Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,360 members, 7,947,587 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? (448 Views)

Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register / FG Replaces Stamp Duty With N50 Electronic Transfer Levy / INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2023
I don’t really understand this electronic money transfer levy bank charged if you received 5k and above.
Government that’s not doing anything for you is still charging 50 or 100 from your account they have no knowledge what you did to get the money.

Now the question is what are they using the money to do? Imagine #50 or 100 multiply by 50million account or more.

2 Likes

Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Amotolongbo(f): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
The same question I’ve been asking.

Apart from charges on transactions, Zenith Bank still charges me 150 naira every blessed Sunday. I don’t know if the bank is collecting church offering from me or why

3 Likes

Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2023
Amotolongbo:
The same question I’ve been asking.

Apart from charges on transactions, Zenith Bank still charges me 150 naira every blessed Sunday. I don’t know if the bank is collecting church offering from me or why
This is really disturbing. I have been debited more than 10 times. We don’t even know what they are using the money for. Chai, this country na cruise.
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Grit2943(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
Emekaphilip360:
I don’t really understand this electronic money transfer levy bank charged if you received 5k and above.
Government that’s not doing anything for you is still charging 50 or 100 from your account they have no knowledge what you did to get the money.

Now the question is what are they using the money to do? Imagine #50 or 100 multiply by 50million account or more.
It isn't the banks that get to utilize the money rather it is the CBN.
In addition,what was previously called stamp duty has now been renamed Electronic money transfer levy.

The name change was done as a result of CBN's tussle with NIPOST regarding who should be the custodian of the funds.

Lastly, inflow of #9,999 and below doesn't incur EMT levy charge.
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Tochi3(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2023
...to Fund Yacht sailing & partying with call girls in Newyork grin grin

..know this & be at rest bro

2 Likes

Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
Grit2943:
It isn't the banks that get to utilize the money rather it is the CBN.
In addition,what was previously called stamp duty has now been renamed Electronic money transfer levy.

The name change was done as a result of CBN's tussle with NIPOST regarding who should be the custodian of the funds.

Lastly, inflow of #9,999 and below doesn't incur EMT levy charge.
what’s the funds for ? Are you seeing any impact of the funds?
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
Tochi3:
...to Fund Yacht sailing & partying wirh call girls in Newyork grin grin

..know this at be at rest bro
I swear na rubbish
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Chinjo2: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2023
It's part of the Billion profits bank usually declare at the end if each financial year.
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by skj1377(m): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Profit, infrastructural development, maintenance and staff salaries. Nothing is free even in free town
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Chinjo2:
It's part of the Billion profits bank usually declare at the end if each financial year.
Billion profit and then what?
Re: What Are They Using The Electronic Money Transfer Levy Bank Charged For ? by Emekaphilip360: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
skj1377:
Profit, infrastructural development, maintenance and staff salaries. Nothing is free even in free town
what infrastructural development are you talking about ? This is ripping in broad day light. I will move to digital bank now.

(1) (Reply)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Why Do Nigerian Military Like Destroying Peoples Property In South East / Gov. Wike Has Been Too Quite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.