Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,045 members, 7,949,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers (32361 Views)

‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs / Apapa’s Camp Asked Court To Sack All LP Lawmakers-elect – Obi’s Faction Reveals / ‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
christejames:
How is this defending biko, our brown envelope journalists? undecided

He said the LP House members told him that the car is not for their personal use but for official use, meaning they will only be shortchanging themselves (LP) if they decide not to use it since the car is for each office...

That aside, just imagine if it's Obi that's the president, you think he will not convince the house members to go for a cheaper version of those cars, instead of this overpriced ones Tinubu has used to welcome them into his malfeasance? undecided

Obi is a double minded and very surreptitious fellow.

Obidients where una dey? We told you Obi doesn't have a mind of his own.

What a weak defense.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Roboto11: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
obailala:
The president is still the one who approves the budget of the NASS (you guys arent half as smart as you think you are). OBI when he was governor blocked the Anambra HOA several times from making similar frivolous expenses; reason why the rogues tried to impeach him twice for preventing them from sharing money.

If you really think a serious minded and focused president cannot prevent the NASS from engaging in their usual cash bazaar, then the joke is clearly on you.

Feel free to keep defending reckless extravagance all because you think you're punishing OBI and Obidients!

Thr president cannot veto the House, he can only do so for symbolic reasons but he would be overturned.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by delpee(f): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
Absolute nonsense. No one can force them to use an official vehicle. Besides, they can have a minority view to request for made in Nigeria SUVs. We would have hailed them as patriotic citizens. The support for LP was due to the expectation of a breath of fresh air. Apparently, there's no difference. All na de same. angry

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by obailala(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
Roboto11:

Thr president cannot veto the House, he can only do so for symbolic reasons but he would be overturned.
Rogue leaders have obviously twisted your understanding of the workings of government. The NASS are the ones that sign budgets and approve the release of funds right?

Perhaps when OBI did same in Anambra, he was actually a member of the House and not a governor right?
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Roboto11: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
obailala:
Rogue leaders have obviously twisted your understanding of the workings of government. The NASS are the ones that sign budgets and approve the release of funds right?

Sharap and accept the facts.

The president can withhold assent except in a perfunctory sense.

I'm sure if I look back to your past contributions on this forum, you must have boasted that Buhari would withhold his assent but he would be overruled by the House.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:
but sincerely speaking, if they rejected the cars, they will only be cheating themselves, especially when the proceeds will only be channelled back to the cess-pit of corruption, that's into their famous structure of criminality, where the masses will not benefit anything from.
Nigerians are not ready for genuine change, therefore they should enjoy themselves while the rottenness prevails.
lol. what have you benefited from the fuel subsidy removal, so far ?

What Obi LP is indirectly saying is that "If you cannot beat them, join them"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 is it not obvious that Obi LP is gbajue? Obidients should tell us what makes LP different from other parties. We've always known that people make noise bcoz they are outside the system but keep quiet when they are within the system. I maintain that Obi is not different. You condemn Tinubu buying official car but you support LP members #160m jeep. Come 2027 we shall play this video for him again. A double minded person cannot be my president.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by donbuchi1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yes you are kwaropt

Obiedun:
Obi himself is corrupt
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
Djele:
Lies, obi only said that if he was in power he wouldn't have approved it cos all the members have their own cars.

It means Obi doesn't have sense.

Is it Tinubu that approved the money for them?

Is it Obi that would have approved it for them?

Your Obi lacked understanding of governance and separation of powers at the Federal level. It's obvious Obi was controlling the funds of Anambra State House of Assembly then.

Obi nwane, this is Federal. There's separation of powers here. National Assembly have its own Allocation and it's under the control of Senate President and Speaker House of Reps.

So Obi, you're not in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by YesDaddy1: 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
obailala:
Una don win election already, why are you guys still obsessed with OBI? Is such behaviour normal?
That's true d elect has bn won and lost.
What is expected from obi, obidients and d LP/NLC is to play opposition.
But you complain of APC yet you can't take decisions that stands u out as d 'game-changer'.
So what's d difference BTW APC, PDP and LP biko?

OBI isn't a member of the NASS so he's not in any position to reject anything given to NASS members. He only stated his own part that if he were president, he wouldnt approve such insensitive and frivolous expense especially at a terrible time like this. You guys should feel free to keep supporting nonsense because you feel your punishing OBI and Obidients; keep defending the profligacy of the goverment while you and your family suffers the poverty. Hope you have hailed the purchase of presidential yatch today? Na OBI you dey punish!
''Obi is not a member of mass, but all d LP mass members rode on d wings of a 'PO-ssible' to hoodwink s gullibles to get to abuja.
Once again, what d difference BTW d LP NASS members and others if they kowtow every 'silly' policy they blame d ruling party of? Nothing!

