Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,773 members, 7,882,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Birthday Present (Part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Birthday Present (Part 1) (175 Views)

[part 1-4] Craving For Older Men – Late Night Fun Story (18+) / Naughty Popo In School (part 1) / Part 1 Sex Between Me & Son (18+ Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Birthday Present (Part 1) by Storymack: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2023
The alarm clock woke me up but I wasn't ready to get out of bed. I was still tired from hosting, Hephzibah, my second daughter's 9th birthday party which was in full swing.

There were many of other things to be done this morning, like; cleaning the yard, sorting present and settling some after bills.

I rolled out of bed after shutting my alarm. My husband was still snoring, just like me he had a rough day yesterday. I wore my glasses and saw my room properly for the first time that morning. In one corner of the corner of the room there was a stash of birthday presents for Hephzibah.

I made my way downstairs, the living room that one of my maids was cleaning. She greeted me and I replied stiffly. I wanted to drag her attention to a part on the ground that wasn't scrubbed properly, but noises coming from the kitchen distracted me.

"Are you mad or crazy, I said you didn't prepare this well" the angry time of my eldest daughter, Sophie rang through the house. I could feel myself getting angry myself, who was that idiot making my daughter this angry?

I entered the kitchen ready to pounce on the person annoying my daughter and it was Dorcas, the maid responsible for cooking.

"What is happening here?" I asked.

"Good morning ma" Dorcas greeted.

"Can you answer my question, what is happening here?"

"Ma na Sophie o, she come this morning come de ask say make I do toasted bread, I do the bread well but she talk she no wan chop am"

(Ma its Sophie, she asked that I prepare her toasted bread this morning, I prepared the bread well but she refused to eat it)

"You cannot even speak English" Sophie laughed, and I could see Dorcas boiling in anger.

"This your pikin no get respect, I don de tolerate her nonsense since but-" I slapped her half way into her useless complain. She looked shocked but I was happy to have restored order in my house.

Anybody below my standard has no right to address any of my children in that manner, not when I am alive.

TO Be Continued
https://storymack.com.ng/birthday-present-part-2/
Re: Birthday Present (Part 1) by Jrueteo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
Choosing the perfect birthday present involves thoughtful consideration of the recipient's interests and preferences. Whether it's a heartfelt card, a cherished book, or a surprise experience, the goal is to make the day memorable and special. Personalized gifts, like custom artwork or engraved items, add a unique touch. The thoughtfulness behind the present reflects the depth of the relationship, making the birthday celebration even more meaningful.

(1) (Reply)

. / IWA Mourns The Passing Of Renowned Folklorist Jimi Solanke / A Pregnant Woman Was Abandoned By Her Fiance And She Had To Work As A Nurse An

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.