Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,371 members, 7,943,931 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Specs Of Your Computer? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Specs Of Your Computer? (4665 Views)

Impress Your Friends With Your Computer Tricks,hacks, And Tips / Browse The Net Using Your Phone Connected To Your Computer / PC Specs For Serious Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by ektbear: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2011
I see. Did you buy the laptop new?

Cost differential isn't as bad as I thought, only 2X.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 28, 2011
HP Pavilion DV7t Quad Edition with Beats Audio.
17,3 inches widescreen.
Intel i7 SandyBridge
Dual Gpu: AMD Radeon 6770m and Intel Graphics Chips
8GB Memory ram
Bluray Drive
1000GB (1TB) Hard Drive Space
Finger Print Login

And the best of all, this beast runs Crysis with blackfire graphics mod maxed, Crysis 2 with the DX11 and High Resolution Textures feature maxed and Battlefield 3 ultra setting without a hitch. I can run the Witcher 2 on high with ubersampling off.

This Laptop is the beastiest i have ever had in my life, only rivalled by alienware.
Preis: €1000.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by lahips: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by DoubleN(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

I see. Did you buy the laptop new?

Cost differential isn't as bad as I thought, only 2X.
Got it brand new!
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by moonraker(m): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2011
denzel2009:

ekt_bear don fall my hand. I cant believe a pro like you would buy a glossy cheap laptop like this. I give it a year of active use before it goes to the shed. Let me tell you a secret, HP makes these laptops for home users and they are ordinarily designed to work the warranty which is one year.

Next time, buy business laptops like HP probook  or elitebook. They are designed to stand the test of time and anything you throw at them.

*** Don't put this laptop on your lap else your sausage would roast. cheesy

Wrong dude

I bought my hp in 2009 and we are in 2011. First Gen Dv6 Japanese Standard
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by easy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
HP Pavilliom Dv3,
Intel core i3
2.3ghz
250gb HDD
3GB ddram3,
WEB CAM
BLUETOOTH
WI-FI
13.2" HD Widescreen
Fingerprint
Touchscreen
Windows 7 HOME PREM

I was so crazy about this laptop cause of the touch screen, it's cool for some games, and the fact that i could avoid typing in passwords atimes and just swipe my finger through, now am done with my MBA, the laptop practically sits in my room, cause i have a system at work, well i still love it but not so crazy about it anymore.

Lahips: Are you planning to dispose the laptop.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by jackpot(f): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
HP dv6 core i5
beats audio,
600gb HDD
6gb ram
windows 7 home premium
finger print reader
Webcam HD TRUE-VISION
no bluetooth!
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2011
About the HP laptops, Thing is do not buy any made for ASEAN Markets

those thing are craptastically bad, and will be a miracle if it actually lasts a year with regular use.

u wanna buy HP make sure its American or EU market specified, or maybe Japanese, now that Moonraker confirms his japanese ed is ok.

problem is, u may have issues with the darn OS being in a language u dont know, at least u can change it, but i have seen many tech requests here on NL about language change.

MY PC,
Compaq Armada
Intel Pentium 2
128Mb ram
6 gb hard drive
inbuilt Mic and Loud ass speakers even Dr Dre would be proud of
CD drive 24x speed
1.5 hr battery (used to be 3 tho)
Puppy linux OS

grin grin grin grin grin

and im not joking.

matter of fact, i challenge anyone to a speed contest, bootup, shutdown, running basic tasks

TOH BADT grin grin grin grin grin

that was my 1st Laptop, got it in 1999 when laptops in nigeria were generally still a novelty.
believe u me, its STILL ALIVE, despite my younguns best attempts to murder it
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by HumbleP: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
Double N:

Well not at all! Got the Laptop from Amazon for $1049, Crucial 8GB RAM upgrade kit for about $140 and the Seagate Momentus XT SSD hybrid drive for about $130. Total cost less than $1400! ;

hahahahahha, thats almost twice the cost! Or am i missing somethiing @ekt_bear
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by PtBlank: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hi all,