Regarding IPOB, anybody robbing or kidnapping or molesting or murdering or terrorising people on the streets is a CRIMINAL, whether they are IPob or herdsmen or bandit or anything at all. OBI has since condemned all manner of criminality perpetrated by people under the guise of anything they claim, be it Ipob or whatever. If anyone doesnt have the brains to comprehend that, then that can't be OBI's fault. Also if you're waiting for OBI to pick a picture of Kanu and insult him before you realise that he has condemned the criminality, then you're wasting your time.
I will not dignify this lame excuse(s) bcus both obi and d average 'obidient' is either actively an ipob member, ipob enabler or an ipob sympathizer. So we don pass this level to dey argue about whether obidient' and Igbos are one
cool
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Heffalump(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
With the current mindset of Nigerians, both young and old, I dare to conclude that Nigeria is irredeemable! The worst will still happen even after the era of Tinubu. We just finish with Buhari, abi?
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
emkz:
He is not different from those he criticizes.

He had condemned the purchase of vehicles for the first lady and praised the purchase for LP reps because "it was for their work not personal this thing".

If we must condemn bad behaviour, we must condemn it comprehensively and not selectively. Peter Obi needs to mature to play national politics. He is too myopic and backward.

Even Rufai Oseni of Arise TV, his good friend, critizised Obi LP today for the first time.

Obi is gbajue.

I'm happy I voted against him bcoz I have always known that he was a pretentious fellow.

All these wearing of one black clothes, one wristwatch, and one shoes everyday is pretentious and doesn't make you a saint when money is involved.

It's good that Nigeria rejected him. I never saw him as a messiah.

If you like call Tinubu thief, I agree but don't call Obi a saint.

I would rather allow a thief to keep my money for me and if anything happens I will not be surprised.

It's better imagine than when you keep your money with a saint and the saint now summersaulted your money.

Obi should not have done that Press Conference but if you tell him he would not hear. Now, he just exposed himself as a pretender.

Obidients in my office are waiting for Aisha Yusuf to give Accounts of money spent o.

Tinubu till 2031.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
Cmeo:
Can anyone tell me someone representing a whole constituency rep should not have an official car??

Okay, your views has changed just to align with Obi LP?

If a Senator representing a Senatorial District is entitled to #160m car, Tinubu that is representing the entire 109 Senatorial Districts is invariably entitled to #17,440,000,000 worth of cars.

LP Obi is a party of hypocrites.

I'm happy I mobilized against him.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Cmeo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tareq1105:

Okay, your views has changed just to align with Obi LP?

If a Senator representing a Senatorial District is entitled to #160m car, Tinubu that is representing the entire 109 Senatorial Districts is invariably entitled to #17,440,000,000 worth of cars.

LP Obi is a party of hypocrites.

I'm happy I mobilized against him.

Don't get it wrong, I am not a fan of anyone. I am just an objective person who has his own view. Our national assembly members deserve an official car but procuring that vehicles at 160m naira each is another topic not necessarily concern the lawmakers only.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Allisgud: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
If it where obi,he wount allow 160m suv instead he will allow half of it,he will jokingly tell them how he drove 504 non bulletproof for 8 yrs without security issue,it is when u deprive the masses their food they will see u as food
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:
but sincerely speaking, if they rejected the cars, they will only be cheating themselves, especially when the proceeds will only be channelled back to the cess-pit of corruption, that's into their famous structure of criminality, where the masses will not benefit anything from.
Nigerians are not ready for genuine change, therefore they should enjoy themselves while the rottenness prevails.

It simply means obi will approve such spending if he had won the election.

Simple
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
christejames:

He said the LP House members told him that the car is not for their personal use but for official use, meaning they will only be shortchanging themselves (LP) if they decide not to use it since the car is for each office...

That aside, just imagine if it's Obi that's the president, you think he will not convince the house members to go for a cheaper version of those cars, instead of this overpriced ones Tinubu has used to welcome them into his malfeasance? undecided

You have tried convince hollow chambers for less cars, those guys will make things difficult for any president that deprived them expenses
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:

They should have collect the money buy lesser one and use the balance to pay pensioners in their states
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by obailala(m): 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
YesDaddy1:

That's true d elect has bn won and lost.
What is expected from obi, obidients and d LP/NLC is to play opposition.
But you complain of APC yet you can't take decisions that stands u out as d 'game-changer'.
So what's d difference BTW APC, PDP and LP biko?

''Obi is not a member of mass, but all d LP mass members rode on d wings of a 'PO-ssible' to hoodwink s gullibles to get to abuja.
Once again, what d difference BTW d LP NASS members and others if they kowtow every 'silly' policy they blame d ruling party of? Nothing!

I will not dignify this lame excuse(s) bcus both obi and d average 'obidient' is either actively an ipob member, ipob enabler or an ipob sympathizer. So we don pass this level to dey argue about whether obidient' and Igbos are one
cool
Please support your Tinubu in peace and leave OBI out of your mouth. Obi isnt a member of the govt and isnt a member of the NASS.... and whilst you're at it, you can do well to stop deluding yourself that OBI is in the same class as your typical Nigerian kleptocratic rogue politicians that you support. He is very different from the different from the shady characters you defend.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by obailala(m): 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Roboto11:

Sharap and accept the facts.

