Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,871 members, 7,876,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:41 PM

Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks (5156 Views)

Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC / Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities / Dangote Splashes N1 Billion On Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Olalekan0(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2011
Folks,don't be decieved,the number of pupils in Ogun state public schools is far less than what that commissioner for education claims,and as such 2b naira in my opinion is still over-bloated!!!
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^ Can you give us the authentic numbers of student in Ogun State schools since you seem to have conflicting information
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by PointB: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
Olalekan 0:

Folks,don't be decieved,the number of pupils in Ogun state public schools is far less than what that commissioner for education claims,and as such 2b naira in my opinion is still over-bloated!!!

You dare to challenge what ACN NL thugs profess? I am subscribing. This would be interesting.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
I doubt if ogun state has over 600,000 students, sometin is fishy, i know my country.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
Whats the Population of Ogun State and what is the Population of Children between the ages of 6 to 17yrs?
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by gokuu(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
For just maths, english and biology, that's too Much! Btw, the schools should b renovated first b4 buying books.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by gokuu(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2011
For just maths, english and biology, that's too Much! Btw, the schools should b renovated first b4 buying books.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by isaleggan: 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
PointB:

Wonderful news. On this school?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/557431_Ogun1_jpg57160e6ad47cd6f6179bcbb19f78d20a

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-former-gov-gbenga-daniels-legacy-worst-primary-school-earth-ogun-state

Awww.  Look at the precious children. smiley Mehn, we need to love our own.  If we don't care, no one else will. cool

BTW, I spot DK and Fstranger conspiring to "liberate" the cameraman's equipment when he goes to get lunch.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by isaleggan: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2011
isale_ggan:

BTW, I spot DK and Fstranger conspiring to "liberate" the cameraman's equipment when he goes to get lunch.

My bad! I meant, Blacksta and Debosky. embarassed grin
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by gascoign1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
2bn on textbooks? does this include tertiary too? even at that it is very very ridiculous, another scam i guess
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
dayokanu:

Good move from Ogun STate ACN governor.

Gbawe I can remember those days when they would give us List of books and many students would be unable to buy

Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Anvaller: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
This is another ski-mask move from the ACN.

1st all, how would you know if the govt have over inflated the students' population? I believe they have.

Secondly, how would you measure or confirm that the number of books eventually distributed is not just 60-70% of the actual population of the students (not the inflated figure)

And above all, why are they more interested in expending a huge sum on distribution of books and not interested in expending same on renovation of schools? From a commonsensical approach,U renovate the schools first and then think about the books. How would the students assimilate the teachings from any book in an un-conducive environment? [b]The point is, it easier and less risky to technically embezzle by executing the latter than to execute the former. [/b]It is a more difficult task to verify whether every single student got 1 copy each of the 3 subjects. in Nigeria of today, do we have any system on ground who can conveniently do that? Where as it is much easy to observe that buildings were not renovated or poorly renovated in schools XYZ as claimed by the X govt.

If u no know, U go know.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by koruji(m): 2:06am On Oct 27, 2011
You are asking may be legitimate questions, answers to which could satisfy your curiosity and possibly help Ogun State to plan for this better.

But No, you are not really interested in the answer - it is already all declared a ski-mask move. More cement to your elbow.

Anvaller:

This is another ski-mask move from the ACN.

1st all, how would you know if the govt have over inflated the students' population? I believe they have.

Secondly, how would you measure or confirm that the number of books eventually distributed is not just 60-70% of the actual population of the students (not the inflated figure)

And above all, why are they more interested in expending a huge sum on distribution of books and not interested in expending same on renovation of schools? From a commonsensical approach,U renovate the schools first and then think about the books. How would the students assimilate the teachings from any book in an un-conducive environment? [b]The point is, it easier and less risky to technically embezzle by executing the latter than to execute the former. [/b]It is a more difficult task to verify whether every single student got 1 copy each of the 3 subjects. in Nigeria of today, do we have any system on ground who can conveniently do that? Where as it is much easy to observe that buildings were not renovated or poorly renovated in schools XYZ as claimed by the X govt.

