Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,076 members, 7,977,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:51 PM

I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) (34238 Views)

Chioma Ajunwa Decorated Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Mohisah: 2:16am On Nov 14, 2023
motine:
Chelsea gave him the success.
Na Enugu rangers fr gv am bfr?😁
Mikel is big
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Pathfinder2090: 2:22am On Nov 14, 2023
Formularcr7:
Kanu is the most successful,papilo is ahead of him in individual awards and even trophies won

Kanu didn’t win AFCON
But Mikel did
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Addme: 2:31am On Nov 14, 2023
No doubt about that.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Alpharey: 2:56am On Nov 14, 2023
jmoore:
There are many players that won a medal/trophy sitting on the bench.

Mikel was just an average player.

What!? For a guy that actually played full time in the UCL final that he won. Needless talking about other important matches he featured on. Enemies everywhere.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Alpharey: 2:59am On Nov 14, 2023
Emmexguy123:
You got everything free of charge and without contributing anything.

Mikel Obi has the highest Bench in Chelsea.

Lies, he played most of the games enroute UCL finals and he actually played full time in the UCL final that he won
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Alpharey: 3:10am On Nov 14, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
MIKEL dey mad.
Where will he place Kanu Nwankwo..?
What was his influence In all these Tournaments?
While he was busy giving eternal back passes, Kanu was torturing Argentina and Brazil ....
This was the Original Brazil & not what we have today.
It's an Insult to compare a BACK PASS striker to an actual tormentor of Argentina, Spain and Brazil.
MIKEL should be cautioned oooo.
He's Mad again
But it has not gotten to fight. Hia!🙉🙉

1 Like

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by neatguy: 3:10am On Nov 14, 2023
The fact remains that Mikel is still the most successful and decorated Nigeria footballer and most of his haters who compare and rate him below certain players are simply Anambra hating, fellow Igbos who just hate him because he is from Anambra, plain and simple.

If Mikel were to come from Enugu or Imo state, no player would be compared to him with all the decorations he got unless the person raising such argument would be roasted by online molesters.

If you watched the scintillating moments of Mikel on the pitch, you would not but understand why Chelsea kept him for up to 10yrs even as champions in England.

If you think it's easy, go to Manchester City now as it stands today and sit on the bench for 10 years, let's see how you are going to do that.

1 Like

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by kendrick93(m): 3:10am On Nov 14, 2023
Kanu is the most decorated.
Team plus personal achievements, Nwankwo has no Rival
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Alpharey: 3:11am On Nov 14, 2023
gebest:
Don't worry Osimhen will soon take over.

Future terms...
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Blacktruth: 3:23am On Nov 14, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Anytime I see Mikel's wife my prick stands.

Topic changer , Weldon oOoo
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by geoworldedu: 3:27am On Nov 14, 2023
tuzle:
he isn't the most decorated. Kanu has everything Mikel won. The only thing I can think of that kanu didn't win is club world cup. It seems kanu didn't also win africa nations cup
Mikel didn't win club world cup too.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by geoworldedu: 3:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Pathfinder2090:

Kanu didn’t win AFCON
But Mikel did
Kanu won Olympics but Mikel didn't. Kanu was African best player of the year twice, Mikel wasn't close.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by geoworldedu: 3:34am On Nov 14, 2023
Ken5566:
One thing with this statement,is that Kanu won more trophies and individual medals while Mikel won everything in club football, don't forget Mikel has an Olympic medal .
Kanu never won African cup of nations while Mikel did.
Mikel stayed more in the bench when Anthony Conte told him not to honor Nigeria invitation for confederation cup or Olympics but he refused, so when he came back the coach decided to be benching him.
Mikel did not win Olympic Gold Medal, Kanu did. Get your facts right please. Kanu won two champions League, Mikel didn't . Kanu won African best player of the year twice, Mikel didn't.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by casualobserver: 3:36am On Nov 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lol

It is not always "fake"
If you live abroad for long and only speak with foreigners .It will happen to some extent because we pronounce some words differently.
Some people just take it too far

