Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. (453 Views)

'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi / Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku & Peter Obi For President 2023 / POLITICS2019: We Didn’t Step Down For Buhari – APC Presidential Aspirants Blow H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by dododawa1: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
SEARCH
Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria
POLITICSPresidential election: ‘Why I didn’t step down, work with Atiku’ – Peter ObiPublished on November 6, 2023By John Owen Nwachukwu

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in the last election, Peter Obi, has revealed why he refused to step down for his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, counterpart, Atiku Abubakar.

Recall that Obi was the running mate to Atiku in the 2019 presidential election when both men ran on the platform of the PDP.

But due to some internal crisis in the PDP, Obi, who was expected to run with Atiku again in 2023, left the party and joined the LP. He contested the presidential poll on the platform of the LP, winning in 12 states of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

Obi addressed the press on Monday, about two weeks after the judgement of the Supreme Court that upheld the victory of President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 general election.

Obi said he refused to step down or work with Atiku because he came out to campaign for a new Nigeria, unlike other presidential candidates.

He said, “We don’t regret anything we did. We came out on a campaign for new Nigeria which no other person did.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by Felimax(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
Thank God Tinubu won. This one would have been worst.

Truly there are different ways to win an election. Tinubu may be the least popular but best strategic.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by LeoDekings: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
It had become a past

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by dododawa1: 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
You’re travelling on dangerous path – Asari Dokubo slams Tinubu over ‘lopsided-appointments’
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by MillitaryWindow: 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
Very greedy and focus less politician

Because of you nigera has a bulaba balu

Nigerians are paying the price for your greediness

Politicians that bears Obi as their names should withdraw from politics.

There is no difference between Obi and Bubu.

Quote me harshly and I will drag your papa like Tiger Generator
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by MS2471: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2023
cool

Everytime press conference

This Agulu man just want attention

Soludo should hire him as special assistant on new media

Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by tinsel: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2023
Peter Obi, go and rest. Nobody is interested in your matter again.
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by kokoA(m): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2023
What if... Just what if Obi/Datti actually worked for Tinubu? I know this might sound stupid but only deep thinkers would understand. We all know the election was between Tinubu and Atiku (PDP and APC), Tinubu knew there was no way on earth APC was gonna win after the disastrous performance of Buhari's government, the only way out was to cause disunity in PDP and that was easy knowing PDP was going to hand over her ticket to another northerner, so take out the "money bag" of PDP in the person of Wike and of course the most popular guy who happens to be "Obi". Today, Wike is FCT minister with full control of FCT funds, Datti's boy is minister of Education, Obi's businesses will to pumped somehow with government money while Atiku will be retired completely and everybody is happy. grin
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by GanagiBitrus: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2023
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by Godfullsam(m): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
dododawa1:
You’re travelling on dangerous path – Asari Dokubo slams Tinubu over ‘lopsided-appointments’

What is Obi's business in it
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by Godfullsam(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
Obi did what he thought was right, but he was wrong.
Re: Presidential Election: ‘why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi. by yarimo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
You though INEC has polling units in social media and you will win the election before 1pm on election day grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Out Of Anger Seeks Refund Of N250,000 Shared Per Polling Unit ‘for V / BREAKING NEWS! NIMC To Clear Debts Owed Contractors – After Revalidation / Rivers: Supreme Court Dismisses Apm’s Appeal, Reserves Judgment On Apc’s Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.