Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,395 members, 7,937,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:55 PM

Chasing The Heart Of God (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chasing The Heart Of God (part 2) (69 Views)

What You Should Be Chasing As A Young Guy Or Girl / What Do You Think About Born Again Brothers Chasing Worldly Sisters? / Wearing Seductive Clothes To Deposit Lust In The Heart Of Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chasing The Heart Of God (part 2) by Interesting15: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2023
Destiny Empowerment Daily Devotional *(16th November 2023)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Chasing The Heart Of God (Part 2)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. Psalms 42:1

*Message*

Following a careful study of the man David, you will also see how he followed God wholeheartedly. Here is a man who was found to have a penchant for placing God's will above his own. King David was always interested in the things of God, so much so that he couldn't hold back his excitement when it was about going to the house of God and his deep affection for the place.

Also, David stood out as a man always eager to know God's will before he took any steps. In 1 Samuel 30, we read some profound stuff there. So, while David and his men were out of town, the enemy army invaded their space, burnt down everything, and took their wives and children away as captives. When David and his men returned, they saw the devastating situation and everyone started wailing. And while David himself also needs comfort, since his family was also kidnapped, this was what happened:

*"David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters." I Samuel 30:6*

Just imagine that! In such a hostile condition, he should simply have hurriedly mobilized his warriors to instantly chase the enemy. But rather than angrily chasing after the enemy at that point, he decided to chase after God's heart to know God's will. He strengthened himself in the Lord his God and, "David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.” (vs8).

So, if God had told David, "No, wait till tomorrow", David would have still obeyed God even if it meant being stoned by the people. He would rather obey God than be popular and loved by the people, unlike Saul who was vehemently concerned with pleasing his subjects over pleasing God.

*Dear believer, like David, God expects that you give Him your all at all times and ensure you place your will under God's will every day. Whatever God wants becomes what you want; anything God doesn't want, you ignore.*

So, if you have an interest in pursuing something (a career, relationship, etc) and God said 'I don't like this', then you have to drop such pursuits. And on the other hand, if you don't have an interest in something and God says 'I want you to go after this', then you need to go after it. These are the things David did in his successful attempts to pant after God's heart.

*Confession*
I'm helped of God to subject my will to God's at all times. In Jesus Name.

*Further Reading*
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? Psalms 42:2

Please, Share with your groups and contacts📌📌

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "DESTINY EMPOWERMENT" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Morning Digest / Morning Digest / Winning The Battle Over Apathy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.