Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,488 members, 7,944,415 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video (31507 Views)

How To Hold The Steering Wheel Correctly / Please Tell Me About This Type Of Avalon With Gear Selector On The Steering / Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by justking(m): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tired from hustling
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Mom007(f): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
I have experienced this b4.. on a trip from Benin to ore. Funny enuf, I left late on that faithful day and the reliable bus parks had closed. I was determined to travel and someone advised I take along from bypass. A driver picked 2 of us, to drop us at ore.. I sat in front and after a while I noticed dude was dosing... omo... I fear that day. On that road? In the evening? At that speed?mmbanu! I started asking the man plenty questions just to keep him talking and alert. We were good 'friends, by d time we reached ore. I wasn't taking any chances. We thank God for life and journey mercies sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by koolaid87: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJYOSpWIA0?feature=shared

I hope you alerted the rest of the passengers
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by sorosoke101: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Guys things are hard ooh i work in a restaurant at lekki admiralty way to be precise, i was on night duty from friday to sunday, and we close by 3.am in the midnight cos its weekend and i was to resume Monday morning as early as 6.am and close by 3pm. within 3am to 6am i did not sleep because i had to stock the refrigerator with drinks and also clean up the B marine ( the food show glass) four of them. Just because i slept for 3hr and work up by 9.am My supervisor got angry and sent a negative report about me brother i waz serving food and dozing off as if i was in a trance.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by BabaAduras: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

I informed the passengers.

At first i didn't believe he was actually sleeping. When i confirmed it. I cos wahala before i commot o. Driver no still gree say him dey sleep.

Good one then.

Your initial story did not enumerate that crucial aspect of the story.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by SamuelLoch: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:
I boarded a bus from Ajah to Oshodi and noticed an unsettling driving behavior from the driver. I suspected he was sleeping, I recorded a video and caught him dozing off while driving on the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Concerned for my safety, I chose to end my journey at Oworo, prioritizing my well-being to avoid potential risks.

So.you dropped at Oworonshoki and left him at his state with others in the bus.
If something bad had happened, you will share the experience as a testimony in front of a church or with the people around you...

Na wa o!!!
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by alizma: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
I was travelling from abuka to oyo driver was sleeping. Straight i told some assengerss. We scoped him we wanted to urinate.

Once he stopped, we told him we werent hurrying and he should rest thirty minutes.

Nigerians are overworked. And need to work four times extra to maintain their living
Calm down, many of this drivers go to carry ashawo after an all night driving from one place to another, they spend the time they are supposed to be sleeping to engage in sexual activity with olosho. Not all of these sleeping on steering is actually due to overwork to meet family needs.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by stanisbaratheon: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
messenger4891:

Some passengers at front seat could be boring because a little conversation on any trending topic would have kept him awake..I have seen where passenger at front seat will be sleeping.Sleep can be contagious in such scenario.

People do not realise how significant the passenger in the front seat with the driver is. That passenger can save the whole people in that bus with his proactiveness by alerting and keeping the driver in check.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by formular2002(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
I was travelling from abuja to oyo driver was sleeping. Straight i told some assengerss. We scoped him we wanted to urinate.

Once he stopped, we told him we werent hurrying and he should rest thirty minutes.

Nigerians are overworked. And need to work four times extra to maintain their living

You guys are so wonderful. I love the matured manner you handled the matter. A 20min nap will refresh the driver and you are all good to go. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by abah001: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
This happened to me 2016 when traveling to Ibadan the driver slept up, suddenly the bus started going towards direction of a trailer moving on its own, the guy that sat at the front shouted before the driver wake up and diverted his hand and the bus was horizontal across the road. Thanks to God that no vehicle was coming behind us. That was a day in my life I will never forget
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Heroesworths(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
immortalcrown:
It is a sad reality in Nigeria. I have experienced it twice.
😁😁😁😁
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by PaulH07: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

It's his confidence for me, waking up to realize he was sleeping while driving, and continuing to drive calmly like nothing happened.

How where you able to record him without him knowing?
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by captaininiobong(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
You only told us you have overworked the man and you still found delight in taking videos. Whilst you life at stake.

