Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,994 members, 7,927,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 (9241 Views)

What Is A Presidential Yacht? Thecable Takes You Into The World Of The Big Toy / What Is A Presidential Yacht? Countries With Presidential Yachts / How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Roboto11: 7:27am On Nov 04, 2023
Bro, you finish work.

This it truly investigation, something majority of Nigerians are unable to do.

Regardless of your deduction, your thoroughness makes it superior.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Xwizard: 7:28am On Nov 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
How Is it rubbish, because it doesn't suit your narrative, right? Lmao.
What’s my narrative didirin
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by wittywriter: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
We have checked the national budget office website..the navy is under the ministry of defense. There is nothing like procurement of presidential yacht in their 2024 budget proposal. Leave the Navy alone. Don't use them as scape goat.

Seems Naptu2 the OP is part of the paid online minions of the political actors.
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Just tell us that we don't need presidential yatcht. All these long write up, black & white pictures from 20th century is meaningless.

There is no coastal water in FCT...you spend #5b to buy SUVs for the president. Yet you're telling the citizens to endure. Then u want to spend another #5b for yatch? Shey d Nigeria navy no get helicopter to fly our president?

Exactly
naptu2:
Entertainment on this thread will be provided by OkpaNsukkaisBae and wittywriter.

It has been shown (in previous interactions) that it's a bit difficult for them to read. Therefore, entertain yourselves with this little exercise.

Read where they said that there's no water in Abuja, then go back to my posts and ask yourself where Presidents Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari reviewed the fleet.

Read where they said that it's not in the Navy's budget, then go back to the link to the Budget Office's website that I provided.

Now have a good laugh.

🤣🤣🤣
Midehi3:
You will see his die hard hungry fans saying is good or defend him here, useless set of human beings with stricken poverty begging for money to eat everywhere in yoruba land, idiots tongue
The reasons why corrupt politicians keep misbehaving...
Naptu2 feels overated creating threads on here...imagine lol...

Wittyness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Splashme: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2023
Nonsense ... you go explain tire.
No evidence!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:34am On Nov 04, 2023
So the essence of this write up is what everybody is saying, why buy presidential yacht now?

But make I ask o, [/b]which company delivered a yacht when payment haven't been made? Or have some payments been made aside the 5billion been requested now?[b]

I'm sure many of us will love to know the name of this company that does [/b]buy now, pay 6months later[b] for a yacht

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by ItisWell22(f): 7:47am On Nov 04, 2023
kayusely70:
The Navy needs no new Presidential Yatch. One of the ships can be converted to one!

Exactly.

Not with the present rate of hungry masses. 😢

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by naptu2: 7:49am On Nov 04, 2023
Entertainment on this thread will be provided by OkpaNsukkaisBae and wittywriter.

It has been shown (in previous interactions) that it's a bit difficult for them to read. Therefore, entertain yourselves with this little exercise.

Read where they said that there's no water in Abuja, then go back to my posts and ask yourself where Presidents Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari reviewed the fleet.

Read where they said that it's not in the Navy's budget, then go back to the link to the Budget Office's website that I provided.

Now have a good laugh.

🤣🤣🤣

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Midehi3(f): 7:50am On Nov 04, 2023
You will see his die hard hungry fans saying is good or defend him here, useless set of human beings with stricken poverty begging for money to eat everywhere in yoruba land, idiots tongue
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by naptu2: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
Ride on Naptu. You're the man. Expose the ignorance of many of these peeps who have brains but refuse to use it. Kudos to you and yours.

Thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Myer(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2023
naptu2:
Alternatives.

Pictures = NNS Prosperity.

Thanks for the insight. You clearly know your onions.
I've heard all sorts of arguments as to why it is needed but with your points, it is clearly not needed or justified.

We know NASS has approved it but it has not yet been acquired. Let's hope it can be divested into more worthwhile needs and interventions.

Obviously this is an avenue some Cabals have been using to syphon our common wealth into their accounrs. Proforce might actually be complicit in this issue if they're the contractor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Housing(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2023
Detailed and deep analysis on essence of the Presidential Yatch, and while we [/b] don't need one for, most especially as we should be cutting cost and reduce expenditures.[b]
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Chibuzoripob: 7:56am On Nov 04, 2023
cool
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by chigoziri2403(m): 7:57am On Nov 04, 2023
Forget about the issue
I need to know who this op is
Everything about him
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Midehi3(f): 7:57am On Nov 04, 2023
Cruise777:

cool

Tinubu must start suing this idiots

Each agency and parastatal present therr annual budget estimate and it gets forwarded to the National Assembly

Suddenly they blame only one man Tinubu

Sharap
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2023
Thanks for the extensive research..

I guess threads like this don't get views cos it doesn't suit narrative.