If u no know, U go know.

Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by arsenefc: 2:19am On Oct 27, 2011
koruji:

You are asking may be legitimate questions, answers to which could satisfy your curiosity and possibly help Ogun State to plan for this better.

But No, you are not really interested in the answer - it is already all declared a ski-mask move. More cement to your elbow.

Ogun under the auspices of ACN has no intention to plan for a better future for these kids.

They knew what they were doing all along, and chose this path, instead of doing right by those kids. Its mall about how to best embezzle public funds.

Shame on them!
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Nymphnode(m): 3:49am On Oct 27, 2011
dayokanu:

You mean you didnt read NOEC, Macmillan English textbook?

Alawiye Yoruba?

Lacombes maths? etc?
Baba nge igi. A o ba baba ge igi. grin
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by itiswell1(m): 7:07am On Oct 27, 2011
Nymph node:

Baba nge igi. A o ba baba ge igi. grin

Local. grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by bashydemy(m): 7:25am On Oct 27, 2011
arsenefc:

Ogun under the auspices of ACN has no intention to plan for a better future for these kids.

They knew what they were doing all along, and chose this path, instead of doing right by those kids. Its mall about how to best embezzle public funds.

Shame on them!
and Ogun under PDP plan to destroy the kids future abi what did the Gbenga Daniel Led Government did to benefit the children education? so far ACN's Governors has reduce the school fees of all state tertiary institution in there various states, Poverty indeed is a disease that why some people cannot diffrenciate between good and bad Government shame
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by moreprof: 7:42am On Oct 27, 2011
Inflated figures!
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Quazosky(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2011
Indeed a very good initiative, I pray the hawk wil not hijack it midway and made away with the funds. SIA God will bless you real good
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2011
Considering the total number of pupils/students given by the commissioner (pending when anyone with verifiable facts can disprove such) i think the sum is fair. the initiative is fantastic. However, does it include private schools also (i doubt though).
i hope the real beneficiaries will get to use it eventually.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Kx: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2011
Build model classrooms, stock the school libraries with books should have been the priority
than spending a whooping N2billion on books
N2billion!, seems like our money has lost all values completely.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Oct 27, 2011
^^^^^

It seems to me that all those will go concurrently undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by sgd: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2011
check it out
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by sgd: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2011
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by highland(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2011
This will only amend the decadence in Nigeria educational system, it will not solve the problem of poor teachers and teaching methods.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by oludimuni: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2011
Has anyone confirm if the Books had been practically given to the students till date.

If you had confirmed that, please post it here and name the 5 of the schools that had benefited.

Maybe we should start monitoring our government's claims from here
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by mustspin: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2011
seen some really hilarious posts, how can you prioritise fixing of roads ahead of provision of learning materials? i guess you guys will prefer he renovate the schools and put a/c's then take some photographs with smiles( the alao akala style ) undecided undecided undecided. renovations take longer time and sessions just started, good idea i as far as i am concerned.

that guy that suggested fixing roads before buying books must really be on crack
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Pukkah: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
moreprof:

Inflated figures!

Which of the figures are inflated: books, number of students??/
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Gbenge77(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
good move.
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by Nymphnode(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2011
it is well:

Local. grin grin grin
How do you mean local?
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by bsalva(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2011
Another Scam ,msheeeww. cry
Re: Ogun Govt To Spend N2 Billion On Textbooks by oka1bct: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
it is a shame that people are praising Gov Amosun for the waste of funds. instead of buying books for these kids why not use the 2billion to build libraries in each school and then enforce the use of library. he read M.A Finance, he is not showing any form of wise invest in education. i have one question for him, for how long is he going to keep buying books. lets wake up and stop praising these guys, lets challenge them to do the best thing.

- if he want to invest in education, he should look at bringing back our technical school and invest in more apprenticeship programs.

To Mr Gov, i know you have good intention but please the world is changing so step up your game.
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Womans Education Ends In Kitchen. / 2014/2015 Bayero University Kano (BUK) Merit Admission List Out On School Websit / 15-Year Old Student Raped Within School Premises (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.