I thought maybe he was intoxicated with substance but clearly watching the video shows the driver was over stressed.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iceberg3: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mine was an Lt 35 bus from oshodi sometimes last year. We were underway and I noticed our bus overtaking a saloon car carelessly like no one was in charge of the wheel! I was seated behind the driver and before I could raise alarm after noticing him kinda in a trance,the bus had directly hit a man! The driver came back from Jupiter immediately and we had God to thank,as always,as the man came from under the bus with blood all over,but alive.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by DiamondNimi(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Over stress they kill person, mostly transporters
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by APOPTOSIS: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iagos:

You had one duty and that was to make the court believe that he is a Driver but you failed.
How can you prove that he was driving when you failed to capture the steering alongside?
It's the Steering wheel that will distinguish the driver from the passenger.😂😂😂
He has a case and can defend himself.
You already know the mess we have in the judiciary and here you are facilitating their actions 😂

If you had posted that & asked us to give your thread a name, many will tag that man a tired passenger 😂😂
You must learn to be smarter especially when you have got limited time to think 🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by skales67(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
I was travelling from abuja to oyo driver was sleeping. Straight i told some assengerss. We scoped him we wanted to urinate.

You don't want to go to heaven again? grin
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by DangoteIvy: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2023
SharingIsLife:
This should be on the crime section.
cool
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Samoranfnf: 2:35am On Nov 14, 2023
Hustle no easy for dis we CUNTREE.

Most of them take like 4 to 6 SACHET of HOT GIN before hitting the road..

It could also be stress from hustle!

If too say na me de front. Na hot SLAP i for use ALERT am!

People's life's are involve bro!

Any mistake na different story we go de hear so..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Pass ewe grin
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 14, 2023
And the best thing which came to your mind was to film him? One day una go make video go meet una creator. You wake him up ASAP! That's what you do!
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by koolaid87: 4:10am On Nov 14, 2023
He was sleeping and instead of you to raise an alarm, you kept quiet and started to record, then decided to alight from the vehicle.

You're a selfish ba5tard
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by zelnababa(m): 4:34am On Nov 14, 2023
You re just selfish, so others should go and die, instead of you to alert others and stop the driver you keep on video him, that is bad altitude oo
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by BestTrades: 5:23am On Nov 14, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 5:55am On Nov 14, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

You had one duty and that was to make the court believe that he is a Driver but you failed.
How can you prove that he was driving when you failed to capture the steering alongside?
It's the Steering wheel that will distinguish the driver from the passenger.😂😂😂
He has a case and can defend himself.
You already know the mess we have in the judiciary and here you are facilitating their actions 😂

If you had posted that & asked us to give your thread a name, many will tag that man a tired passenger 😂😂
You must learn to be smarter especially when you have got limited time to think 🤔🤔

Mumu i cropped the video so you can see the eyes. I captured him in full. You just believe say you get sense. Nothing dey your head. Abi i should send the complete video?
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 5:57am On Nov 14, 2023
PaulH07:

It's his confidence for me, waking up to realize he was sleeping while driving, and continuing to drive calmly like nothing happened.

How where you able to record him without him knowing?

I have recorded police harassing people before. That's not a difficult thing.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by Iagos: 6:01am On Nov 14, 2023
SamuelLoch:

So.you dropped at Oworonshoki and left him at his state with others in the bus.
If something bad had happened, you will share the experience as a testimony in front of a church or with the people around you...

Na wa o!!!

You just assumed that i left him that way.
I never mentioned that i didn't tell other passengers.
The driver wanted to fight me. He swore that he never slept. Who get time to dey argue with lagos driver. I just wanted to be sure he's not sleeping o. Video showed otherwise. I alighted and told others to come down o. Some people thought i was just suspecting him.
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by iammarvellux(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2023
Iagos:

Good observation, truely he had overworked himself, we may not know how many people are depending on him for upkeep. Seriously not easy in this country now.
But Op it looks like you didn't warn or tell him of what you noticed him doing on the wheels. So it can caution him on his subsequent trips..
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by SalamRushdie: 6:20am On Nov 14, 2023
Iagos:

You did the right thing by alighting...such men have killed many
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by reservd(m): 6:59am On Nov 14, 2023
Iagos:

Your well-being? How about other passengers wellbeing, so you alighted without informing others of your observation
Re: I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2023
Iagos:

You didn't raise an alarm or notify other passengers at least and only came down?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / On The Eight Day, God Made The V8: My Journey To 400 HP / Vehicle Veered Into Bush On Oyo-ogbomoso Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.