This is the type of stuff you expect from reputable media houses to do, but they are all busy chasing clouts with 2 for 1 blogs.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Iziquiel(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Just tell us that we don't need presidential yatcht. All these long write up, black & white pictures from 20th century is meaningless.

There is no coastal water in FCT...you spend #5b to buy SUVs for the president. Yet you're telling the citizens to endure. Then u want to spend another #5b for yatch? Shey d Nigeria navy no get helicopter to fly our president?
If you read this report with an open mind you would have seen that OP repeatedly said we do not need a presidential yacht.

Just to help you, our fleet review is not done in Abuja.

Try to keep an open mind always, it'll help you a lot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by joyandfaith: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2023
United State with best naval force does not have presidential yacht.
UK doesn't have royal yacht.
Reason- Funding issue.
If US and UK with their advanced naval forces do not have yacht for their respective head of state, why should a poor country like Nigeria buys one?
Many more countries are decommissioning their presidential or royal yatch.
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by JuanDeDios: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Hmm. You miss the point of this very enlightening thread. You want arguments to be black and white. Well, I guess that works for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Iziquiel(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
We have checked the national budget office website..the navy is under the ministry of defense. There is nothing like procurement of presidential yacht in their 2024 budget proposal. Leave the Navy alone. Don't use them as scape goat.

I thought the allocation for a Presidential Yacht was contained in the supplementary budget for 2023 that was approved few days ago by the National Assembly?

It's ok to be ignorant but what's worse is when you intentionally refuse to be educated so as to cure your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by JuanDeDios: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Quite curious that a N5b Yatch was delivered to Nigeria without full or part payment & without budget approval from Lawmakers.

You sef see am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Okoroawusa: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Good job bro... nice and apt analysis
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by DonroxyII: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2023
naptu2:
I forgot to post this picture.

President Goodluck Jonathan reviewing the fleet in 2010. You can see SBS commandos guarding the Shaldag MK II patrol boat.
This definitely is not Good For Our President & Best Navy in the Gulf of Guinea ...

The Presidential Jet Could be Used by TopMost Navy Officials & Ministry of Defense Personnel's including Member of National Assembly On Oversight .... So I doubt it is an Occasional Assets of course the President would use it on Occasions or Top Strategic Defense Joint Meetings On Sea....

The C-in-C deserves One to Avoid being Embarrased at Sea By Happy Trigger "Anyone/Anything" .....

The President Shouldn't be attacked On Navy's Watch so Whatever That's Needed Should Be Provided in my own Opinion!

Nevertheless, The Economy of Nigeria is the Problem...She should be Fixed & I hope She Bounces into Boom, Amen.
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Fcwilly: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2023
You asked the citizens to endure the evil policy while you use the money meant to provide infrastructure to buy pleasure yacht, how can NN be buying yacht, is yacht used for war? Of what benefits is yacht to NN? we will soon hear the real truth. Am not disappointed though. Emilokan indeed. Shege banza proMax
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by professorPABX: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2023
naptu2:
Rear Admiral Alfred Diette-Spiff was the governor of Rivers State during the Gowon era. He bought this yacht so that he and his Executive Council could stay on it when they were visiting the creeks of the state. It was called the Ogina Bereton.

The Murtala Muhammed Administration believed that the yacht was too luxurious, so they converted it into a presidential yacht and training ship. It was renamed Ruwan Yaro.

NNS Ruwan Yaro was later renamed NNS Amaria.

NNS Amaria was decommissioned a long time ago and since then the Navy has been asking for money for a new yacht.

Though I have been away from nairaland and vowed never to come back again but I was pulled back just for this moment by some retired military officers friends. As usual, I have to borrow this account to use.

NAPTU2 , Ruwan Yaro is not Amariya. His Royal Highness Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff as a Navy Commander and Governor of old Rivers State acquired a Yacht - Ogina Bereton which was for official duties. It later became Ruwan Yaro. There are many falsehoods written about Ruwan Yaro and Amariya on Social media just as you do on your write up and most people with Information have no time as some people are only excited with false information.

You said in 1987 Babangida used NNS Aradu (Nigeria's Flagship) for fleet review to give impression that Babangida never used Presidential Yacht. For your information, Babangida used Presidential Yacht all through his tenure. Even when he relocated to Abuja, the Presidential Yacht (Amariya) was under presidency but operated by Nigerian Navy just like Presidential Airfleet are under Air force.

The Presidential Yacht (Amariya) was designed by a renowned Naval Architect - Engr N. V Ozobia the first CEO of Nigerdock, Snake Island, Amariya was at Snake Island for years under a Naval detachment until it was brought to Olokun naval base.

Personally, I witnessed Babangida using this Yacht severally.

