Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,947 members, 7,903,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector (294 Views)

Free Course In Warehouse Management: Inventory, Stock And Supply Chain / Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / Massive Job Loss Looms In The Banking Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector by WareLogMan(m): 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
I greet all professionals in the Warehousing and Logistics Section.

I work as a warehouse supervisor in an FMCG production Company.
I needs answers to this questions as we do incure shortage of stocks btw one to 3 three cartons per SKUs on a weekly basis while sometimes few excess in which we won't know where it came from and no customer ever complain of them been short Loaded.

From previous work experiences which is not an FMCG, no shortages were incured but in this current and being an FMCG which supplies cut across the whole nations. There are always shortage of stock in the Warehouse and atimes we have excess of few stock items after all projected customers must have been loaded as per daily plan.

My question again for those that work in an FMCG sector, are such shortages and excesses bound to happen. What could have led to such events?

I heard one of my superior say, its an fmcg and bound to have such occurrence but if the shortage is more that a particular quantity then it must be questioned.

I await your responses professionals.
Thank you.

Re: Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector by loveinstore: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2023
Why Does hiring a Field marketing agency Matter?

Field marketing is a set of activities performed by highly skilled marketers that support a client's or company's efforts to build a brand, manage customer relationships, and generate leads. Targeted direct sales promotions, merchandise, auditing, sampling, demonstration, experiential marketing, and planning road shows and events are all examples of field marketing.

"Measurable, face-to-face brand development and customer relationship management through highly trained people" is how the Field Marketing Council defines field marketing. '.

Field marketers must interact with them to inform, educate, influence, and persuade the brand's customer and prospect base to make a purchase decision.

Field marketers engage with clients/prospects at various touchpoints, such as events, trade shows, conferences, webinars, and in-person meetings, in the B2B environment. They have a mix of sales and marketing expertise.

Field marketers are present in the B2C environment in places with a high density of prospects, such as malls, street corners, eateries, gyms, marathons, etc.
Re: Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector by fmcjunior(m): 11:11am On Dec 07, 2023
Shortages and excesses are unavoidable when it comes to physical counting of inventory. Most of them occur due to the arrangement of the warehouse, product formation on pallets and the likes. Whenever I experience these irregularities, I just relax for some few minutes, check if my system entries are accurate and then recount. The differences after counting should be +-5, depending on the size of the inventory to be counted. Say for around 10,000pcs for a particular SKU, difference shouldn't be more than 2. All these are from my experiences working with warehouses. Hope I was able to help.

1 Like

Re: Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector by WareLogMan(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
fmcjunior:
Shortages and excesses are unavoidable when it comes to physical counting of inventory. Most of them occur due to the arrangement of the warehouse, product formation on pallets and the likes. Whenever I experience these irregularities, I just relax for some few minutes, check if my system entries are accurate and then recount. The differences after counting should be +-5, depending on the size of the inventory to be counted. Say for around 10,000pcs for a particular SKU, difference shouldn't be more than 2. All these are from my experiences working with warehouses. Hope I was able to help.

Thanks brother
No other better way to have answered this question. That was helpful.

From your end, how do you treat shortages and excesses that lingers for a very long time.
Do you deduct from the shortages from staffs salary while uour receive in the excess into the system.

Or you make one sku knock out the other so as to balance the stock?
Re: Are These Expected To Happen In Warehouse Of An FMCG Production Sector by fmcjunior(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2023
WareLogMan:

Thanks brother
No other better way to have answered this question. That was helpful.

From your end, how do you treat shortages and excesses that lingers for a very long time.
Do you deduct from the shortages from staffs salary while uour receive in the excess into the system.

Or you make one sku knock out the other so as to balance the stock?
I'll wait a little bit before taking actions, say maybe a week. Especially for excesses, I noticed that some palettes are not complete and the excesses I detected balance up the incomplete palettes. In cases where I don't detect incomplete palettes or customers being short-loaded, the excesses are added back to the inventory. As for shortages, the production team will be penalized for an incomplete palette formation if it was discovered that a customer was not over-loaded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Work From Home Netflix- Starting At $15 Per Hour / Are You Looking For... / A Positive Story About Settling Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.