Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,329 members, 7,881,233 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:51 PM

Keep Your Hope Alive (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep Your Hope Alive (1) (70 Views)

What Are Your Hope And Expectations For 2024? / Misinformation Will Totally Crush Your Hope In Life. / Fix Your Hope In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Hope Alive (1) by Btruth: 2:44am On Nov 11, 2023
Keep your hope alive (1)

Sat, 11 Nov 2023

‘We who have fled for refuge might … hold fast to the hope set before us.’ Hebrews 6:18

Does your situation look impossible? Are you getting ready to give up? Don’t! Emilie Batisse was seventy-nine when she was injured in a hit-and-run accident and wasn’t expected to live. When Norman Vincent Peale went to visit her, he noticed a row of brand-new poetry books that hadn’t been opened. When he asked her about them, she said, ‘I love poetry, but I haven’t read those … I’m saving them for my old age.’ Mrs Batisse lived to read those books many times, and when she eventually died at ninety-one, she was planning a trip to Europe. Hope is desiring something to come true; faith is believing it will happen. Hope is wanting something so desperately that despite all evidence to the contrary, you keep believing God for it. And the remarkable thing is that the act of hoping produces a strength of its own. When Cornell University conducted a study on the effects of hope, Dr Harold G. Wolff reported that people with hope could endure incredible burdens. One group comprised twenty-five thousand soldiers imprisoned during World War II. Subjected to forced labour, bad food, and filth, many died while others showed only slight damage. Interviews with survivors revealed a far-above-average ability to hope! How were they able to keep their hope alive? By drawing pictures of the girls they planned to marry, designing their future homes, and organising business management seminars. Hope not only kept them well, it kept them alive! It’s easy to see why Paul describes hope as ‘… a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary.’ (Hebrews 6:19 NLT)
Re: Keep Your Hope Alive (1) by Iamanoited: 3:14am On Nov 11, 2023
WITH FERVENT PRAYERS.

THERE'S GOD OOO.

(1) (Reply)

HIS Best For You / In The Light Of Truth: Earthbound. / How Best To Pray For Your Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.