Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,140 members, 7,907,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:06 AM

Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds - Technology Market (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds (20258 Views)

Lithium Ion Solar Batteries / I Make Lithium Ion Batteries For Solar And Inverter Systems / Get Lithium Ion Battery Packs For Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06
ksmart027:

My guess is because his inverter is 12v
yeah.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 6:36am On Jul 07
Penuelseun:
Yes, you just have to set your buck converter output voltage to around 12.7v, using a pwm charge controller that can go as low as 12.6v is still your best option, any of these controllers supports 3s lithium charging
Thanks so much everyone. I hooked up a buck converter to my cc, and since then, my battery has been perfectly charging well. Never charging above 12.6v.
I really appreciate everyone. Thanks for all your inputs 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 6:40am On Jul 07
dollarnaira:

Yes!
12.6v is the full charge voltage. It will stop charging at this voltage. Didn't look at your diagram well before I pushed in my thoughts.

Buck 5a
Cc 20a

Do the Math
Thanks boss. The buck converter module works so well. I went for a buck converter above 5a. I will consider a better pmw or even mppt when I'm upgrading to a bigger set-up. Thanks boss. I appreciate everyone.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 6:50am On Jul 07
AdexAyanfe:
Thanks boss. The buck converter module works so well. I went for a buck converter above 5a. I will consider a better pmw or even mppt when I upgrading it to bigger set-up. Thanks boss. I appreciate everyone.

Ywc
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 6:51am On Jul 07
showafrica:
Interesting thread... We shall get there. I think Bulk converter can replace charge controller.
Really?
I'm presently using this 9a buck converter. So you mean it's safe to connect it directly to the battery, bypassing charge controller completely?? And will it function quite well?? 🤔

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 7:23am On Jul 07
AdexAyanfe:
Thanks so much everyone. I hooked up a buck converter to my cc, and since then, my battery has been perfectly charging well. Never charging above 12.6v.
I really appreciate everyone. Thanks for all your inputs 🙏
You are welcome
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:31am On Jul 07
AdexAyanfe:
Thanks boss. The buck converter module works so well. I went for a buck converter above 5a. I will consider a better pmw or even mppt when I'm upgrading to a bigger set-up. Thanks boss. I appreciate everyone.
Do you discharge from your BMS or directly from your battery?

I have this set of batteries I assembled and I have been wondering which is best

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 10:06am On Jul 07
Obnoxious2001:

I have this set of batteries I assembled and I have been wondering which is best

If your cc wont charge above 12.6v and your inverter wont discharge below 9v, the the bms is not needed. Lithium ion can hardly be discharged below 3v by most inverters. A lower wattage inverter could discharge below 3v though but not less than 2.75v for Samsung. The most important component is an ACTIVE BALANCER. However, with a proper balance of cells you can escape it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 12:59pm On Jul 07
Obnoxious2001:

I discharge through bms (recommended)...to safeguard your battery in the process of discharge and for balanced charging of each cell as well. Direct discharge isn't safe especially when dealing with battery pack. Well, more information will come in on this.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by zenith4biz(m): 5:37pm On Jul 07
dollarnaira:

If your cc wont charge above 12.6v and your inverter wont discharge below 9v, the the bms is not needed. Lithium ion can hardly be discharged below 3v by most inverters. A lower wattage inverter could discharge below 3v though but not less than 2.75v for Samsung. The most important component is an ACTIVE BALANCER. However, with a proper balance of cells you can escape it.

From my personal experience, you can get away with bms if you're using 3s, 6s 9s and so on but if you are using 4s, 5s, 7s and such without bms, you you mistakenly draw large current, one parallel will just die
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 12:22pm On Jul 08
zenith4biz:

From my personal experience, you can get away with bms if you're using 3s, 6s 9s and so on but if you are using 4s, 5s, 7s and such without bms, you you mistakenly draw large current, one parallel will just die

For 3s only
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 12:29pm On Jul 08
Someone asked if we can charge 12v li-ion battery bank directly through buck converter, bypassing solar charge controller .
I'm presently using this 9a buck converter. So please I'll like to know if it's safe to connect it directly to the battery, bypassing charge controller completely?? And will it function quite well?? 🤔

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 12:32pm On Jul 08
Please who knows where I can get either of these modules? @dollarnaira @Valto @penuelseun

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by olaztek(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08
AdexAyanfe:
Someone asked if we can charge 12v li-ion battery bank directly through buck converter, bypassing solar charge controller .
I'm presently using this 9a buck converter. So please I'll like to know if it's safe to connect it directly to the battery, bypassing charge controller completely?? And will it function quite well?? 🤔
The buck converter is designed to supply constant voltage / constant current and it's good for charging Lithium battery.

