Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,411 members, 7,985,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 26 October 2024 at 12:51 AM

Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State (3616 Views)

Oke Umurhohwo Foundation Concludes Free Fuel Initiative In Ekuigbo, Ughelli / Reno Omokiri To Attend The Enugu Amala Hangout / Allow Me To Rest, Eat Amala And Sleep, Work Will Continue Tomorrow - Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by BrodaBenad: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2023
Those organising the amala event are they not Igbos?

Where's the tribalism?

Reno should be locked up asap
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by BrodaBenad: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2023
Aldol:
If those hardcore tribalists try a combo of Amala and Abula(beans soup with ewedu) with all the varieties of assorted meat,their life will never remain the same again

You'll still hate them !

It shows igbos are by far the least tribalists
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by opamoses1: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
You mean as a Yoruba tribalist?

He called the people he wanted to rule over af_ o_nja, his supporters said they will drive obas away from Lagos, he can't speak Yoruba (how would he address those he seek to go even?), he insulted Pastor Adeboye (someone old enough to be his dad), he supports iPob. E.t.c

Gov Adeleke despite being half Igbo is not an uncouth individual and wasn't given a similar treatment.

He can try again in 2027 if he has learnt what it takes to be an Omoluabi like Gov Adeleke whose mother is from Abia State. I wish GRV goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Mrfeel: 10:26am On Nov 10, 2023
Goodvibes007:

It's yam flour. Gbegiri is blended beans, and Ewedu is Molokhia (extremely popular in the meditaranean region of the World).
I grew up in benue state amongst the Tiv people so I know Amala and I know ewedu too , the Yoruba names might be popular but yoruba's are not the only tribe that eat it, ewedu in Tiv language is atyever, Amala is luam nnayan
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Splashme: 10:31am On Nov 10, 2023
Aldol:
If those hardcore tribalists try a combo of Amala and Abula(beans soup with ewedu) with all the varieties of assorted meat,their life will never remain the same again

I love the way you introduced some humour into this tribal thread but hey ... that shit is too black, the ingredient is too dirty for my liking. I hate it and no tribal sentiments intended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Splashme: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2023
Mrfeel:

What are the ingredients of Amala ?

Yam peels, sometimes, the rotten parts of yam.
That thing is not the normal Yam Flour ( from Ayoola Foods) that we know
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by DonBenny77(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Goodvibes007:

It's yam flour. Gbegiri is blended beans, and Ewedu is Molokhia (extremely popular in the meditaranean region of the World).
Specify that it's spoilt and rotting yam flour. Personally I won't eat Amala how can you ask me to swallow flour made with yam I can't cook and eat. Makes no sense
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Mrfeel: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

Yam peels, sometimes, the rotten parts of yam.
That thing is not the normal Yam Flour ( from Ayoola Foods) that we know

Yam peels , rotten yam are you telling me that is what makes it Amala and if it's done with good yams it's no longer Amala ?
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Tochj(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2023
I knew it
Those attacks on Amala fest can be traced to omockery.
Our people are not this foolish
We don't discriminate
Ade the tailor is there in my village Anara doing his business without problems
Reno can forge those Igbo name to attack Amala fest to talk.
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by JagabanB: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:
Surprisingly, Reno and Wike are now the darling of most Agbado-Yorubas.

Laughable, so if I start supporting Thiefņubu today, Agbado-Yorubas will start loving me too. In Nigeria, there is nothing tribalism cannot do.
Same Amaechi is now a darling to u Obidents.
Same way the general who ran the show at lekki tollgate is now a darling to u guys because he supports Obi.
Same way Ortom is a great govèrñór to u guys because he supports Obi.
There's nothing tribalism won't do.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Kukutente23: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:
First things first, the people organising and enjoying the Amala hangout are all Ibos.

So, Reno attempting to paint Omo-Ibos as tribal bigots is outright foolishness
#But, hey! I hate that shit called 'Amala'. It's too black and the ingredients dirty. Nothing tribal here but personal hygiene.
How is water and yam flour dirty

There is Amala lafun and it is not black

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Kaiser20: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2023
If after all the promotional propaganda Tinubu did not secure a good appointment for Boy Reno, it would be a shame.
Reno Omokri should be appointed as the new SFG of Nigeria or NNPC group Managing Director
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Pakute: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

The average Ibo even in this Lagos is doing much better than you and some of your siblings
By stealing bitter kola, abeg shift.

7 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Meagainstthem: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2023
But Ojukwu of curse memory can not do without Amala Nahgrin

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by pachigo001(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:
First things first, the people organising and enjoying the Amala hangout are all Ibos.

#But, hey! I hate that shit called 'Amala'. It's too black and the ingredients dirty. Nothing tribal here but personal hygiene.
grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by DaddyJapan(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Over 20,000 network for Amala hangout

Our Reporter November 22, 2019

As part of efforts to preserve the beautiful cultural heritage of the Yoruba people in the face of daunting challenges particularly human activities such as globalisation and civilization that has continued to threaten, about 20, 000 youths are networking for a programme tagged the Amala hangout.

