Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,520 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:14 PM

How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola (19410 Views)

Tricks On How To Read And Pass Your Exams Waec,neco,jamb..etc / When Your Best Friend Turns You Down During Exams (pix) / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:32am On Nov 13, 2011
You dont read to know, you read to pass especially in federal universities
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 09, 2011
1. Dont cram. I like to give myself a week to study.

2. Read your book thoroughly. If it says Chap 1-15, read Chap 1-15 from cover to back. I've had many prof whose exams are 25% from notes, 75 % from textbook.

3. Practice past exams. Get them from a friend or two. I'm one of the lucky few who always has somebody to get the past exams from grin

4. Study groups. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont. Sometimes I just wanna lock myself help and read by myself. But it helps me greater when I explain to others and others explain to me.

5. Sleep, 6 hrs minimum. Your brain needs to rest. I always clearly remember items I study 6hrs earlier after a good night sleep.

6. Go to proffs office hours ( just seeing your face may make him give you that 2 extra point for that A). I seem to remember what my proffs says durin office hours, rather than what they say during class time. I still wonder why.

7. Eat healthy. I know how we love to go to McDonalds/ Starbucks during exams. That's a no no! Eat healthy (tips for exam healthy diets are online. Use them).
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by ibrobell(m): 7:17am On Dec 09, 2011
ok
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Odunnu: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. Dont cram. I like to give myself a week to study.

2. Read your book thoroughly. If it says Chap 1-15, read Chap 1-15 from cover to back. I've had many prof whose exams are 25% from notes, 75 % from textbook.

3. Practice past exams. Get them from a friend or two. I'm one of the lucky few who always has somebody to get the past exams from grin

4. Study groups. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont. Sometimes I just wanna lock myself help and read by myself. But it helps me greater when I explain to others and others explain to me.

5. Sleep, 6 hrs minimum. Your brain needs to rest. I always clearly remember items I study 6hrs earlier after a good night sleep.

[s]6. Go to proffs office hours ( just seeing your face may make him give you that 2 extra point for that A).[/s] I seem to remember what my proffs says durin office hours, rather than what they say during class time. I still wonder why.

7. Eat healthy. I know how we love to go to McDonalds/ Starbucks during exams. That's a no no! Eat healthy (tips for exam healthy diets are online. Use them).

Not advisable in our universities if you are a beautiful/attractive gurl. You'll end up attracting those randy old dogs and you must donate to be set free.
The system here sucks
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by olawalebabs(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
Odunnu:

Not advisable in our universities if you are a beautiful/attractive gurl. You'll end up attracting those randy old dogs and you must donate to be set free.
The system here sucks
and if you are a guy with a loaded pocket, you can easily buy over the greedy men called lecturer."Moral instructor without moral"
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by akinbunmia(m): 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dear All,

Does anyone knows when ICAN November 2011 diet result will be out .
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by chikis(m): 1:02am On Dec 23, 2011
TayoDemola:

Yes,I got your mail. Yesterday I got a mail from a follower of this thread who needed some advice.Thanks so much for your mail.But pls I will summarise your mail and treat the issues here on this thread for the benefit of everyone,ok? Pls just follow me.
Somebody sent you a mail; you said you are going to summarise and discuss it here in the forum for the benefit of everyone but you have failed to do so. Why? Please my ear is wide open waiting. Maybe I may get to learn some important lesson from it, if disscused.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Emeka72(m): 4:58am On Dec 28, 2011
D only way is to study hard.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Chinyxboy(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
This is a great post. When it comes to passing WAEC, NECO and even JAMB in flying colors, one has to understand the basic rules guiding that examination body. The truth is that, the way you prepare for JAMB is kind of different to the very way you prepare for WAEC. We do have this difference due to the fact that we are talking of two different exam body. The way JAMB questions are set is not the same way WAEC or NECO exam questions are set. They all have different approach methods. In knowing the secret to pass JAMB and maybe WAEC or NECO, i will like you guys to read up this post for further clarification on this matter: http://www.nigeriascholar.com/2011/10/how-to-pass-jamb-and-post-jamb.html. Hope this helps?
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Pi0neer: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2012
I was never really good at school embarassed
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by AmakaG29(f): 2:28am On Jan 06, 2012
1. Remember to go to class. Showing up in class and taking notes lets you know what the teacher wants on the exam.
2. Study with peers and alone. By studying with peers, you make sure not to miss anything by relying simply on your own notes and memories.
3. If you are really struggling to understand, get a tutor early on in the class well before finals (just someone who took the class before you and did well, the prof may recommend someone)
4. Pray for clarity and peace

Great post OP smiley
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by jade5268: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
Like someone posted earlier, preparing for an exam is a meticulous process. Most times students do not commit a lot of time to studying and expect to get fantastic, in my line of work i come across a lot of aspiring healthcare professionals who like the idea of becoming a top shot healthcare professional but are willing to give all it takes.

Study groups are very useful, so create a study group with like minded individuals. Professional Mentoring is also a very useful tool, we lack a lot of this in our society.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Emmaesty(f): 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2012
@all please i really need ur help rite now.I'm writing this year's jamb and i've not started reading because of my computer lessons(which will end in March),laziness and lack of a gud time table.I've tried ff my time table but i just can't.Pls can you help me prepare a time table dat will work?? I'd be really greatful if u would help me.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by chikis(m): 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Tamost: 6:27am On Feb 26, 2012
Hardwork is very important in passing your exams. You need to study with high level of seriousness, meet with people that have succeeded in the exam you are about to write and ask them some questions about some things you do not understand and then get past questions and solve them on your own. Finally, pray to God to crown your efforts with success. That way, you can be sure of passing you exam. Best of luck.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by olaoye1(m): 5:20am On Feb 29, 2012
pls, i urgently need information on utme change of instution form
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Odunnu: 8:03am On Feb 29, 2012
Go to the right thread if you want a good answer
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by babsomotde(m): 10:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
nice tips and write-ups , keep it up
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by Maurice45(m): 10:20pm On Feb 29, 2012
Every1 has diff reading habit perfect 4 dem. Its a fact.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by ekpriobong(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
I like this thread.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by adwork(m): 4:42am On Mar 17, 2012
Pi0neer: I was never really good at school embarassed

There's nothing wrong with you; but there's everything wrong with your belief.

Change that belief, and you would realize that you're one of the most gifted student of all time! smiley
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by niceG: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2012
Pls does anyone knows if GCE expires after a particular period of time.
Re: How To Pass Your Exams-by Tayo Demola by DARA1234: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2012
Does any one know if the late entry form for WAEC is still out.
Secondly, does any one know a good secondary school with boarding facilities that prepares students for WAEC/GCE/JAMB etc. I mean where the student can go for 1 year to prepare for these exams.
Thanks for any good info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Institute Of Management And Technology (imit)enugu Post Ume / ASUU Strike: How Did Students React In Your School? / ASUU May Call Off Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.