Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,615 members, 7,888,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? (8715 Views)

Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) / What Gaddafi's Death Means To Africa! / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Sunofgod(m): 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
Barack Obama has described Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's death as a strong message to dictators around the world.

Speaking on NBC's The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, the US President said the former Libyan leader had missed his chance to bring democracy to his country.

"This is somebody who, for 40 years, has terrorised his country and supported terrorism," he said.

"He had an opportunity during the Arab Spring to finally let loose of his grip on power and to peacefully transition into democracy.

"We gave him ample opportunity, and he wouldn't do it," he added.

There has been an international call for an investigation into Col Gaddafi's death after he appeared to be heavily beaten by his captors and then shot in the head.

Graphic footage of him before and after he died has been viewed around the world.

"Obviously, you never like to see anybody come to the kind of end that he did, but I think it obviously sends a strong message around the world to dictators that ,  people long to be free," Mr Obama added.

The President is in the middle of a visit to western states including Nevada, California and Colorado, where he has mixed White House business with events for his 2012 re-election campaign.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16096199
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
Is GEJ a dictator? If Buhari had won, then yes, it would have been a warning to Buhari.
GEJ has said that he is is no lion or tiger or pharaoh or goliath. So it's not for GEJ, please.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Sunofgod(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2011

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Sunofgod(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2011
Seun:

Is GEJ a dictator?  If Buhari had won, then yes, it would have been a warning to Buhari.
GEJ has said that he is is no lion or tiger or pharaoh or goliath. So it's not for GEJ, please.

. . . . .Relax (topic amended)

Dictator or not these bas.tards have sent out a message that if you dont play ball with them they'll kill you.

It would seem the people are on the verge of turning against GEJ - and the yanks may use that as another opportunity to flex their muscles in a land that is not their own.

The execution of Gaddafi got a lot of air time for a reason - its a form of 'psychological operation' on the masses and on heads of state.

The 'West' / Yanks dont do trials anymore - they'll just kill you and thats that.

Civil urest is now a certainty to happen in Nigeria - the question is, will GEJ be executed when the 'shi.t' hits the fan?
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Demdem(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
Seun:

Is GEJ a dictator? If Buhari had won, then yes, it would have been a warning to Buhari.

what is this coming out from seun? na wa oooo
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by zolzlolz(f): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
Sun of god:

The 'West' / Yanks dont do trials anymore - they'll just kill you and thats that

I agree. What happened to a fair trial, Obama? First Osama now Gaddafi. I don't like either of them, but I also don't like LYNCHING!!!! What is going to happen to Obama's peace prize.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Horus(m): 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGKajgQhZnQ[/flash]

Barack Obama, The Political Beast
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Amhatu(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2011
Gaddafi was bought down by associating with his enemy.

America trys to get involved and hijack other peoples revolutions for resources and most times the attempt fails. America is finished!

The current fool in the USA Whitehouse is nothing more than leftovers handed over by the former American Administration and a laugh at people whom call themselves black people in America. (Such foolish so called Black people in America.) After years of USA Government Agencies putting Drugs in their community, injected them with aids now many of the same people live on the streets in America or other deplorable conditions.

It is easy to see the Current fool in the American White house is no friend to Africa because The Embargo on Cuba is still in place .

Cuba like China has stood out in the forefront to help Africa.

1 Like

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
Mr BARRACK OBOMBER i think u should also be refering to juan carlos who has been ruling spain since in 1975 & also hypocriticaly participated in Natos bombing of Libya, a country far better than his' economicaly
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by zolzlolz(f): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
lakhadimar:

Mr BARRACK OBOMBER
oh man I nearly died grin
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by BlackLibya: 12:12am On Oct 27, 2011

Poor Mr. Ghaddafi, he was so proud of Obama. sad

Saif Offers Elections to end crisis
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/06/201161613564341905.html

Rebels reject elections to end crisis.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/06/201161621397118437.html
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
lakhadimar:

Mr BARRACK OBOMBER i think u should also be refering to juan carlos who has been ruling spain since in 1975 & also hypocriticaly participated in Natos bombing of Libya, a country far better than his' economicaly
Americans should see this newly coined name for their President, grin
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by mallorca(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
Silly Obama
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by prettyboi1(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2011
bleep Obama. bleep the united states. bleep all of the so called "western world" for all of their atrocities & quest for "global dominance."  Does Obama think he's president of the world? as a matter of fact the people who've been calling him the anti-christ may not even be wrong. someone said he(i.e.the person that was talking to me) went 4a forum & some white dude said to him "you powerful Africans want to take power from us &starve us & our children right?" u.s. haven't realized how much enemies they're making already & that's gonna accelerate their downfall even more.they purposely chose to kill Gaddafi &used his people against him. simple! God Bless our dear Nigeria, God Bless our motherland Africa. Amen.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by chakula: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2011
lakhadimar:

For the bolded I am not sure could someone help me out?
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
OBOMBER with his eyes like that of a Rabbit. His time will come. It is just a matter of time.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by ochizo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2011
Like I've always said, It time Africa and Africans realize the truth. We shouldn't be blindfolded by these useless Western Govts.

Ghadafi wasnt a perfect leader but he never failed to protect his country from western influence.  

BARRACK OBOMBER continue with the bombing and killings along with your others. See whats happening to your economy still you decide to create more enemies.

