Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,609 members, 7,929,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 08:36 AM

Web4africa Problems - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web4africa Problems (735 Views)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Pls How Genuine Is WEB4AFRICA? / Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web4africa Problems by LexDaBest: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
I have a reseller account with Web4Africa and even since i signed up with them, its been one problem to another. Currently my sites and that of my clients have not been showing for 2days now. Can Someone please beg them to help me rectify this problem quickly. To make things worse their customer service line is not just going through. angry
Re: Web4africa Problems by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
Even their website seems to be offline.
Re: Web4africa Problems by bros12345: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2011
Have u tried to contact their customer support? Until you exaust all measures to have them help you, its not wise to mis label them here. Thanks
Re: Web4africa Problems by yamakuza: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
^ We should learn to be courteous and professional.

Nothing stops them from issuing a press release via Twitter or FaceBook.

Who better to tell your story than you, rather than having to do damage control like SmartWeb after the Jos crisis.

You dont want to know the ripple effect of this gross act of negligence.
Re: Web4africa Problems by DualCore1: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
i wont round this up as gross negligence just yet. it may be they never had a recovery plan as a result of ignorance or the belief that their server (normally i wld say servers but. . .) wont crash. my advice to all affected is that you should give them some time to get back while you start cooking up your plan B. no need bugging their support now, they are obviously aware of the outage and directing your rage at their support lines will just lead to more chaos. relax guys, its not the end of the world, RIM was down for 72 hours and we didnt die.
Re: Web4africa Problems by yamakuza: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
1. Neglecting to carry their customers along, or failure to have a crisis mgt plan

2. They should have at least 3 servers minimum, based on their recent acquisitions. Not to talk of those they sell.

Cant imagine how they could all go down. Dont want to believe they are all down at once.

This is supposed to be the biggest webhost in west and/or subsaharan Africa.

They should set the pace in Best Practices. Moreso with their Ghanian Heritage.

Anyway, this is Nigeria so anything goes.

I dont have a problem with their being down. I have a problem with the lack of communication, causing sleepless nights and possibly lawsuits for their end users.
Re: Web4africa Problems by LexDaBest: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
They are back now! I just hope they don't go down again without warning or a least communicating with their clients. Maybe i need to work on my plan B fast undecided
Re: Web4africa Problems by DualCore1: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2011
if you expect your host swrvice provider to have a plan b it is only reasonable that you have a plan b. you cannot have an effective plan b if your domain is not independent of its host.
Re: Web4africa Problems by bros12345: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2011
The first thing everyone ought to do is backup their websites and keep local copies on your computer. Beleive me, this might be your best decision of the century if you read this.

(1) (Reply)

-- / Stubborn Virus.how Do I Get Rid Of Them? / Please Where And How Can I Get Website Design Jobs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.