Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,213 members, 7,903,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira (25344 Views)

Ogun Pastor, Akinsanya Welcome Twins After 18 Years / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2011
Oluchia:

What kind of human beings do we av in this country?? OP is concernd about his 18 yr old brother who is obviously involvd in some shady business, and some people are here saying poster is jealous. I cant believe this! This boy is 18 for crying out loud and a school cert holder for that matter! If my 23yr old brother who is a graduate but an applicant suddenly starts throwing money around without any tangible and legal source of income, i will be concerned talkless of an 18yr. What sort of biz is he into that he cant be transparent about if it is legal? This is why this country will remain where it is. Tomorrow we'll be blaming corrupt politicians and the likes of them but here we are, busy calling OP jealous. Nonsense.  

Thx Oluchi,am just amazed hw ppl think, if he can explain to me hw he got this money then i will know how best to assist him manage it, it is acquired on a legitimate source,if not i will not condone any act that will bring disgrace to name of the family.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Parisgoodman(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2011
what are u guyz talking? its u guyz dat are complainin that people wil suffer coz of subsidy removal n a lad of 18 just made his way thru u are saying its shady, let me ask, who is not doing shady tinz in d country? from pastors thru legislathieves down 2 d beggar. @ op, envy kills faster than aids, i'm happy 4 ya bro duh i dont knw him coz he has just broken from d norm! somebody will benefit from him(if u dont wanna). cheesr,
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by asha80(m): 9:41am On Oct 28, 2011
on a more serious note poster never in your life report your brother to efcc because if he finds out that you reported him then you would have drawn the line for future battle lines amongst brothers or future family members.

try and be advising him and also your parents that are supporting him on the dangers of what he is doing.he is 18 now and it is understandable if the money he is making is making him arrogant.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Sijo01(f): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2011
Op,
gim mi his number!
tongue tongue
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Basildon1(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2011
All you can do is advise him and tell the family of your suspicions. You will be a real envious buff[b]oo[/b]n if you actually go report him to EFCC (you have no proof and he will pay them off to teach u a good lesson)

He is old enough to face the consequence of his actions. Mind your business and face your life!!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2011
Oluchia:

What kind of human beings do we av in this country?? OP is concernd about his 18 yr old brother who is obviously involvd in some shady business, and some people are here saying poster is jealous. I cant believe this! This boy is 18 for crying out loud and a school cert holder for that matter! If my 23yr old brother who is a graduate but an applicant suddenly starts throwing money around without any tangible and legal source of income, i will be concerned talkless of an 18yr. What sort of biz is he into that he cant be transparent about if it is legal? This is why this country will remain where it is. Tomorrow we'll be blaming corrupt politicians and the likes of them but here we are, busy calling OP jealous. Nonsense.  
Can't you sense jealousy from the poster? He even went that far saying his younger brother has taken over his place as the breadwinner. And besides, does the fact that your 23yr old brother is younger than you automatically implies he can never make it before you?
I don't support making money from dubious activities, but the notion that it is a taboo when a young man makes money is wrong. The young man must have explained the source of his sudden wealth to his parents and decided to put the jealous brother out of the game.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by maclatunji: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2011
OP, live your life separate from him and your parents. Give him brotherly advice; if he rejects it let him be. Stay clear of him and his money to make a clear statement. You can only do your best and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2011
@OP

So you want to snitch on your Blood brother to the Feds?!

Just cos a brother is getting paid and you aint?! Thats some cane and Abel shi't right there and I'm telling Abel to merk your snitching as's before you get him doing time in kirikiri out of jealousy and envy.

That makes you a bitc'h as's and if I had your brithers connect, I'll tell him what you are up to and offer to merk you for 1miilion Naira.  angry

I hate snitc'hes and rats, especially those that are supposed to be family.

RULE #1:: Never go against the family.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gentlegg(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2011
Since you've talked to him and your parents, but they are more concerned with the money than the source, you've done your part by talking, show to be happy with the money so that the family will not see you as been jealous or envy. If the source of the money backfires tomorrow, you can boldly tell them that you warned earlier on.