God dey see all of una n all of una punishment dey come.

God protect us all,

1 Like

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
Brother Leader Gaddafi was so proud of Obama.  He called him "Our son".  OBOMBER is a sell out. He will never have rest and will forever regret this.

The chicken will come home to roost. It is just a matter of time.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by prettyboi1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
chakula:

For the bolded I am not sure could someone help me out?

Yeah Juan Carlos is the king of spain. he's been ruling since 1975.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by hbrednic: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
what happened to the black people of tawerga libya? wiped out.
good governace is better than bad democracy.;
please mr oboma give peace a chance.
the world is tired of your bombs

1 Like

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by oneking(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
OBAMA is just a stooge of the whites, he is been used to perpetrate the hateful race war which stills lucks in the bowells of racist America. They will use and dump him in the end. Afterall, our people said "If you want to steal, make sure you use the Monkey's hand to avoid being caught !"

1 Like

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
@chakula. I am absolutely right. Juan carlos has been the head of state in spain since 1975 after the death of Generalissimo franco. But mr BARRACK OBOMBER is not calling him a tyrant because spain is a member of the greedy Nato demons that bombed Libya back to stone age with the help of the alqaeda rebel vampires from bhengazi
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by kodewrita(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
lakhadimar:

@chakula. I am absolutely right. Juan carlos has been the head of state in spain since 1975 after the death of Generalissimo franco. But mr BARRACK OBOMBER is not calling him a tyrant because spain is a member of the greedy Nato demons that bombed Libya back to stone age with the help of the alqaeda rebel vampires from bhengazi
Calm down and grab an encyclopedia or your wikipedia, Juan carlos is a ceremonial head just like almost all the european monarchs. Power rests entirely in the hands of the spanish parliament and this is even subordinate in many cases to the larger european bodies.

Obviously you were fed that little tidbit and like a faithful baa-baa sheep, you chose not to find out for yourself.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
Seun:

dude go easy on the gej kool aid - if buhari had won, it would have been through an election - which automatically invalidates your claim, moreso when the man is not a sit tight ruler, unlike gej who is cunningly trying to introduce a six year term, and who has people like omar bongo and whatshisface of uganda as his role models .
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by iykak47: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
Nato would have thought twice before invading Libya if Gaddafi had NUCLEAR WEAPONS, because thats two words the west hate to hear.At least to inflict some pains to them before dying, which would had been made to see what the innocent Libyans were going through all in the name of ''protecting civilians'' ,
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Ayanfe22: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
I hate to post on NL.

1 Like

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by iykak47: 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
I can now understand why Kim Jong il of North Korea doesnt listen to them whenever they come up with the so called disarmament programme.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
@kodewrita. Juan carlos is the HEAD OF STATE of spain he is the HEAD OF THE SPANISH parliament he is the COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the spanish armed forces. Does that sound to u like a ceremonial functoin. Okay we might want to argue that qadaffi was also a ceremonial head since Libya had a prime minister
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by umarabu(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
NO ANY MESSAGE THAT NEED TO BE UNDERSTOOD BY SOME LEADERS OF THE WORLD
The death of former president of Libya Col. Mu'ammar Gaddafi is nothing considering how he was killed and destroyed. but it will be a message to the killers of Gaddafi that what ever so long they live one day they will reach the their end.
Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by Builder: 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
LOL, Obama is a sell-out and a war criminal no wonder his father ignored the rat. I cant believe he said this about Gadaffi, but he decided to ignored the rats in saudi arabia and other useless punks in the arab world. in june this rat met with  Ali Bongo of Gabon, ‘Omar Bongo and now his son Ali Bongo have for more than 40 years run a regime in Gabon which diverts their country's wealth for their family's personal use’ and he thinks this is democracy!!!!

How dare obama !!!!. refering to gadaffi that rat obama further said "We gave him ample opportunity, and he wouldn't do it,", how does he mean he was given ample opportunity, oh, i guess by indiscriminate bombing and killing innocent libyans and destroying the infrastructures and amenities it took years if not decades to build, its clear this rat needs a reality check.

This rat is busy banging on about democracy, does he thinks his people are democratised, with the suffering confusion and povery they are going thru. obama in my view is worst than goerge bush many times and over, this rat- face won the noble peace prize on basis of peace he bought to the world, yeah right. This evil man talks the talk and when it was time to walk the walk he turned cripple, before his presidency he was seen to be an anti war man, but he is the master of war and deception, pre-election he was all for palestine having their statehood, when he got there he changed mind , he keeps talking about the arab spring but for palestine he left them in the cold, yes, arab winter. what a plonker and two face rat the ignoramus is. I am surely ashamed to have supported this id.iot.

Sad to see a picture of him and gadaffi shaking hands and exchanging  smiles and pleasantries. im sure the conversation btw them would be " how are you and hope you family are doing fine" but gadaffi never knew this same man wld orchestrate the wipe out of his family. May obama family never know peace and be wiped out by a suicide bomber the way way he and his NATO alliance wipe out the libyan citizens

2 Likes

Re: Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening? by room702(m): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2011
sad I'm disappointed in Obama. i didn't even know he was involved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv) / Breaking News: Gaddafi Supporters Seized Control Of Bani Walid / ECOWAS Military Leaders To Discuss Niger Coup At Ghana Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.