Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Stories Of Two Adulterous Women - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Stories Of Two Adulterous Women (124 Views)

With The Stories You Have Heard, Do You Believe Reincarnation Is Real? / 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman / Don Zino Osieme: List Of Adulterous Pastors & Politicians In Isoko, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Stories Of Two Adulterous Women by olamidemike: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
This post seeks to compare and contrast the decisions or judgements of Jesus and Muhammad regarding two different adulterous women. While one advocates forgiveness while highlighting the hypocrisy of men (i.e. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone), the other advocates unforgiving judgement and condemnation. It appears that in Islam, to be purified of a sin regardless of your repentance, you must serve the punishment even if it meant death.

The Book Pertaining to Punishments Prescribed by Islam (Kitab Al-Hudud)

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 17:

Book 017, Number 4206:

'Abdullah b. Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Ma'iz b. Malik al-A

…He (the narrator) said: There came to him (the Holy Prophet) a woman from Ghamid and said: Allah's Messenger, I have committed adultery, so purify me. He (the Holy Prophet) turned her away. On the following day she said: Allah's Messenger, Why do you turn me away? Perhaps, you turn me away as you turned away Ma'iz. By Allah, I have become pregnant. He said: Well, if you insist upon it, then go away until you give birth to (the child). When she was delivered she came with the child (wrapped) in a rag and said: Here is the child whom I have given birth to. He said: Go away and suckle him until you wean him. When she had weaned him, she came to him (the Holy Prophet) with the child who was holding a piece of bread in his hand. She said: Allah's Apostle, here is he as I have weaned him and he eats food. He (the Holy Prophet) entrusted the child to one of the Muslims and then pronounced punishment. And she was put in a ditch up to her chest and he commanded people and they stoned her. Khalid b Walid came forward with a stone which he flung at her head and there spurted blood on the face of Khalid and so he abused her. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) heard his (Khalid's) curse that he had huried upon her. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Khalid, be gentle. By Him in Whose Hand is my life, she has made such a repentance that even if a wrongful tax-collector were to repent, he would have been forgiven. Then giving command regarding her, he prayed over her and she was buried.

Huge difference from the Gospel of John and how Jesus dealt with an adulterous woman.

John 8:3–11

3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” 6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.

9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

https://www.quora.com/Did-prophet-Muhammad-stone-a-woman-to-death

(1) (Reply)

This Is Sad. / Transfer Of Anointing I / Happy Hanukkah 2023!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.