Before connecting the battery, set the output voltage to 12.7v with the help of a multimeter/voltage meter, Then connect the battery, the green light will immediately change to blue light to indicate charging.

Once the battery reaches 12.7v, the green light will turn on to indicate full charge. The buck converter Will not overcharge the battery beyond the set voltage.

And one advantage of the buck converter over pwm cc is that it can be connected to any number of solar power rating be it 100w, 500w or 1000w and it won't burn out because it has a current limiting function ( you should know how to set the charging current within the buck converter limit - 8amp)

3 Likes

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 10:02am On Jul 09
Obnoxious2001:

This bms discharge to 2.5v each
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 6:24pm On Jul 09
Greetings @ penuelseun, how did you build a charger for your 24v 7s lithium ion battery?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09
tetralogyfallot:
chat me o whatsapp bro 08034694579
280 cells received.

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 9:18pm On Jul 09
officialfestus:
Greetings @ penuelseun, how did you build a charger for your 24v 7s lithium ion battery?
I didn't build an external charger, I used solar panels to charge it connected to a 24v tbb inverter. You can source for 24v adjustable chargers online

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 9:45pm On Jul 09
Penuelseun:
I didn't build an external charger, I used solar panels to charge it connected to a 24v tbb inverter. You can source for 24v adjustable chargers online
Alright, but please what's a tbb inverter?
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 11:29pm On Jul 09
officialfestus:
Alright, but please what's a tbb inverter?
Just a brand of inverter, this was my setup then

1 Like

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by showafrica(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09
AdexAyanfe:

Really?
I'm presently using this 9a buck converter. So you mean it's safe to connect it directly to the battery, bypassing charge controller completely?? And will it function quite well?? 🤔

If you have 24v panel setup.. Just step it down to 29.4v the bms will handle the rest
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by officialfestus(m): 6:01am On Jul 10
Penuelseun:
Just a brand of inverter, this was my setup then
nice.
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 10:28am On Jul 10
showafrica:

If you have 24v panel setup.. Just step it down to 29.4v the bms will handle the rest
Okay boss. Understood. Thanks
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 10:31am On Jul 10
AdexAyanfe:
Please who knows where I can get either of these modules? @dollarnaira @Valto @penuelseun
Anybody??
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Valto(m): 10:49am On Jul 10
AdexAyanfe:
@aliexpress, though i think i have 2pcs of the first one in the picture
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 10:54am On Jul 10
Valto:
@aliexpress, though i think i have 2pcs of the first one in the picture
Yeah boss, I saw it on aliexpress. But the present challenge is making payment on aliexpress. I'll chat you up boss. Thanks
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 7:15pm On Jul 11
Please guys, I need either of these usb dc module, who fit help me get abeg. I don find am for Ilorin tired 😫.

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 7:22pm On Jul 11
AdexAyanfe:
Please guys, I need either of these usb dc module, who fit help me get abeg. I don find am for Ilorin tired 😫.

Chat me up
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by AdexAyanfe: 7:32pm On Jul 11
dollarnaira:

Chat me up
Alright boss
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11
AdexAyanfe:
Here

Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by Penuelseun(m): 8:52pm On Jul 11
You can get them all on konga
Re: Diy Lithium Ion Like-minds by dollarnaira: 10:44pm On Jul 11
Penuelseun:
You can get them all on konga

Na their killing price be the problem.
No shipping yet o.
Reason I had to get a dollar virtual card to order via AE. Go through this route @AdexAyanfe if time is not an issue. Otherwise this cost N5230 via AE in 2weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

I Buy All Gift Cards And Bitcoin At The Best Rate / Earn Regular Daily Income With Roosca! |#Techs Drive| / How To Browse Using MTN BIS On Laptop/desktop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.