Stakeholders To Tinubu: Hasty Economic Reforms Worsening Poverty / Group Storms British High Commission In Abuja, Demands Kanu's Extradition (Video / What Tinubu said about Ambode's impeachment after Crucial Meeting with APC leade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

British High Commission: Tinubu Said Economic Reforms Resonates Globally by lexylaw40: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2023
Tinubu’s Bold Economic Reforms Resonating Globally, British High Commissioner Observes
IndependentNov 2, 2023 4:29 AM

ABUJA – The British High Commis­sioner in Nigeria, Dr. Richard Montgomery, has said the bold reforms being initiated by Pres­ident Bola Tinubu is resonating loudly and fast, making Nigeria become a regional and global powerhouse.

He said that has been observed by the United Kingdom (UK) too.

He made the observation while delivering a goodwill mes­sage at the 2023 Cabinet Retreat held for ministers, presidential aides, permanent secretaries and top government functionaries on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Montgomery, who assured the nation of the UK’s continued support in the spirit of mutual respect and partnership, also observed that the nation, at the moment, is faced with daunting economic, security and social challenges, but applauded the president’s reform initiatives aimed at attending to the chal­lenges.

The UK High Commission­er also affirmed his country’s renewed partnership with Nige­ria, pointing out that Nigeria is projected to become third largest country in the world by the year 2050.

“Mr. President, I’d like to recognise Nigeria as a growing regional and global powerhouse. You are likely to become the third largest country in the world by 2050. I applaud your plans to sta­bilise the economy and put it on a higher growth path to prosperity, on which so much else depends.

“The UK stands ready to support in the spirit of mutual respect. The UK stands ready to stand up on our partnerships across a range of areas and I wish you and your government all best wishes and goodwill in your work ahead.

“Nigeria faces big security, economic and social challenges. In a global context, the big chal­lenges are difficult global econo­my, shifting geopolitical and for­eign policy pressures and as I said in public before, I applaud the big and bold economic reforms that you are taking forward.

“I admire your leadership of ECOWAS, your strong voice on democracy, and your G20 interna­tional engagement, all of which have thrust Nigeria back onto the international stage.

“I also wanted, Mr. President, to use my goodwill message to confirm the UK’s renewed part­nership with Nigeria and with your cabinet and with the Nige­rian people. Nigeria really mat­ters to the UK, we share history, we share a commitment to dem­ocratic politics, we share inter­ests in defence and security and trade and investment, which has strong people-to-people needs”, he said.

He applauded President Tinubu’s initiatives to enhance economic stability and steer the country towards a more prosper­ous growth trajectory.

He also added that the eight priorities of the present admin­istration had provided clarity of purpose.

“Your administration inher­ited big problems. It is a difficult time, people are hurting, expec­tations are high, better deliver­ies are desperately needed and with global context. Your eight priorities under your Renewed Hope Agenda you provide clarity of purpose, your policy advisory committee has identified plans, performance indicators”, he said.

Also delivering a goodwill message, the World Bank Coun­try Director for Nigeria, Shub­ham Chaudhuri, disclosed that the bank has committed over $11 billion in the past three years for government at both the federal and the sub-national levels.

Chaudhuri, who assured Pres­ident Bola Tinubu of the bank’s support in his administration’s incredibly important and chal­lenging task of lifting millions of Nigerians out of poverty and making lives better for everyone, noted that the country was at a critical juncture to either contin­ue muddling through business as usual with the risk of things fall­ing apart or have the courage to chart a new course, to take bold steps to finally see Nigeria rise to its true potential.

Re: British High Commission: Tinubu Said Economic Reforms Resonates Globally by lexylaw40: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2023
Obidients no go talk now oo

(1) (Reply)

Heartfelt Congratulations And High Expectations For Senator Natasha Akpoti. / Rivers State Government Press Statement / Confirmation As IGP: Ibadin Identifies The Task Before Egbetokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.