The Amala hangout, a mobile community of over 20,000 youths all across the world is a melting pot of intellectuals, professionals and entrepreneurs who are passionate custodians of culture and share a common love for the popular southwestern staple known as amala and who, as part of their commitment to making things work in their environment designed the programme.

The aim of the hangout is to become a model for culinary historic research where people enjoy history and appreciate how it affects their present and future using amala as the focal point.

The amala hangout also aims at uniting different people from different walks of life irrespective of their tribe, race or religion using food (amala) as the unifying factor.

The Ibadan edition is held quarterly at the National Museum of Unity, Ibadan and the last edition of the programme was held in July with over two hundred participants.

Now, the programme has been repackaged and will be held in Ibadan at the end of November with at least a thousand participants with activities which include visit to the Gallery of the National Museum of Unity, lecture on mental health awareness by Mentally Aware Nigeria Initiative (MANI), amala eating competition, lecture on reproductive health by Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI), music, comedy and dance as well as board games (chess, ludo, ayo olopon, draughts and monopoly).

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/over-20000-network-for-amala-hangout/
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by osuofia2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Some of my Igbo brothers are pathethic

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by KingOfAllIgbos: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

Laughable, so if I start supporting Thiefņubu today, Agbado-Yorubas will start loving me too. In Nigeria, there is nothing tribalism cannot do.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I have NEVER seen a Yoruba praising Reno or FFK or Wike.

But these 3 were IPOB gods that were asslicked religiously.

But when they turned .... you guys started crying grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by DaddyJapan(m): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
Amala Hangout Is More Of Less Like Your Normal Owambe Party, Make New friends, Eat, Dance, Games & enjoy urself, also With Your Favourites Celebrities

Source: https://twitter.com/Amalahangout

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2023
DonBenny77:

Specify that it's spoilt and rotting yam flour. Personally I won't eat Amala how can you ask me to swallow flour made with yam I can't cook and eat. Makes no sense

Same reason i cant eat UKWA, in 2021, Arch bishop Alexander Ibezim(Arch bishop of Awka doicese) had some events in his large estate and there were alot of food there, In fact, being a Yoruba guy, i was asked to eat that Ukwa after which i would be rewarded for doing so

I declined nonetheless

These things are personal preferences and yea...Nothing about Ukwa made sense to me and will never be but i respect those that eat it

Their food
Their tradition
Live and let live abeg

7 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by IjebuWarrior: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

Igbos are indeed cursed 🤬

Una nvr see anything yet for Lagos... We'll make sure we suffocate una, una go begin beg to go back to ur godforsaken jungle. 🤬

Awon Oloriburuku! 🤬

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Splashme: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mrfeel:

Yam peels , rotten yam are you telling me that is what makes it Amala and if it's done with good yams it's no longer Amala ?

Bro, I prefer Pounded Yam abeg.
I hate that black shit
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Mrfeel: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

Bro, I prefer Pounded Yam abeg.
I hate that black shit
Have you eaten Amala before?
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Nextt: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2023
Yoruba people should do well to ignore biased comments from some Igbo people. I think it is a good initiative. Besides, nothing out of the ordinary to celebrate Yoruba culture in Igbo land. I can't eat amala but it is a delicacy of my family members. I support the move. Please, let's all stamp out tribalism in all its appearance.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Aldol: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

I love the way you introduced some humour into this tribal thread but hey ... that shit is too black, the ingredient is too dirty for my liking. I hate it and no tribal sentiments intended.
Its brown,people who have said worst about the food mellow when dem test the food. I pray you test it someday in a buka or wedding
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Sharpsharp00123: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tochi3:
How much is the dollar fooool. O mockery what is the meaning of this. Tell your New found drug lord to return the dollars where he met it.who in his right mind even takes this fool serious

No distractions
but u igbos always say we should attack d message n not d messenger

What are u doing now?
Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Sharpsharp00123: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
Was it not in Lagos that Yoruba didn't allow a Yoruba man with Igbo mother to contest.

We saw all the names he was called by Yorubas.
Adeleke is also a Yoruba man with an igbo mother n we all fought for him to reclaim his mandate

The thing with u igbos is that u will never agree u made mistake n u will keep rubbing d mistake on d face of the people n that’s y they give u hot hot

Chinedu insulted tinubu, adeboye n called yorubas derogatory names n even added that he doesn’t think in Yoruba but u igbos want the yorubas to vote for him

The same igbos that can’t even allow an igbo man from Enugu to b anything in anambara

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Tochi3(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
but u igbos always say we should attack d message n not d messenger

What are u doing now?

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Sharpsharp00123: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
DonBenny77:

it’s obvious u are one of those igbos still stucked in d village

Emeka wey dey sell phone accessories for Ibadan no fit talk like this

Try travel so u can get exposed, it was in Liberia that I first saw d beauty of traveling n eating food from other tribes n cultures

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri's Opinion On The Amala Hangout Initiative In Enugu State by Gajagojo: 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2023
Splashme:

Are you literate? We know the organizers are Ibo

So go back read and comprehend or get someone to translate to you in Ibo the point that was being made

It is clear you do not comprehend it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Tech Hub VS Labour Party Tech Hub / Atiku Son Lambast Amaechi / Important Message about Neo-colonialism, Ebola and Boko Haram to save your life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.