The president can withhold assent except in a perfunctory sense.

I'm sure if I look back to your past contributions on this forum, you must have boasted that Buhari would withhold his assent but he would be overruled by the House.
Keep deluding yourself wilfully all because you want to defend you kleptocratic oppressors.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by aspabay(m): 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
christejames:

What you put up here, does it make any sense to you.

Whoever thought it was a private vehicle must be mad We all know its official including vehicle for the President. But anything Obi says obidence must swallow it Clowns
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Josephkabila12: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mumu man
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by highchief1: 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
ajailer:
If truly LP is the change Nigeria needs then the right thing should be all LP lawmakers rejecting the SUV that will be given them, by doing this, we will know they are truly the game changers and they care for a betterment of the masses but if they do otherwise then LP Na lamba party.

That excuse Obi dey give na normal naija yahoo politician format. You dey condemn the presidency for wasteful spending, shey dem tell u say d cars wey dem budget for the presidency na their personal cars?

LP top to bottom
anyone that fell for their scam is supposed to die by hanging.I went straight for tinubu.the young man has never acted like a saint.hypocrisy does not work well with me.Obi is a thief.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by highchief1: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
Judolisco:
See no Nigerian politician is a saint... Especially if they've govern a state before in Nigeria...

Nothing wey u wan tell me, every one of them Don carry money before directly or indirectly...

many of them don't send their kids to government owned schs and they don't use government owned hospital, and to even make matters worst they go abroad for even toothache

D only place that's good for them is d government house....

So wether na obi, tinubu or Atiku... They're all brothers
ppl even chose Obi to Jesus.I Dey wonder how Nigerians Dey think.atiku is better than Obi.This mama performance in anambra was below normal.it’s just like tomroow Obaseki will say he wants to be president.And for his own state governors to be fighting him,that should have sent a strong signal to Nigerians but no.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by ajailer(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
highchief1:
anyone that fell for their scam is supposed to die by hanging.I went straight for tinubu.the young man has never acted like a saint.hypocrisy does not work well with me.Obi is a thief.

Na wise people talk am say the devil we know is better than the angel we don’t know.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by highchief1: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
ajailer:

Na wise people talk am say the devil we know is better than the angel we don’t know.
a man that came to contest as a fmr governor.elders from his clan started fighting him,soludo castigated him,Arthur Eze.if ur brothers don’t want u why should I want u.all the support kwankwaso got was from kano.a fmr gov that couldn’t have his fmr commissioners and assembly members in his campaign train.instead he assembled yahoo boys and hook up girls.why will I follow such a man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by pocom35: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
obailala:
The president is still the one who approves the budget of the NASS (you guys arent half as smart as you think you are). OBI when he was governor blocked the Anambra HOA several times from making similar frivolous expenses; reason why the rogues tried to impeach him twice for preventing them from sharing money.

If you really think a serious minded and focused president cannot prevent the NASS from engaging in their usual cash bazaar, then the joke is clearly on you.

Feel free to keep defending reckless extravagance all because you think you're punishing OBI and Obidients!

Lol..
True .
But have you thought of NASS also using their powers to prevent the FG as well from access to loans and foreign grants?

You think they can't use their powers to prevent some certain laws In favour of the FG..

The last thing any president can do is to be enemies with the senate..
The senate has the power to frustrate that entire administration..
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Basic123: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
aylive02:
. Tell your father to check.
He doesn't have time for a foolish son of a fool na lol 😆
.do the work yourself
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by Meti99(m): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
My own be say make dem colleect the cars, sell them, use the money for constituency projects.
Anything less than that, then they are all thieves
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by lawbabs: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
smileyoo:

So much for opposition politics. There are sacrifices that a genuine opposition party must make to be relevant and to put pressure on the ruling party.

Let me just tell you now, they are all the same. It is foolishness to think LP is the saviour of Nigeria. The question is all who won on LP platform, where they never in another party before? They all joined for from one party or another that didn't give them chance.
Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by YesDaddy1: 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hehehehehehe.......
'Saint obi' grin grin
obailala:
Please support your Tinubu in peace and leave OBI out of your mouth. Obi isnt a member of the govt and isnt a member of the NASS.... and whilst you're at it, you can do well to stop deluding yourself that OBI is in the same class as your typical Nigerian kleptocratic rogue politicians that you support. He is very different from the different from the shady characters you defend.

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by grandstar(m): 12:31am On Nov 09, 2023
christejames:

And you actually think those law makers would go for Innoson? Peter Obi was in a tight and that's why he gave the answer he did. #

There's a massive difference between what a president wants to do and what he can do.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers by REDshouse(m): 12:39am On Nov 09, 2023
smileyoo:
but at least it will be on record

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obaseki Dares Benin Palace, Insists On Group’s Ban / Nigerians In London Protest Over Tribal/Religious Killings In Plateau (Photos) / PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.