Somebody suggested acting EFCC stuff, please never try it, never. Anything you do beyond talking will be faulted, after all, your brother is 18/an adult.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Kx: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2011
Why are you surprised?
This is the society we live in.
He either made a yahoo windfall, armed robbery loot or some others.
The "mugu" victim of your brothers hit is crying somewhere.
If you were the victim, wont you report your brother to seek justice?
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2011
If you want my opinion, I will say this:

Your brother has made the money already, he cant return it back even if you report to silly corrupt EFCC. If you are sincere in your quest, introduce him to a tangible area of investment to legalize his funds. He has the interest of the family at heart, so I know you cant deny the fact that there is an element of jealousy there. But what you can do is call him to a beer session and tell him you are proud of him but tell him your reservations and suggestions. You cant correct or caution him while you are angry and far from him, to catch a thief, you must act like one. Poverty is a curse, be happy for the facelift of the family.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by OneNaija(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2011
@ Poster, Get a life. Leave d small boy to enjoy e money. Abeg for Nigeria Yahoo Yahoo is no man business. Govt dey chop money No body dey talk. E won beta ur family life, You dey complain, abeg if e pain you go jump for Lagoon.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by spyder880(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2011
I also support not reporting to the EFCC, but we know this is the major problem with this country, when the governor embezzles money, we squeel blue murder, but if the governor is our bother, friend or associate, we justify the action. Thank God the poster is not justifying this, let him just stay away from it all, I dont think saying that the younger brother has taken over the breadwinner role is borne out of jealousy, that comment may be seen as thankful statement, who wan suffer before, abeg can somebody take away my own role so I can spend all the dosh on my self, lol.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2011
LeoMax:

If you want my opinion, I will say this:

Your brother has made the money already, he cant return it back even if you report to silly corrupt EFCC. If you are sincere in your quest, introduce him to a tangible area of investment to legalize his funds. He has the interest of the family at heart, so I know you cant deny the fact that there is an element of jealousy there. But what you can do is call him to a beer session and tell him you are proud of him but tell him your reservations and suggestions. You cant correct or caution him while you are angry and far from him, to catch a thief, you must act like one. Poverty is a curse, be happy for the facelift of the family.

You realixe this is money laundering right?! And its also a crime as well.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by blank(f): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2011
Personally i would av reported him to EFCC. If u are too lily livered to do that, then simply separate yourself from him and stop asking him questions. The less u know the better. If the police later start asking questions, make dem no detain u in the place of ur brother.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Pukkah: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2011
OneNaija:

@ Poster,    Get a life. Leave d small boy to enjoy e money. Abeg for Nigeria Yahoo Yahoo is no man business. Govt dey chop money No body dey talk. E won beta your family life, You dey complain, abeg if e pain you go jump for Lagoon.

I shake my head for this country.  What an opinion!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 28, 2011
From the response on this thread I can clearly see that many pips on NL are into yahoo yahoo. see how dem dey support evil.

Guy it is a tough one to choose between family and right thing to do, but a times in life you'v got to eat raw poison just to take side with family. Like someone clearly advised don't draw a battle with your bros. Call your family together in that meeting state your mind tactfully and at same time give him investment advice that would help him look the other way. coz the truth is in as much as you don't want him to get involve in something illegal, he sure would run out of his so called millions sooner. As he runs out of it, so will his taste for more increase and his likely to get himself into bigger trouble just to maintain his current life style. Forget that he is 18, he is just a kid. Good luck bro, keep a clean heart towards him.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by doctokwus: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2011
A jobless 18yr buys car worth N5m and claims its part of benevolence frm friend based abroad.(1)Forget those claims,no person in d states can afford to 'dash' s/bdy dat amt of mony,unless d person too is into sth shady.(2)It says a lot of how morally bankrupt,corrupt and low we av sunk in nigeria that a parent will c his jobless son getting expensive things and living big overnight without questioning d source of income.
For d op its a tricky position u find urself:at this stage ur bro may evn b dangerous to u if he finds u are trying to block his wealth pipe and d power its now giving him,also every other person may take a hatred to u if they find out d same,they will say afterall that's d way many acquired their wealth and he is using his to uplift his family.
Thread softly,try to av concrete proof of d illegality of his wealth,confront him and make him c why his path is wrong,but honestly this kind of people are not persuaded by words,only being nabbed by law enforcement agents brings them back to their senses
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2011
My only problem with reporting him to EFCC is that you are not sure how big his ring members are. Your brother might just be an errand boy and if you involve EFCC sure with their money they will pay their way out and you might be the one sitting in jail on their behalf. Nigeria is one country where with money you can send anyone behind bars.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by JTapping: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2011
I do not condone fraud in anyway, but what do you think EFCC in Nigeria will do? They will sing hallelujah and see your brother as a vine yard and will even encourage him in what ever he is doing so that they will keep coming for their own cuts.Don't be surprised if you are eventually questioned by the authority. The best is to talk to him and maybe get people with a sincere mind that will ask him to stop.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by gascoign1(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2011
woodcook:

From the response on this thread I can clearly see that many pips on NL are into yahoo yahoo. see how dem dey support evil.

