Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,067 members, 7,890,508 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:11 PM

Maltina Dance Hall - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Maltina Dance Hall (11424 Views)

T Man Chin Chin Hotest Dance Hall 2015 / Download Free Dance Hall Beats From Skill P / Who Is Truly The King Of Dance Hall Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maltina Dance Hall by kingsol4u: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2007
Hello.
sex is food to Bleep very well and to do it?just that so guys like a boy who knows how to Bleep and a boy who as a very big dick like me?
but it is very good so much
and it as food too.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by kingsol4u: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2007
Oh boy if the girl like Bleep?is ok with her and her mum ok
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by jokewale: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2007
i personally think its not a bad show!, for in every game there must be a victor. the judges? they are yet to fully impress me.'cos their judgement seems to me too dry. they just announce outright eviction in the end but they can do more by giving the audience a better overall informed judgement, as for yesterday's 'cha cha' dance eviction all the families did their best so much that given a 'kaffy' as judge would find it almost difficult to give a fair -to-all verdict as they all performed same 'couple dance'. Nontheless as much as i quite agree that father adetola and younger sister adetola tried as well as Halle ihmordu and brother especially too, but however without bias i strongly agree with the judges by giving victory to lewis ibi family because mum Ibi and little brother Ibi given their strenght, knowledge in relation to support and effort put into the dance DESERVES VICTORY
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by uchetobi(f): 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Toks if you bothered to read thru. You'd'v seen i apologized long ago.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by Sarin(f): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
This is the first time I'm contributing on this forum. I feel the maltina dance hall is a fall out programme that should not be aired at all because it is not gripping and it is also not captivating. Or please can someone tell me what they are really doing because I feel I'm the one who is not getting it right. Ciao. lipsrsealed
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by toks81(f): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2007
@uchetobi

My dear, i did BOTHER to read through.That reply was just calling you to order in case of next time.Just say what you have to say in stead of making someone else feel like their opinion does'nt count.Abi as some1 asked your papa get shares for MDH? wink

@sarin

my dear they are meant to be useing the medium dance to promote family ties,like the mtn family show that disappeared all of a sudden.The thing unfortunately has deviated thanks to the crappy judges and the boring presenter.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by uchetobi(f): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2007
wateva
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by realdemi(f): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2007
@poster
The concept is okay. Truth is we all have different passions in life. And for some people, it's DANCE so why not help them find fulfillment like every other reality tries to do as in BBA, GUS for Acting, Modelling, Enterpreneurship (Bank PHB's Intern) etc. Everybody wants to shine as a  star especially through their passions.

Maltina does not neccessarily have to donate to charity. I'm sure they do that already in some form or the other.

However, the judges are sooooooooo partial. I guess everybody knows that . Watched about 2/3 episodes and i couldnt help but notice that once they favored a particular person, it was hard to let go.Favouritism?? no matter what any other person did.

And WHO are the judges?? Never seen or heard of 'em b4 now. guess a judge should be a 'pro' of some sort. innit?

Think the presenter is okay, sha!
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by toks81(f): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ebin
Ebin i clicked on the url in your reply.I have signed up so what happens from then on send me your e mail so we can disscuss properly or a number.Thanks.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by itismd(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2007
[size=18pt]CRITICS!!!! CRITICS!!! .that's a good sign of development, Naija is moving.[/size]
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by chizz: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2007
i also feel that the judges are bein very partial. d essence of family members dancing is 2 bail their representatives. then how come Ibi gets to be bailed out by his family, when the other families danced much better than his?
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by Ijay07: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2007
@itismd
We are not criticizing for criticism sake. We just want the judges to be more OBJECTIVE in their deductions. In my opinion, that's the way forward for naija.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by kareema: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2007
i agree totally with the fact that d judges r indeed really partial.i got really mad after watchin d pantomime.the ella family ought to av stayed.the boy dat did d pantomime ought to av stayed.his performance was excellent nd really phenomenal.imagine d family was evicted after all d praises.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by honeyzz(f): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
really that programme is one of the most biased shows i have ever watched.the guy who was saved yesterday is the stiffest person i have ever watched dance coupled with the fact that his family had the worst perfomance .i thot i was the only one who couldnt comprehend the fact that all the dances are so stiff cha cha who the hell dances cha cha are we now argentines where is bata and all the really luvly and interestin dances we have in naija?for chrisakes we have 250 ethnic groups why do we have to go to latin america

and as for the judges i think they dont know what they are talkin about half of the time and id really like to go through their criteria for eviction.all in all yesterday was the last show for me.am neva goin to watch that crap again.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by seun001(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2007
hmmm,
by now, i think u peeps shoulda known Muyiwa knows wot he's talking about.don't u guys see how he analyses each performance.

