Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,015 members, 7,912,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:23 PM

Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members (30074 Views)

Court Sack Of Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers In Order — Lawyers / Mention NASS Members Who Got NDDC Contracts, Reps Tell Akpabio / Heavy Protests In Port-Harcourt As INEC Suspends Rivers Governorship Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by GanagiBitrus: 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
BreconHills:

There is not much wrong with INEC. The greater problem is the election system that forces aspirants to spend so much money. The result is desperation to win and unwillingness to concede when you lose. The zero sum game is increasing. Even that terrible election of 2011 had less contention than this one.

Progress made on limiting over voting which was the main fraud method has not been celebrated. Instead people are chasing "stadium" scoreboards all over the place.

Something has happened to us. Even primary school inter House sports are becoming free for all contests in fighting and quarrelling.
Valid points. The desperation to win is something else.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by 3ice9ce: 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
kokoA:
How are they people supposed to know this? INEC shouldn't have accepted those candidates on the ballot abi INEC wasn't aware of the court judgement to? It is wrong for the court to declare the people who came second winners. that's not the wish of the people.

How are they supposed to know?
If INEC refused them participation, it is you people who will still complain that they are being cheated.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by Okoroawusa: 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
I am looking for the heavy in the protest
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2023
Hired crowd to protest,instead of appealing the judgment? sad
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by AziDach1985(m): 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Where is the Nigerian Armed Forces?

The miscreants should be arrested and jailed.

Few reasons why I like Israel, A bomb would have been dropped on them!

May God forgive you
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by YourGFsnatcher: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
Judolisco:
yes.... By nature is what I meant.... I'm in Abuja and i don't fancy anything here... I enjoyed my time in Ekiti while serving... Jst a lover of nature

Great! Then you will like it. It's very beautiful. True, Abuja has no natural ginger.
We are just so unfortunate to have underperforming governors

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by OBJECTIVITY4ALL: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
These are the most unguided people, the same Appeal court have sack some APC candidates in FAVOR OF EITHER PDP OR LP OR OTHERS.
I don't think THE APC SUPPORTS HAVE embark on a protested against any unfavorable judgement . Now the pendulum swing they're displaying ignorance and lawlessness,
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by mastermaestro(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2023
I said this yesterday here that soon the people will start resisting court judgments on elections. It has started. The judiciary is on a self-destructive path. They better retrace their steps. Once a nation's judicial system collapses, it's over. Revolution will jejely follow. Make them get sense o.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by caracas: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

On the contrary , the military should be planning on taking over from these useless sets of ppl…I don’t know who is more corrupt , the executive, legislators or the judiciary…. May be the judiciary sha…..
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by adekolaelect(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Court of law doesn't judge on streets Sample, opinion, emotional or wishes of majority of citizens but Evidences and what the law said.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by Angel55555(m): 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Does it look like Lagos State ?
Lol.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by paduzman: 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
Na wa, inec and our judiciary don cast big time.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by slivertongue: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2023
maasoap:

You all just concluded that judges have no reasons for delivering the judgements they delivered just it didn't swing where you would have preferred, right?
We all knew what happened to APC in Bayelsa and Zamfara states some years back through the same judiciary

there is no room for such in the new electoral act. most folks commenting don't know the difference.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by slivertongue: 12:36am On Nov 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
doing bidding of president yet Ugo chinyere won at appeal... Those protesting are wasting time it shows poor understanding of democracy.. PDP in plateau didn't do due diligence so they're learning the hard way like it happened to APC in zamfara 2019 when they Lost all Seats after winning the elections... Courts is part of demoy so pple should take note

Ugo chinyere won on pre election matter why is plateau PDP different?
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by lapintoz: 1:15am On Nov 09, 2023
See tears 👀

I get handkerchief o.....wailing wailers

aylive02:

Tinubu's a disaster! Justice under him is a disaster! To hell with him and his praise singers.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:32am On Nov 09, 2023
slivertongue:

Ugo chinyere won on pre election matter why is plateau PDP different?
go to Court of appeal and ask them since you know better.. maybe Ugo chinyere bought his judgment
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by samnen(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2023
PDP is in disobedience of 11 (eleven) court judgements. They should learn how to obey court judgements to also benefits from the Court next time.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by paramakina202: 8:54am On Nov 09, 2023
INEC and Judiciary are anti democratic institutions that foist unwanted or rejected candidates on the people.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by LongT(m): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

People like you with terrorist mindsets should be in chains.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by slivertongue: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2023
samnen:
PDP is in disobedience of 11 (eleven) court judgements. They should learn how to obey court judgements to also benefits from the Court next time.

it is not one of the pillars to annul an election. comments like yours show you don't know issues. We know it's madam's handiwork.
Re: Plateau: Heavy Protests following Appeal Court's Sack Of 4 NASS Members by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Don't caused problems in your state,and blame the govt..If you're not happy with the decision, kindly move to supreme Court for redress!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daniel Udeh: Who Fixes Yenagoa Potholes Is Unemployed UNIJOS Graduate / DSS Complies With Tinubu’s Order, Vacates Lagos Office Shared With EFCC / Video Showing Efcc’s Ibrahim Magu At APC Event An Error — Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.