Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Eternal Being - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Being (71 Views)

Tithing is not an Eternal principle / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / There Is No Eternal Security. It Is Conditional - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Being by AbundantLife05: 5:59am On Nov 12, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
Eternal Being 1 Corinthians 15:42-45
It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.
[43]Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
[44]They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
[45]The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit. NLT.

The meaning of eternal is that “without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be”. The concept of eternity is not represented on earth because the earth does not operate on it. The earth operates in cycles, which implies that if something has a beginning, there will be an end to such event. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8: For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. [2]A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. [3]A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. [4]A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. [5]A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. [6]A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. [7]A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. [8]A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace. NLT.

If we eat, we will finish it, if we sleep, at a point we will wake up, if it rains, no matter how long, it will stop. Also, no matter how long the night, day must break and even man-made things like drugs, technological gadgets and others have expiry date. However, there is a being that does not have a beginning nor an end. He exists forever and the reason for this is because as long as he can’t be traced to a beginning, there is no end in sight for him. This being is God.

God, the eternal being has attributes peculiar to him. Let us look at some of these attributes as we try to understand the eternal being.

1. He is Omniscient
This is a peculiar attribute about God, he does not share the ability to know all things with any heavenly being or human being. Hebrews 4:12-13: For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. [13]Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. NLT. Psalms 139:1-4: O lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. [2]You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. [3]You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. [4]You know what I am going to say even before I say it, lord. NLT.

2. He is Omnipotent
God is the all powerful, his word is not void of power. Jeremiah 32:17: “O Sovereign lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! NLT.

3. He is Omnipresent
God is everywhere at once, he sees things as they happen. Psalms 139:5-10: You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. [6]Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! [7]I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! [8]If I go up to heaven, you are there; If I go down to the grave, you are there. [9]If I ride the wings of the morning, If I dwell by the farthest oceans, [10]even there your hand will guide me, sand your strength will support me. NLT.

4. He is the creator
God, the eternal being is the creator of all the things that we can see and the ones we cannot see. Genesis 1:1:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. NLT.

5. He preserves
Like I taught about faith some weeks ago that faith is a preserver. Preservation is found in God. This is a stark contrast to the devil who steals, kills, and destroys. John 10:10: The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. NLT.

6. He forgives sin
God forgives sin, he forgave the sins of David and Jesus also forgave people in his earthly ministry. Luke 7:47-48: “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” [48]Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.” NLT.

7. He can raise the dead
I have established the fact that everything that has a beginning must have an end. It is normal as long as we have this mortal bodies that at a point we are going to die but Jesus demonstrated that he has power over death by bringing the dead back to life. Mark 5:38-43. Also, Jesus demonstrated his power over death by resurrecting from the dead and ascending to heaven never to die again. Luke 24:50-53: Then Jesus led them to Bethany, and lifting his hands to heaven, he blessed them. [51]While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up to heaven. [52]So they worshiped him and then returned to Jerusalem filled with great joy. [53]And they spent all of their time in the Temple, praising God. NLT.

8. He gives eternal life
As long as we live on this earth, the idea of eternal life will not be totally understood by us. But God has the power to make us live forever in his kingdom by giving us eternal life. John 3:16: “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. NLT.

All of these attributes describes the eternal being (God) and all of these attributes were seen in the life of Jesus. This makes him God and a member of the trinity. His coming to the world was to represent the nature of God to men. Therefore, to have eternal life, you must belong to the eternal being by giving your life to Jesus who came to reveal God to us. If you are ready to come to him, I want you to say this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The Fullness Of The Blessing / Pray For A 'sympathy Breakthrough' / A Pure Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.