Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,331 members, 7,881,235 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:52 PM

Scam Alert; Fake Untouchable Comedian’s Facebook Account Set Up To Scam People - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert; Fake Untouchable Comedian’s Facebook Account Set Up To Scam People (1296 Views)

Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Man Arrested For Using An Empty Banana Island House To Scam A Porsche Seller / Yahoo Boy Who Posed As US Army Officer To Scam Ladies Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert; Fake Untouchable Comedian’s Facebook Account Set Up To Scam People by Nigeria360tv: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2023
Yesterday, I wrote, TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A PINCH OF SALT. I have a practical example why we all need to take everything we hear particularly on social media with a pinch of salt.

Yesterday evening while scanning through Facebook, I saw a post that it was the Birthday of UNTOUCHABLE COMEDIAN. I like him..I watch him a lot. No big deal therefore sending him a birthday greeting. In Naija we greet a lot.

Some minutes later, I got a message in my Messenger from UNTOUCHABLE. Very impressive, he is engaging with a fan.

It soon changed to a question and answer. Everybody on social media knows UNTOUCHABLE always does giveaways. He gives people on the street hundreds of thousands with pranks. This idiot said he wanted me to take a kindness test.

At this time I became curious. I went to the profile and discovered the account had only one like. The original UNTOUCHABLE has 4.5 million likes so I knew something was up. Nobody will abandon a thriving account and risk opening a new one.

I decided to play along. I told him I was ready to take the test. He said ok. He preached about helping strangers. He told me about a sick woman who needed help. He sent the account details of a woman on sickbed visited by UNTOUCHABLE. Very convincing, to prove that the account owner is personally know to UNTOUCHABLE and he is raising funds for her.

He said once I send money to her, I should forward my account details for a windfall from UNTOUCHABLE.

Very good. I told him to give me some time, later I said I was checking my balance. He must have thought he had a mugu. When the rigmarole continued for too long, he abandoned me and I believe went in search of another customer.

Yesterday, I know many people will fall. It looked good and believable, something worth giving a try. Who knows, it might be real.. People have lost their house rent and children’s school fees to such flash in the pan schemes. Reality steps in when the person blocks your number. You feel so stupid you can not share with others.

Try to think everything through these days. Never be in too much in a hurry to commit funds to any scheme. Ask questions. Seek third party opinions. Somebody else close to you might have had the same experience, you will learn from them.

The year is going to an end, street boys need free money. Don’t let them use your hard earned cash to smoke Shisha and drink Champagne in night clubs. Learn to apply wisdom.

Again I tell you, take everything with a pinch of salt. I am a man of faith. I believe in MIRACLES and BREAKTHROUGHS, but I also believe in hardwork and common Sense.
Do not lose the little you have to con men because you are chasing a MIRACLE. shine your eyes well ooh. A bird in hand is worth twenty in the bush.

By; Al Humphrey Onyanabo (The StoryTeller)
Tel; 07054674906
Email; Nigeria360online@gmail.com

Re: Scam Alert; Fake Untouchable Comedian’s Facebook Account Set Up To Scam People by luxurious121(m): 3:38am On Feb 11
I was scammed with this method

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police: Your Friend? / Rape! Will You Ever Forgive? / Help! My Husband Is A "pusher", What Can I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.