Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) (3245 Views)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory / You Are Not Spokesman Of Workers Over Salaries, Imo NLC TO PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has asserted that the upcoming November 11 governorship election in Imo State is not necessarily bound to proceed as scheduled.

Uchenna Ekwe, the NLC Head of International Relations, made this declaration during an interview on Channels TV on Wednesday. Ekwe emphasised that the Imo populace has been subjected to relentless violence, rendering the election ineffective.

He further stated that Imo workers have lost faith in the election’s ability to bring about any meaningful change.

Ekwe questioned, “Talking about the election, in Imo in particular, did the votes count? How did he (Hope Uzodinma) become governor? In Imo, is the place not terrorized?”

“Go to Imo I challenge you, you won’t see a poster of any other party, you can’t even see a tiny poster of any other party. Get feedback from your correspondents in Imo, ask them in the whole street on Owerri whether there is a poster of any other party,” he challenged.

Ekwe expressed scepticism regarding the prospect of a credible election, citing the disruption of an INEC meeting. He maintained that workers and the general populace have lost confidence in the election’s ability to yield positive outcomes.

“How can you say election is coming up, INEC meeting was disrupted, how can you hope that there will be any election, we don’t have faith, even the workers don’t have faith that the election will determine anything, that is the truth,” Ekwe asserted.

“We don’t believe election in Imo will produce anything because the Imo people have been crushed, violence have taken over the place. We are not telling them not to come out to vote but the people will be scared to come out,” he added.

Ekwe said the world would not crumble if the election did not take place as planned.

“Must there be election in Imo, will the world end? Will the world end if there is no election in Imo State? No, the world would not end, we are not disrupting election,” he concluded.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-it-is-not-compulsory-for-election-to-be-held-in-imo-nlc/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by yarimo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
Under joe ajaero NLC is now union of Thugs claiming labour leaders

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by daninfo: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Na wa
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Kellysim: 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Uzodinma don enter

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by seunlayi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by kayusely70(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
That means an extension of the incumbent's tenure!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by joyandfaith: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:

What about under Oshiomole?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by yarimo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
joyandfaith:

What about under Oshiomole?
go and make reaserch on that

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Afamed: 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
I have said it on many occasions, PDP and Lazy party sorry Labor party are not ready for any election in Imo state.

I was in Imo state few days ago

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Afamed: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:
go and make reaserch on that

He was probably in kindergarten class when Adams Oshimole was Labor President

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by yarimo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Afamed:

He was probably in kindergarten class when Adams Oshimole was Labor President
exactly Comrade that is why I advice him for a research, than to waste my time.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Obiedun(m): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
NLC and labour party are jittery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Feintline: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:
Under the criminal forger lagos builder Nigeria is becoming the suicide headquarters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Prince111111: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
The Man didn't actually mean that. I listened to the live program on osun rave FM.
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Jorussia(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
Afamed:
I have said it on many occasions, PDP and Lazy party sorry Labor party are not ready for any election in Imo state.

I was in Imo state few days ago
What's the update in IMO state? Its uzodinma really very terrible as the opposition are describing him?
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Afamed: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jorussia:
What's the update in IMO state? Its uzodinma really very terrible as the opposition are describing him?

Ignore the silly Obidents noise here.

The only person that will defeat Hope is Hope himself
His only sin is because he's in APC

If Hope was to be in PDP or LP , they would have declared him the winner even before election

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Jorussia(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Afamed:

The only person that will defer Hope is Hope himself

Is it true there is no light in the entire state since Tuesday last week?
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Figger(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
U re very silly, stop defending evil, how did somebody who came fourth in an election be forced to rule against people's choice. Hope uzodimma is a thug and a killer, my good people of Imo don't want him. Salaries and pension s are barely not been paid in the sate and u're here trying to justify it simply because u're benefiting from the useless APC leg govt.
Afamed:

If Hope was to be in PDP or LP , they would have declared him the winner even before election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by securitywatch50: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
One thing I know is that what goes round comes around
Afamed:

please have you been to Imo state?
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Afamed: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
securitywatch50:
One thing I know is that what goes round comes around please have you been to Imo state?

I have been to larger part of the Globe only 2 states in the NC that I am yet to visit

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by MrALIVE: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:
how you guys refuse to call out the real thugs who are politicians amazes me....always blaming the people who are not the cause of Nigeria's problem.. rubbish!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by fergie001: 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jorussia:
Is it true there is no light in the entire state since Tuesday last week?
I have been here since a week before the Presidential Election, only left Imo today for Bayelsa, and then to Lag after the election.

1. There has been no light since Tuesday last week as a result of the Ajaero issue; it's not ending anytime soon.

2. There is no standing poster, billboard or whatever of any Party whatsoever, save for Hope's standing anywhere in Owerri.

3. Uzodimma will win with a landslide. Results you know, we knew how it went with other elections in February.

4. The word on the streets is that: s'ebi it's just 4 years let him do and go, nobody wants to get into the cross-fire. You will see the boycott on Saturday!

5. His opponents even have no clouts, the election ended the day Ihedioha bowed out of the contest.

6. That he will win is no news, he will win and win well.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Jorussia(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
fergie001:

I have been here since a week before the Presidential Election, only left Imo today for Bayelsa, and then to Lag after the election.

1. There has been no light since Tuesday last week as a result of the Ajaero issue; it's not ending anytime soon.

2. There is no standing poster, billboard or whatever of any Party whatsoever, save for Hope's standing anywhere in Owerri.

3. Uzodimma will win with a landslide. Results you know, we knew how it went with other elections in February.

4. The word on the streets is that: s'ebi it's just 4 years let him do and go, nobody wants to get into the cross-fire. You will see the boycott on Saturday!

5. His opponents even have no clouts, the election ended the day Ihedioha bowed out of the contest.

6. That he will win is no news, he will win and win well.
what about bayelsa?
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by sukar886: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:
U need to get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Christistruth03: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:

Don't be surprised if you find out the Crowd behind him are mostly ipob members

Some People saw it coming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by yemmight(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
I have said this before, LP is just using NLC to cause trouble, including our Economy.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Cyberterror: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ajaero should stop pretending and enter politics fulltime. His intention is to become an Oshiomhole in future but it can't happen because even his people of Owerri see him as a shady character. He has kept Imo state in darkness for a week just to make Uzodinma lose and help his labour party win. The t won't work for him.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by fergie001: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jorussia:
what about bayelsa?
Diri has tried but a Bayelsa Gov should do better considering their allocations. He is better than Dickson though!

He is 65% done, not because he has done too well but the APC chose a Candidate that is not liked.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Jorussia(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
fergie001:

Diri has tried but a Bayelsa Gov should do better considering their allocations. He is better than Dickson though!

He is 65% done, not because he has done too well but the APC chose a Candidate that is not liked.
That's what my bayelsa source told me about an hour ago.David Lyon would have won convincingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by fergie001: 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jorussia:
That's what my bayelsa source told me about an hour ago. David Lyon would have won convincingly.
He is working against Timipre.
Lyon had the goodwill. Diri is always a lucky man!
Re: BREAKING : It Is Not Compulsory For Election To Be Held In Imo – NLC ( Pic ) by Svoboda(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
yarimo:

Uzosimma showed him shege. Next time, he will stay on his lane rather than meddling.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Latest On The Killing Of Military Men In Delta / Cross River State Lawmakers Embark On Hunger Strike / Street Begging Banned In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.