Guy it is a tough one to choose between family and right thing to do, but a times in life you'v got to eat raw poison just to take side with family. Like someone clearly advised don't draw a battle with your bros. Call your family together in that meeting state your mind tactfully and at same time give him investment advice that would help him look the other way. coz the truth is in as much as you don't want him to get involve in something illegal, he sure would run out of his so called millions sooner. As he runs out of it, so will his taste for more increase and his likely to get himself into bigger trouble just to maintain his current life style. Forget that he is 18, he is just a kid. Good luck bro, keep a clean heart towards him.

Thx bro,my fear for my broda is setting a high standard for himself and the family which am very sure he can not maintain if he is in to sum shady deals
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by 8686(m): 10:19am On Oct 28, 2011
Dear OP,

The Candid advice I'll offer you is look for a means of advising your kid brother on finding a means of investing what he has gotten for now and re-brand himself by going legit. I'm not supporting yahoo yahoo but would you have preferred him hanging out with miscreants in the streets and the report you're hearing of him is some form of trouble or the other? Do u honestly want to know how many graduates n talents are wasting away daily because there's no room for them to function? Consider him lucky and the best you can do for him is get him back on tracks by advising him to keep studying and starting a business by the side. You will live to regret it if you report him to efcc and he finds out you did it. And to worsen it all, don't be surprised that for the right price your brother will walk out of the coffers of EFCC. You're not jealous OP, my guess is you're worried and integrity means something to you. Once again i don't support the yahoo yahoo thingy but i know it has helped curb cultism to a large extent and reduced armed robbery around where i live.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 10:19am On Oct 28, 2011
woodcook:

Wrong impression bro.

he sure would run out of his so called millions sooner. As he runs out of it, so will his taste for more increase and his likely to get himself into bigger trouble just to maintain his current life style. Forget that he is 18, he is just a kid. Good luck bro, keep a clean heart towards him.
Look what 're wishing the young man, should i call this evil? What's your prove here that the source of the money Isn't genuine
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2011
@OP, u brother may be doing Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Damysa(f): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2011
Inspite of OP's good intention towards his brother, he is still very jealous. reading through his posts speaks volumes about this fact. if u were in his shoes, u would have acted worse. Don't be the one to report him to the cops if he is actually into something shady, let his sins find him out one day.
But stop being jealous and work harder so that u too can become a Billionaire since u guys are competing. stop worrying about your family name been dragged to the mound as your parents doesnt give a damn.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2011
Freiburger:

Look what 're wishing the young man, should i call this evil? What's your prove here that the source of the money Isn't genuine

Freiburger just as there is no evidence to show that the source of the money is genuine.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by tellwisdom: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2011
MUMU instead of you to be looking for a way to make your own, your busy crying for a made guy already. WHICH MONEY CLEAN FOR THIS COUNTRY SELF angry angry. Both legit and illegit money are all Vanity. Please gve me his number, let me advise him angry angry
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by jonex70(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2011
Op, you better take it easy with ur brother. Not all yahoo money are ilegitimate because some oyinbo can decide to help ur brother if his real to them.some oyinbo are rich and normally decide to help guys online if you can come clean and explain ur situation to them.  Ur brother could be doing something ilegal nbut not all yahoo money are ilegitimate. If oyinbo decide to give your brother 100k dollar do u know how much that is in nigeriam? Ur brother may not ewant to give u the contact because you don't really trust him and don't believe anything good can happen to him at 18.h
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by MarcAnthon(m): 10:33am On Oct 28, 2011
I can't believe some of the comments here. Anyone that supports the 18 year old has no business complaining abt Nigerian leaders. There is nothing like overnight wealth from a legitimate source except it's an inheritance. The talk about jealousy is just silly, here I was thinking Nigeria still has hope. With peeps like these,
@OP, just let him be. If strangers react like this I wonder what ur family and relations will say or do if u push any further.
Lol, which kind mumu oyinbo be that. U have no idea what u're talking abt.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by tellwisdom: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2011
I wld rather report him to FRAUDSTERS THAN EFCC. angry angry
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Londonthug: 10:36am On Oct 28, 2011
Guy you are just jealous sha, let him be, he might be ur brother but he is living his life ok, respect that.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Freiburger(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2011
woodcook:

Freiburger just as there is no evidence to show that the source of the money is genuine.
But the poster's explanation suggests he is the only one from the family yet to know the source of the money. Since they 've not been in cantact for sometime now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Conscience Is Hitting Me Because I Took The Money / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.