Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,802 members, 7,915,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:07 PM

What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? (266 Views)

Is The Skin Colour Of Jesus Christ Important? (A Response To Donnie) / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Catapault: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2023
What Skin Colour Was Job the Hebrew?

The man tested by the Bible God?

I would appreciate a truthful answer.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Nov 06, 2023
Catapault:
What Skin Colour Was Job the Hebrew? The man tested by the Bible God? I would appreciate a truthful answer.
What kind of yeye question be this? Wetin concern you with the man skin color? You go ask us what color his pants were next ---- assuming he wore those and whether na boxers or briefs and maybe even what length his dick was? undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Catapault: 1:21am On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What kind of yeye question be this? Wetin concern you with the man skin color? undecided

I just want to check something.

Please, what was his skin colour?
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Catapault: 2:34am On Nov 06, 2023
??
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Catapault: 6:14am On Nov 06, 2023
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Lovemeharder(f): 6:22am On Nov 06, 2023
undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2023
What is your own skin color?
And what has your skin color got to do with your virtue? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 9:07am On Nov 06, 2023
Job the Hebrew

Where did you get this info OP.

I'd like to know.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
Job the Hebrew Where did you get this info OP. I'd like to know.
Job was a Hebrew. You can sort of deduce this from the things Job said of the works of righteousness he did. Most everything he listed corresponds to that which God is written to have given only to the Israelites. undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Job was a Hebrew. You can sort of deduce this from the things Job said of the works of righteousness he did. Most everything he listed corresponds to that which God is written to have given only to the Israelites. undecided

I'd like to think he was an Edomite who loved God and His ways.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
■ I'd like to think he was an Edomite who loved God and His ways.
God gave His Law only to the Israelites and His promise of Life and Death-- the path to righteousness---- only to the descendants of Jacob. So what possible way would an Edomite, a descendant of Esau, have had to obtain access to that which God gave only to Jacob? undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God gave His Law only to the Israelites and His promise of Life and Death-- the path to righteousness---- only to the descendants of Jacob. So what possible way would an Edomite, a descendant of Esau, have had to obtain access to that which God gave only to Jacob? undecided

Job was an Oriental. He wasn't a descendant of Jacob.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
■ Job was an Oriental. He wasn't a descendant of Jacob.
How did you get Job as an oriental? If God gave His Law --- the path to God's Righteousness--- only to the descendants of Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 -- , how was an oriental without any ties to Jacob gain access to God's Righteousness? undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How did you get Job as an oriental? If God gave His Law --- the path to God's Righteousness--- only to the descendants of Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 -- , how was an oriental without any ties to Jacob gain access to God's Righteousness? undecided

How about you read Job 1 vs 3.

Let me know what you think.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
■ How about you read Job 1 vs 3. Let me know what you think.
What am I supposed to be looking looking in that verse? undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What am I supposed to be looking looking in that verse? undecided

Kobo cheesy

Job 1 vs 1-3.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
Kobo cheesy
Job 1 vs 1-3.
What am I supposed to be looking for in that verse? undecided
The land of Uz (Hebrew: אֶרֶץ־עוּץ – ʾereṣ-ʿŪṣ) is a location mentioned in the Old Testament, most prominently in the Book of Job, which begins, "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job". Uz has often been identified as either Aram in modern-day Syria (teal) or Edom in modern-day Jordan (yellow).
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What am I supposed to be looking for in that verse? undecided

...His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. Job 1:3.
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
...His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. Job 1:3.
I know what the verse says but I asked is how did you figure that Job must have been an oriental? undecided
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I know what the verse says but I asked is how did you figure that Job must have been an oriental? undecided

The thing is, the book of Job is somewhat ambiguous.
There was no clear cut of where exactly he was from, the era the story happened...

If I'm to draw inferences from happenings around him, I'd stick to my first opinion of him being an Edomite.

His three friends recorded were all from that region...
Re: What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
RoyalBlu:
The thing is, the book of Job is somewhat ambiguous.
There was no clear cut of where exactly he was from, the era the story happened...If I'm to draw inferences from happenings around him, I'd stick to my first opinion of him being an Edomite.
His three friends recorded were all from that region
Job's friend's were

▢ Eliphaz, from the city of Teman(Edom)
▢ Bildad, from the land of Shuah (Likely not Edom)
▢ Zophar, from the land of Naamah (also likely not Edom)

Where do you get that Job must have been an Edomite. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Exposed Atrocities Of TB Joshua And The Bad Implications On Nigeria Global Image / TB Joshua: Prophet Joshua Iginla Reacts To BBC Report / I No Longer Go To Church On Sundays, I'd Rather Watch Religious Programs On Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.