some peeps are saying it aint captivating;then y do u keep tuning in hmmm!somebody actually gave up newsline to watch it.so thats not captivating enough hmmm.

the concept is fantastic because u can't guess when last some families have actually come togeda to do something with a common target.very funny too,all the families are fantastic because they didnt want to be the one to evict their siblings.

some peeps are also saying they never heard of the judges before,hmmm how many of you have heard of salsa before or even followed it like an hobby.plsssssssss

the organisers definately know what they are doing by using those judges.

the presenter is ok,i see notin wrong with her,she does not have to perform the dance because she's just a presenter but at the end sha mayb she should try a few steps just to make us lafff abiiiii!

that Ibi guy must be evicted at all cost even if it means changing the rules because he's sooooooooo stiff but for his younger brother, he 4 don commot since.and he's taking a better person's chance.i think one of the judges is interested in him.

finally,i will agree with the majority ere that the judges are kind of biased as if they already have somebody in mind,because how can somebody as stiff as stockfish survive evictions abegiii,make them do something.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by floxyrangy: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2007
in my opinion, they should have used indigenious dances. Those in Latin America will not dance a Nigerian native dance in their shows. Let us stop copying others and promote our stuff.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by fyneguy: 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2007
You guys are being sentimental! May be what you should have criticized is the idea of using the family members to save the eviction nominees. Thats why it's a game. if your family members can save u, the preferred may lose. when you are saved by your family members, you love them the more, even after the programme. I think Maltina deserves commendation.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by bolutito(f): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2007
i cant believe halle was evicted, i cldnt tune in last nyt but i rily hoped halle wld stay. martins is still der? he scaled thru again even wit his stiff waist- talk abt the power of prayer, or jazz! the presenter is frank's- who wants to be a millionaire?- wife. i didnt like the fact dat universe was evicted cos his broda did a wonderful job. i guess they av their criteria & they r usually faced wit so many wonderful dancers; i rily dont want to be in their shoes ryt now. maybe they wanted to see wat nigerians had in them- almost any1 can dance fuji but salsa, pantomine, cha cha? i'd neva even heard of cha cha before- moreover, how many nigerian dances are for pairs or couples?
the audience will get their chance to make their choice in the final stage- pick ur fav out of 3.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by blaknite1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
N.B.

Please I think at this point in time, y'all should realize that most reality shows on TV nowadays are crap full of obscene and illicit acts. If at a time like this we have a show coming through like Maltina Dance All, we should all appreciate it. If its just for the promotion of family intimacy and unity which is the basis of any sane society, its worth the effort. I am dismayed at those who are dicrediting this laudable programme because its a departure from the usual ones where they just gather some hapless youths and encourage them to perpetrate all the illicit things we naturally should frown at.
Maltina, I salute you though I must say the judges make some arguable decisions sometimes even though they are professionals. Well let me just say by my rating, you guys share the No1 spot with the BankPHB intern show that actually offers a positive impact on the participants and viewers as well.
I like everybody involved in the stuff; the presenter, the judges, the trainers, the designers and of course the families.
Thumbs up!
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by centuar: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2007
I think the whole salsa stuff is ok perhaps they are trying to blend all forms of dancing to pick out an overalll versatile dancer.
My problem with the show is the judges, Its almost as if they are afraid of commenting on the families' dances espesciallly the parents.At times its almost as if they are drooling over a particular parent's not so impresssive dance.No constructive criticism at all.And yes I think Kaffy should hav been one of the judges-The Muyiwa guy is so 'theatre Artish' He almost makes me sleep!
 The presenter-- welll She just adds to making it all so boring, !
  Didnt watch today's own but I like Chukwuma Onye and Shayo
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by krisbobo(m): 1:14am On Sep 18, 2007
@seun 001, centaur,blacnite1

and all those who have given constructive criticism, big ups for u all. that the way to go, thats the spirit. I cannot for the life of me understand all those who would make blanket statements based on loose facts. this is a show that's going to last another one week, yet ppl are so sure that Nigerian dances wouldn't feature. Haven't you ppl heard of saving the best for last?

