Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,094 members, 7,939,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi (7785 Views)

Yusuf Gagdi & Baba Hassan Campaign On A Bike In Jos, Plateau State / Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman / 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by GuruboiNaija: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2023
The Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Navy, Hon. Yusuf Gagdi, has described reports in some sections of the media that he called for a probe of President Bola Tinubu over subsidy removal savings as mischievous.

He noted that it is not in his character to use certain words or impute any motive concerning this administration that is working to elevate Nigerians out of poverty and make things work better for the majority of the people.

The report alleged that Gagdi, in an interview with BBC Hausa Service, said the president would be held to account for subsidy removal savings, a claim he has denied.

However, Gagdi, in a statement issued on Sunday, urged the media to be thorough in its reporting and not lose its integrity, especially when it involves translation.

The lawmaker maintained: “The report quoting me to have allegedly said President Tinubu would be probed over the subsidy removal was misleading.

“Nothing can be farther from the truth in that news report. I granted an interview with BBC Hausa Service wherein I made the point that it was imperative for the fuel subsidy to go as it was only enriching a few privileged and rich individuals to the exclusion of the majority of Nigerians.”

The lawmaker explained that in the said interview, which was in Hausa, he applauded the courage of the President for removing the subsidy and not buckling under pressure from some quarters for the reversal of the fuel subsidy.

He further explained that he acknowledged savings from the subsidy and reiterated the need for prudent spending so that the majority of Nigerians could enjoy the dividends of the subsidy removal.

Gagdi noted that he was, however, taken aback by the sensational headline in the media.

He added: “It is most irresponsible, reckless, and designed to pitch me against our hardworking, committed President and his Renewed Hope Agenda.

“For the avoidance of doubt, as a parliamentarian and one of the longest serving ones at that, I have remained committed to my party, APC, its aspirations, and most importantly, the objective of President Tinubu to renew hope and make our country work again.

“Owing to the immense esteem in which I hold the president, I voluntarily stepped down from the speakership race when I was directed to.”
https://.ng/2023/11/13/i-did-not-call-for-tinubus-probe-house-committee-chairman-gagdi/

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Bobloco: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2023
He has chickened out

10 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Mynd44: 6:46am On Nov 13, 2023
Bobloco:
He has chickened out
It isn't about chickening out. It is a matter of quoting people to what they actually said.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Bobloco: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2023
Mynd44:

It isn't about chickening out. It is a matter of quoting people to what they actually said.

Mynd44, he chickened out after being threatened by Tinubu

Below are his words, now tell me how he was quoted out of context

“Despite my support for subsidy removal, there will come a time when I will ask Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu), on behalf of the Nigerian people, about the savings from the removal of subsidy. We have been signing for these savings since the Buhari administration, and they have totaled 1, 6, and 10 trillion naira. What will the Nigerian people see physically done with these monies?

“I swear that there will come a time when we will hold the Nigerian government accountable for its actions. We will ask them what they did with these monies.

“If fuel subsidy is removed, the poor should see the results in the form of renovated roads, new schools, new hospitals, and the establishment of new companies. This will create jobs for Nigerians so that they will not have to rely on the government for handouts.”

19 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Eriggs: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Igbos journalists and fake news sha...

Isobug:

Are you not tired.....fro Buhari change, we see nothing. You have started again with the Druggie in power. Are you not ashamed. Political jobber
Isobug sobug enyimba enyi..
Isobug, enyimba enyi..

Dem MANNA comment give am instant heart attack grin grin grin.
Him begin instant and constant wailings grin grin.
Una go wail tire for 16 years, una neck go loooong grin

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Yankiss(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
This one is chicken politician. People in the right position to ask questions and effect change are too cowed to make the right comments and take the right actions. A lot is happening. But one day is one day, the bubble will burst in a kind of revolution and the centre cannot hold again.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by 3seriez(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
grin. Lol. This one has been warned. grin

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Fear fear! We lack men with balls in the parliament!

So it's wrong to ask Tinubu to give account of subsidy removal

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Enemies of the nation and stupid rumors.....

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Fcwilly: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Are you scared of your word? Stand your ground be a man,

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by omoredia: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2023
Hehe see as im be like masquerade

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2023
Most importantly, the objective of President Tinubu is to renew hope and make our country work again.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Isobug: 6:55am On Nov 13, 2023
He should be probed..... Bad people in government
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Isobug: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2023
post=126938243:
Most importantly, the objective of President Tinubu to renew hope and make our country work again.
Are you not tired.....fro Buhari change, we see nothing. You have started again with the Druggie in power. Are you not ashamed. Political jobber

10 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by bewla(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2023
What if you did is he above the law
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by omoadeleye(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Baba fear for him head

He saw that no one ever fought with Tinubu and not go into oblivion with their political career.

😂 The silent of Tinubu is the beginning of wisdom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by marlow1962(m): 6:58am On Nov 13, 2023
O
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by bewla(m): 6:58am On Nov 13, 2023
Isobug:

He does not need to be because he believes
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by SharpBrandin: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2023
Q

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by datola: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2023
The way they fear Tinubu hen..
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Sabadon(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2023
undecided

Call him out with your full chest nothing go happen, kleptomaniac president
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Enemyofpeace: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2023
Spineless old fool

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by jeromestarks: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
I've been hearing about this Gagdi. I don't think this guy is up to 40.
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Liscolite1: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Baba dey fear
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by AzaHub(f): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Amazing.

Meanwhile, you heard of Aza gems?

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by chuose2: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2023
Druggie must be probed
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by UptownVibes(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2023
One man can't fight corruption in Nigeria,because 99.9% of the country population survives ,earn their living from corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by ecolime(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Fear fear! We lack men with balls in the parliament!

So it's wrong to ask Tinubu to give account of subsidy removal
It's not wrong to ask Tinubu to give account. He is a public officer being entrusted with the leadership of our country.

As for men who lack balls, what are the elected LP members doing? They were voted to be the change.

What change have they brought? It sure looks like they are GBAJUEs truly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
Re: I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi by adesegun121(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Mistress: Orji Kalu Plans Swift Exit From The Us ! / Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.