NAPTU2 don't confuse people with falsehoods, Ruwan Yaro is not what became Amariya (Presidential Yacht). Ruwan Yaro was Ogina Bereton a yacht bought by a Navy Commander who is a SEAMAN and an IJAW from the Creek as old Rivers State governor. If a SOJA or Airforce officer had been appointed as Old Rivers State governor instead of a SEAMAN - Navy Commander Diette-Spiff he wouldn't have bought the Yacht because that is not his professional core area. Ruwan Yaro was later used as training ship for cadets after passing out from NDA and NNC, Onne.

Personally, for years, I entered both Ruwan Yaro and Amariya and anybody can tell you the survey, security and other electronics are not the same. Even without light (in darkness), I can walk or move in both Ruwan Yaro and Amariya because for years I entered both vesseis before decommissioning.

All the opposition to Navy acquisition of a modern Yacht is because of Tinubu because of Lagos. All the ships you mentioned as alternative to presidential yacht are just the babbling of noise makers who don't know much. It is not the present CNS who made arrangements for the replacement of Amariya. There is no need for the Navy explaining anything again.

Lagos State or Ogun State or Ondo State can individually acquire the Yacht for the Navy.

Note: babaolofin will not read your response or come back here. Nairaland moderator can delete the post as usual. Thanks.

babaolofin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2023
🤣

That up there ⬆️ is another person that often tries to get my attention.

I don't read his posts because he usually just makes a lot of noise with no substance, just like in the post above. That's why he hid and used another account.

He said that I said that Babangida didn't use a presidential yacht. Can anybody point to where I said that?

Anyway, he failed once again in his attempt to entertain me.
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by U09ce: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2023
professorPABX:

Though I have been away from nairaland and vowed never to come back again but I was pulled back just for this moment by some retired military officers friends. As usual, I have to borrow this account to use.

NAPTU2 , Ruwan Yaro is not Amariya. His Royal Highness Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff as a Navy Commander and Governor of old Rivers State acquired a Yacht - Ogina Bereton which was for official duties. It later became Ruwan Yaro. There are many falsehoods written about Ruwan Yaro and Amariya on Social media just as you do on your write up and most people with Information have no time as some people are only after false information.

You said in 1987 Babangida used NNS Aradu (Nigeria's Flagship) for fleet review to give impression that Babangida never used Presidential Yacht. For your information, Babangida used Presidential Yacht all through his tenure. Even when he relocated to Abuja, the Presidential Yacht (Amariya) was under presidency but operated by Nigerian Navy just like Presidential Airfleet are under Air force.

The Presidential Yacht (Amariya) was designed by a renowned Naval Architect - Engr N. V Ozobia the first CEO of Nigerdock, Snake Island, Amariya was at Snake Island for years under a Naval detachment until it was brought to Olokun naval base.

Personally, I witnessed Babangida using this Yacht severally.

NAPTU2 don't confuse people with falsehoods, Ruwan Yaro is not what became Amariya (Presidential Yacht). Ruwan Yaro was Ogina Bereton a yacht bought by a Navy Commander as old Rivers State governor.If a SOJA or Airforce officer had been appointed as Old Rivers State governor instead of Navy Commander Diette-Spiff he wouldn't have bought the Yacht because that is not his professional core area. Ruwan Yaro was used as training ships for cadets.

Personally, for years, I entered both Ruwan Yaro and Amariya and anybody can tell you the survey, security and other electronics are not the same. Even without light (in darkness), I can walk or move in both Ruwan Yaro and Amariya because for years I entered both vesseis before decommissioning.

All the opposition to Navy acquisition of a modern Yacht is because of Tinubu because of Lagos. All the ships you mentioned as alternative to presidential yacht are just the blabbing of noise makers who don't know much. It is not the present CNS who made arrangements for the replacement of Amariya. There is no need for the Navy explaining anything again.

Lagos State or Ogun State or Ondo State can individually acquire the Yacht for the Navy.

Note: babaolofin will not read your response or come back here. Nairaland moderator can delete the post as usual. Thanks.

babaolofin

You can make your corrections without castigating the OP. The insights, from you and Naptu, are all appreciated

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by lionshare: 10:44am On Nov 04, 2023
Great work
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by CLRF: 10:59am On Nov 04, 2023
Informative thread
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by slimfit1(m): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Cruise777:

cool

Tinubu must start suing this idiots

Each agency and parastatal present therr annual budget estimate and it gets forwarded to the National Assembly

Suddenly they blame only one man Tinubu

Let him deny it, he is the boss let him tell the navy to take it out simple.
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by Kennedy97: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

There is a reason for the write up

If you read it you would know the navy already got the yatch cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by GABRIEL6036: 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
You mean this presidential yantchsh

Re: Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 by GABRIEL6036: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
😀😀😀

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara, Benue, 7 States, FCT Failed To Generate Revenue From LGAs In 2022 - / Fuel Subsidy: Sahara Energy’s Tope Sonubi And Tonye Cole On The Run / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL DECLARATION!!!BUHARI VISITS AND INVITES GOVERNOR FASHOLA!(PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.