It doesn't only happen with English
Even in Yoruba people who come to Lagos from the hinterland change the way they speak with time.
I have studied the phenomenon a bit and listened to recordings of how Nigerians spoke in the 50s and 60s

People had nearly British accents without leaving Nigeria because they had British teachers
E.g listen to the famous Sardauna of Sokoto interview he probably spent one year or two in the UK

Listen to Soyinka and Achebe in this old video

One might say they sound fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uys3XuJBnro

damola1:

My guy. It’s not fake for mikel o… he don’t live in 9ja o.. even wife and pickins are whitty o

Is he the only one that lives abroad? Has he spent as many years abroad as Okocha or Kanu? We know those who have been in the Uk longer than him, they don’t have funny accent, they have the same accent they have when they left for the Uk. Has he been abroad as long as Okonjo Iweala?

It is a fake accent, I was born in the uk, i cam back as a 5 yr old before again leaving, I spent more years in the uk than he has been there, I have a Nigerian accent. We know those who have been there longer than him. Don’t tell me what I know. It is a fake accent , it is an accent that betrays inferiority complex probably because of his background.

As for the Soyinkas and the Achebes, they were Colonial era Nigerians brought up to speak queens English. They were programmed to speak that way. In their days they not only studied English, many of that era also studied English phonetics/diction as a subject in school…it used to be called oral English. A slave colonial mentality concept. I am sure it has since been scrapped. Nigerians who were brought up in Nigeria post independence and who spent their formative years in Nigeria do not have fake accents.

Once you spent your formative years in Nigeria, your accent is fixed. Anyone who has lived abroad will tell you the difference between someone with a fake accent and someone with an inferiority complex seeking acceptance by white. Obis accent is a product of an inferiority complex. Bush man from the ghetto trying to sound like Oyinbo. You rarely see people properly educated with good social status/background speak with a fake accent….like I said it,s a clear sign of insecurity and an inferiority complex.

Can he be more Oyinbo than odemwinge? Odenwinge get fake accent? Abeg stop this nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by MasterTee007: 3:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Please kids...stay off drugs cos Mikel is smoking something. Anyone alive that witnessed Atlanta 96 know who the greatest Super Eagles player is and was. I posted his pic below with me.

Truths9ja:
"I am still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria"

- Mikel Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioYzAk09D0?si=OPE1PtwD94iYb5vt

1 Like

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Lonepair1: 3:48am On Nov 14, 2023
Hello .
If you wish to learn or become profitable trading the financial market(Forex ) .
Kindly send me a DM
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by sajiwere(m): 4:27am On Nov 14, 2023
Proverbs 27:2
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."

I think you are right! 👍

quote author=DesChyko post=126953358]Mikel no suppose talk this thing for outside o.

Kanu dust the shiiiit out of am 🤣🤣[/quote]
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by OkamGoodluck1: 4:28am On Nov 14, 2023
Mikel
Our Legend

Maintaining a positive vibes after retirement
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by sajiwere(m): 4:29am On Nov 14, 2023
Proverbs 27:2
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips."

Oga leave the debate for fans na

quote author=Truths9ja post=126951729]"I am still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria"

- Mikel Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioYzAk09D0?si=OPE1PtwD94iYb5vt[/quote]
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by iajour(m): 4:30am On Nov 14, 2023
Obviously he is right
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Watoni2T(m): 4:44am On Nov 14, 2023
superjaks:
I think Kanu Nwankwo is the most decorated Nigerian player
You are right. Mikel is no where near him
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by diamond68: 4:46am On Nov 14, 2023
casualobserver:

Is he the only one that lives abroad? Has he spent as many years abroad as Okocha or Kanu? We know those who have been in the Uk longer than him, they don’t have funny accent, they have the same accent they have when they left for the Uk. Has he been abroad as long as Okonjo Iweala?

It is a fake accent, I was born in the uk, i cam back as a 5 yr old before again leaving, I spent more years in the uk than he has been there, I have a Nigerian accent. We know those who have been there longer than him. Don’t tell me what I know. It is a fake accent , it is an accent that betrays inferiority complex probably because of his background.

