Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,046 members, 7,886,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

My Tech Journey - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Tech Journey (1010 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
As at the beginning of last year after my nysc, i was in search of a job very seriously,got in contact with family and friends to help me find one all to no avail. I was very devastated although i expected it to be though due to how oversaturated the job market was but i was unhappy non the less.

My cousin who lives abroad introduced me to tech since it was what helped him get out of the country too and its what he's still doing at the moment. Told me to choose which part of tech i would love to do and i chose uiux,He paid for my courses and also for a mentor to help me through the whole learning process. Took a while to get a grasp of it ( 2months or so), started learning and practiced for some months and started designing very well after some time.

Started to get my case study and portfolio in order and yh it wasn't that good but i tried at least. Continued to design and also send proposals for freelance jobs and after many months of doing that i finally got a freelance job from a site which was suppose to last for about 3 months, paid about $500. I was more happy than someone who won a lottery. Included the experience in my cv and continued to bid for jobs, got some for up to $700 and some for less.

I am actually not where i am suppose to be but I'm getting there and happy for myself. Not been easy getting a full time job especially a remote type.most of them get more than 200+ applications and want the best of the best.

Would really appreciate advice and contribution especially on getting a full time job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tech Journey by Dayotheeone(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
Awesome!
I also recently just started my journey in tech. Product Management, now UI/UX

1 Like

Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Dayotheeone:
Awesome!
I also recently just started my journey in tech. Product Management, now UI/UX

Oh wow, i wish you well in your journey, not an easy one but worth it at last
Re: My Tech Journey by online4business: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Baba if you can do a small project that can be bringing you money passively it's better than waiting for job.

Think equity (passive money) rather than active money.

I envy people who can code.

My own na conversion... Make people open their wallet and bring money.

Nothing happens untill there's exchange of money.

3 Likes

Re: My Tech Journey by Hamachi(f): 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2023
Urgent Recruitment!!!

A wellness centre is looking to hire a social media manager/ content creator

Must develop and implement strategic plans to enhance brand presence, engage with the target audience, and drive growth across various social media platforms.

Minimum 2–3 years of experience in core background roles

Remuneration: N150,000 net
Work Schedule: Hybrid, 4 times a week
Proximity to the location is very important!!!

Interested candidates should forward their CVs and portfolio to hr@thedewcentre.com
Re: My Tech Journey by Goldplucker(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
Justicecreft:
As at the beginning of last year after my nysc, i was in search of a job very seriously,got in contact with family and friends to help me find one all to no avail. I was very devastated although i expected it to be though due to how oversaturated the job market was but i was unhappy non the less.

My cousin who lives abroad introduced me to tech since it was what helped him get out of the country too and its what he's still doing at the moment. Told me to choose which part of tech i would love to do and i chose uiux,He paid for my courses and also for a mentor to help me through the whole learning process. Took a while to get a grasp of it ( 2months or so), started learning and practiced for some months and started designing very well after some time.

Started to get my case study and portfolio in order and yh it wasn't that good but i tried at least. Continued to design and also send proposals for freelance jobs and after many months of doing that i finally got a freelance job from a site which was suppose to last for about 3 months, paid about $500. I was more happy than someone who won a lottery. Included the experience in my cv and continued to bid for jobs, got some for up to $700 and some for less.

I am actually not where i am suppose to be but I'm getting there and happy for myself. Not been easy getting a full time job especially a remote type.most of them get more than 200+ applications and want the best of the best.

Would really appreciate advice and contribution especially on getting a full time job.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll love if you can teach me tech! I really have passion for tech buh I don’t even know where to start from, If you can mentor me I’ll be very glad 🙂
A YOUNG LAD
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
online4business:
Baba if you can do a small project that can be bringing you money passively it's better than waiting for job.

Think equity (passive money) rather than active money.

I envy people who can code.

My own na conversion... Make people open their wallet and bring money.

Nothing happens untill there's exchange of money.

The freelance jobs don't come very much and doesn't actually involve coding
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Goldplucker:

Thanks for sharing, I’ll love if you can teach me tech! I really have passion for tech buh I don’t even know where to start from, If you can mentor me I’ll be very glad 🙂
A YOUNG LAD

You can message but make sure you are a serious person before you do
Re: My Tech Journey by Oladhips(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
Tbh you're really doing great already 👏

Just keep it consistent and try to go above your current limit..
Re: My Tech Journey by Goldplucker(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Justicecreft:

You can message but make sure you are a serious person before you do
How do I reach you sir
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2023
Goldplucker:

How do I reach you sir

You could send a message
Re: My Tech Journey by Virgo3: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
Justicecreft:

You could send a message
was it an online lessons or physical ? How much was paid and to which school and location pls and who is ur mentor pls. I really need a school and mentors, can't study it on my own
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2023
Virgo3:
was it an online lessons or physical ? How much was paid and to which school and location pls and who is ur mentor pls. I really need a school and mentors, can't study it on my own

I learnt virtually and will actually have to ask him if I'm at liberty to share his contact. My cousin paid for it so will have to ask how much. You can send a message if you want though, hope you're actually very serious too
Re: My Tech Journey by Virgo3: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
Justicecreft:

I learnt virtually and will actually have to ask him if I'm at liberty to share his contact. My cousin paid for it so will have to ask how much. You can send a message if you want though, hope you're actually very serious too
bro, the zeal is ther I believe it is going to be enormous but I will try my best
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
Virgo3:
bro, the zeal is ther I believe it is going to be enormous but I will try my best

You have to be very ready to learn and its not only about zeal, dedication too is involved. Just replied your mail
Re: My Tech Journey by Virgo3: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2023
Justicecreft:

You have to be very ready to learn and its not only about zeal, dedication too is involved. Just replied your mail
I have been trying to get ur reply but I can't find it, bro pls can you hut me up on Whatsapp ! Na me dy spon myself ooo thought hard on what to do, business or self development? I chose the latter but it is so gonna be hard because I will be going thru this journey with garri and lot of garri but I'm ready
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Virgo3:
I have been trying to get ur reply but I can't find it, bro pls can you hut me up on Whatsapp ! Na me dy spon myself ooo thought hard on what to do, business or self development? I chose the latter but it is so gonna be hard because I will be going thru this journey with garri and lot of garri but I'm ready
Re: My Tech Journey by Virgo3: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
Re: My Tech Journey by Virgo3: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Justicecreft:

-8 thats my WhatsApp number incase you cant reach me on mail
bro you free to remove ur contact thanks
Re: My Tech Journey by Justicecreft: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2023
Virgo3:
bro you free to remove ur contact thanks

Alright

(1) (Reply)

Oil Company Test Sample / What Aboout Zenith Bank / Any News In Oceanic Bank Test In Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.