And so what if the judges are unknown? who said they have to be known to know their stuff? have you guys bothered to read their profiles on the maltina danceall site? some even said that 2 of them were too young! Abeg, must they be mettuselah to be knowledgeable? if to say na oyinbo now dem no go talk say e too young o!

Who said the presenter was boring? must she be bubbly to be interesting? i admit that she may be a little conservative ( she's from NTA!!) but remember its a family show and the organisers will naturally look for someone who'll be present a slightly more mature persona than a bubbly character jumping up and down.

And did I hear that Kaffy should have been a judge?? Good God! isn't it obvious that Kaffy is branded by Nokia and cannot associate with a different brand? I mean that is not rocket science is it? Besides, apart from Hip hop, what other dances have you seen Kaffy do? so, what qualifies her as a judge?

Obviously, the show has not been perfect, but what show is? there's room for improvement and we should point the organisers towards that.

I will not be one to call for censorship. freedom of speech is a right and must be respected. but let us all remember; you can only have the moral justification to condemn only after you have praised.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by suze(f): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2007
krisbobo:

@seun 001, centaur,blacnite1

and all those who have given constructive criticism, big ups for u all. that the way to go, thats the spirit. I cannot for the life of me understand all those who would make blanket statements based on loose facts. this is a show that's going to last another one week, yet people are so sure that Nigerian dances wouldn't feature. Haven't you people heard of saving the best for last?

And so what if the judges are unknown? who said they have to be known to know their stuff? have you guys bothered to read their profiles on the maltina danceall site? some even said that 2 of them were too young! Abeg, must they be mettuselah to be knowledgeable? if to say na oyinbo now them no go talk say e too young o!

Who said the presenter was boring? must she be bubbly to be interesting? i admit that she may be a little conservative ( she's from NTA!!) but remember its a family show and the organisers will naturally look for someone who'll be present a slightly more mature persona than a bubbly character jumping up and down.

And did I hear that Kaffy should have been a judge?? Good God! isn't it obvious that Kaffy is branded by Nokia and cannot associate with a different brand? I mean that is not rocket science is it? Besides, apart from Hip hop, what other dances have you seen Kaffy do? so, what qualifies her as a judge?

Obviously, the show has not been perfect, but what show is? there's room for improvement and we should point the organisers towards that.

I will not be one to call for censorship. freedom of speech is a right and must be respected. but let us all remember; you can only have the moral justification to condemn only after you have praised.

@krisbobo,Pls always be sure of your facts before posting
Firstly, Kaffy is not branded by nokia she only won the guiness book of records title that nokia sponsored. Besides there's another reality show coming up very soon in which she is going to be one of the judges in the dance section.And its not sponsored by nokia.

And again, kaffy doesnt dance hiphop alone, she is also a very good salsa dancer she also dances fuji and sikulu(south-african dance ) very well.

I wonder if nigerian a nigerian dance will still feature.Well lets wait and see o. So far they've danced salsa, chacha, pantomine and now they are dancing the abstract dance.For goodness sake ,the show is ending in 4 days time!

The presenter is from NTA and so what. There's no rule that says NTA people cant be bubbly. Is Marian Arthur Anazodo not also from NTA.Katherine Edoho and Marian Anazodo are mates so its not about maturity or something.Katherine is definitely a good presenter but deinitely not for a dance show.To me they should have used a presenter like Kaffy or someone like Isis or even someone like Kenny Ogungbe or someone like Barsorge Tariah. He's an MC, comedian and he has also won a national dance competition before.