As for the Soyinkas and the Achebes, they were Colonial era Nigerians brought up to speak queens English. They were programmed to speak that way. In their days they not only studied English, many of that era also studied English phonetics/diction as a subject in school…it used to be called oral English. A slave colonial mentality concept. I am sure it has since been scrapped. Nigerians who were brought up in Nigeria post independence and who spent their formative years in Nigeria do not have fake accents.

Once you spent your formative years in Nigeria, your accent is fixed. Anyone who has lived abroad will tell you the difference between someone with a fake accent and someone with an inferiority complex seeking acceptance by white. Obis accent is a product of an inferiority complex. Bush man from the ghetto trying to sound like Oyinbo. You rarely see people properly educated with good social status/background speak with a fake accent….like I said it,s a clear sign of insecurity and an inferiority complex.

Can he be more Oyinbo than odemwinge? Odenwinge get fake accent? Abeg stop this nonsense.
bro trying to sound civilized is not the property of whites. everybody who wants to be somebody in life all make sure they stamp out their regional accents and try to be as neutral as possible, michael jordan did it ( you should hear his country accent, very awful ), mohammed ali, malcolm x, martin luther king jr etc etc they all did it. even in the uk the scottish and irish have to lose their accent if they want to be taken seriously. mikels accent is better than his regional accent. i mean do you want him sounding like a local champion ? mikel is the greatest example of an igbo man, gentle and polished
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by vanunu: 4:46am On Nov 14, 2023
Emmanuel Amuneke and the other guy from Monaco even pass Mikel.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Biddy15: 4:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Bannedlargedx2: 5:09am On Nov 14, 2023
geoworldedu:

Kanu won Olympics but Mikel didn't. Kanu was African best player of the year twice, Mikel wasn't close.

Mikel got 2nd in 2013
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Whalis: 5:13am On Nov 14, 2023
superjaks:
I think Kanu Nwankwo is the most decorated Nigerian player
I agree with you. Kanu earned his own as a front line player. Mikel earned most of his own on the bench.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by iampeterben(m): 5:25am On Nov 14, 2023
Dey deceive yourself there.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by orohbirodeysmel: 5:28am On Nov 14, 2023
DesChyko:
Mikel no suppose talk this thing for outside o.

Kanu dust the shiiiit out of am 🤣🤣

Did Kanu win Nations cup, winning Nations cup made Mikel bigger than him.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by orohbirodeysmel: 5:31am On Nov 14, 2023
neatguy:
The fact remains that Mikel is still the most successful and decorated Nigeria footballer and most of his haters who compare and rate him below certain players are simply Anambra hating, fellow Igbos who just hate him because he is from Anambra, plain and simple.

If Mikel were to come from Enugu or Imo state, no player would be compared to him with all the decorations he got unless the person raising such argument would be roasted by online molesters.

If you watched the scintillating moments of Mikel on the pitch, you would not but understand why Chelsea kept him for up to 10yrs even as champions in England.

If you think it's easy, go to Manchester City now as it stands today and sit on the bench for 10 years, let's see how you are going to do that.

Mikel big pass Kanu by winning Nations cup. As for Anambra haters, I don't know that one..I am just glad they are comparing him with Kanu, who is still another Igbo player.

If they say, it's Kanu then no problem na still Igbo be GOAT of both Men and Women's football in Nigeria
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Hausa(m): 5:45am On Nov 14, 2023
thedio:
Kanu Nwankwo is the most successful Nigeria player Mikel. Mikel is a great player no doubt but to me, he did not fulfill his full potential.
The Mikel I watched in U-17 and 20 was quite diff from Chelsea Mikel. Mikel can only bask in the glory of Chelsea no individual award except the U-20 silver
Finally, someone had to say it.
I maintain everytime that the Mikel of the u20 wc 2005 was a beast in midfield. And was different.

Once he went to Chelsea, he lost that edge due to competition. And overcompensation must've ruined his game too.
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by fredoooooo: 5:49am On Nov 14, 2023
Skippo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blue Cards In Football Is Being Considered / Top Five: Nigerian Clubs Of The Decade / Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.