And its not about the judges being knnown or not. But about them doing a good job.Their jugment is whack!!!!!
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by waxyweller: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2007
I see
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by uchetobi(f): 11:58am On Sep 18, 2007
i think Katherine is doing a good jib
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by Ndi(f): 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2007
I saw this thread yesterday but i was still annoyed to contribute after what happened on Sunday Night.

HALLE EVICTED!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Saying i was really shocked is an understatement. My goodness Martins-Ibi family won? Men i was really disgusted, What the hell did the mother dance, or was it the near bathroom slippers she wore and was doing a particular dance step??

Halle's mum raised the roof, helloooooooooooooo Maltina whatz up? You guys really disappointed me, turning a very good show to a thing of disgruntlement sad

I do not blame the judges because, maltina reserves the right to keep whoever they want, if you had seen their faces on Sunday, you would know what i mean, the result passed was not what they wanted to present cos they have been told before hand that Ibi's family must stay! You can also see how Dayo (One of the judges annonced the result with his face downcast).

Maltina did not anticipate the superlative performance by the Halle Urmodu's family.

I was thinking it was going to be between Deborah's family and Halle's cos Deborah' family performed fairly well, if they had done the "OJORO" for Deborah, it would be fair but for that stick body Martins noooooooooooo!!!!!
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by remmytemmy: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2007
The judges are really something else angry. has Luis' family bribed the jujdges cos he seems to be getting away with things we all know that his stiff. If tessy, shayo or chukwuma should get evicted today then there must be something really wrong with the judges cos left to me those 3 are the best dancers undecided
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by Modups1(f): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2007
i was equally stunned at the last decision for dat stiff dancer to stay
wat were d judges thinking
halle & debby did much better

as 4 dat muyiwa guy, he cannot even make his points clear & he goes on & on

dont even know wat d judges want from d dancers
thier judgements are way off most times
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by krisbobo(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ Suze

I never said Kaffy cannot do other dances. Don't confuse issues. I simply said that has any of the ppl asking that she should have been one of the judges seen Kaffy do any other dance and on what fact are they basing their call?

To me they should have used a presenter like Kaffy or someone like Isis or even someone like Kenny Ogungbe or someone like Barsorge Tariah.

Ha ha, plz don't make me laff grin grin grin KENNY OGUNGBE!!! he hasn't even successfully presented Primtime. And Kaffy a presenter? Ok o. I no go talk anything. No be my mouth dem go hear say teacher mama die!
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by centuar: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2007
I still maintain that I don't think Kathrine makes the show bubbly.So what if she presents for NTA Am Express?Some people do better when they are paired with Others.
Kaffy is good and would have made a good judge ,She's quite open.Today's show was ok Sha.Though I can help but wonder if maybe the judges aren't too fond Of Martins and his family-I just hope that when maltina decides to do this again they'll learn from their mistakes.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by suze(f): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2007
@ krisbobo
Based on your statement
"apart from Hip hop, what other dances have you seen Kaffy do? so, what qualifies her as a judge?"
I guess you thought kaffy could only dance hiphop. But as I said earlier Kaffy does other dances apart from hiphop. She even owns a dancing school and its not only hiphop thay teach there.

krisbobo:

@ Suze

I never said Kaffy cannot do other dances. Don't confuse issues. I simply said that has any of the people asking that she should have been one of the judges seen Kaffy do any other dance and on what fact are they basing their call?

To me they should have used a presenter like Kaffy or someone like Isis or even someone like Kenny Ogungbe or someone like Barsorge Tariah.

And Kaffy a presenter? Ok o. I no go talk anything. No be my mouth them go hear say teacher mama die!

Whats wrong in Kaffy being a presenter. Do you know that Kaffy is a university graduate. And apart from that have you heard her speak. Kaffy speaks good and clean english,she has a lively and bubbly personalty , she's talented as a dancer, she runs a dancing school. To me shes a very good choice for a presenter or even a judge.

I do my research before I yarn o. For me to say Kaffy would have been a good choice. I had done my findings about her.
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by Adedigold(f): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2007
Who won the dance afterall
Re: Maltina Dance Hall by uchetobi(f): 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
the show is still on going,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Hip-hop/Rap Verses Of All Time / Check out this new hot single 'Hustle O' by a Nairalander / Iceprince Ft. Wizkid - Komotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.