Can anyone pls offer a solution. I use an Acer notebook, 1GB, 160GB. Recently the battery stops charging at 75% but it has now reduced to 63%. It still shows plugged in charging at this level but it joined doesn,t go beyond here. I've drained the battery a couple of times bit it still wont work. It's a Lithium Ion battery and it's less than a year old. Can anyone pls offer a clue?
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by IbroSaunks(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
Toshiba satellite c655, 230gb hdd , 2gb ram, some Intel processor, didn't say the type, pretty dry laptop, my old one had issues so someone dased me,
i want the dell xps 15 though,
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by moshoodn(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
HP 6735s
160 GB HDD
1 GB RAM
2.0 GHz
WiFi
Bluetooth
fries my lap at times.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by mfess(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by Drunk: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
Pavilion dm4
Windows 7
Core i5 Processor
2 Gig Ram
640 HDD
Finger Reader
etc,
Can't remember d screen size again

Planing on going for Macbook Core i7 by January i'm tired of this already.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by saokea(m): 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2011
MacBook Pro 17- inch with Hi Res
2.5GHz Quad-core Inter Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2x4GB
750GB Serial ATA Drive @7200rpm

A simple laptop.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2011
2.4 Ghz Dual Core processors
4Gb DDR2 ram

320 Gb hard disk
Intel Graphic Card
15.4 inch Screen

what else ??

CD Rom speed i guess 22x
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by sniperwolf(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2011
HP DV5-1160us. 4Gb of RAM, 350HDD, Intel Core 2Duo, 2.0Mega Pixel Web Cam. I'm trying to upgrade the RAM to 8Gb but haven't seen any yet
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by sniperwolf(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2011
HP DV5-1160us. 4Gb of RAM, 350HDD, Intel Core 2Duo, 2.0Mega Pixel Web Cam. I'm trying to upgrade the RAM to 8Gb but haven't seen any yet
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by lahips: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2011
Easy i dont intend to dispose of it ohhh,no be money i take buy am,its just that it is not so useful again,then i used to use it to surf for materials for school work and type assignments,now am done with the program i hardly use it, am sure it will come in handy soon.for now let it enjoy the comfort of the room.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by racoon8995(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2011
i use a HP ENVY 17 3-D cool , I dont need to say much more, im sure you guyz already know wt its capable of, but fyi its 1TB HDD, comes with 3D googles and as expected,plays Crysis2 on MAXIMUM OPTIONS cool
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by marleygab(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2011
mine is the Hp Probook 4530s. Got it 2 months ago. With the core i3 2310m. 2.1Ghz. comes with 320/4G and a fingerprint reader too. the build of this laptop amazes me. so far it handles everything i throw at it satisfactorily and i love it.

Lmao. . . . a year is around the corner.

BTW, No Laptop will last 7hrs on batteries alone. Quote me!

you got it wrong there dude. i've got a laptop that lasts upto 15hrs when fully charged the samsung netbook Nc215. the acer timeline can last a good 7hrs also.

Just got a Dell Inspiron 17R  two months ago with Core i7 - 2.0Ghz, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 525M 1GB, 17.3" , 750Gb hard-drive. Searched the whole of computer village for an i7 but i couldn't find so i decided to order from the US . The laptop itself costs N157k,  paid $100 for shipping. By the way i'm into 3D animation and gaming.

WHAT! ! !, there are loads and loads and loads and loads of core i7 laptops in computer village ikeja.

About the HP laptops, Thing is do not buy any made for ASEAN Markets

those thing are craptastically bad, and will be a miracle if it actually lasts a year with regular use.

u wanna buy HP make sure its American or EU market specified, or maybe Japanese, now that Moonraker confirms his japanese ed is ok.

problem is, u may have issues with the darn OS being in a language u dont know, at least u can change it, but i have seen many tech requests here on NL about language change.

Hp do not make the same laptops with different qualities rather they make same laptops with different specs for different regions. there is absolutely nothing wrong in buying a laptop made for asian market if you are in that region.

Can anyone pls offer a solution. I use an Acer notebook, 1GB, 160GB. Recently the battery stops charging at 75% but it has now reduced to 63%. It still shows plugged in charging at this level but it joined doesn,t go beyond here. I've drained the battery a couple of times bit it still wont work. It's a Lithium Ion battery and it's less than a year old. Can anyone pls offer a clue?

That is the beginning of the end of your battery bro, start saving up for new batteries.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2011
pls guys, i am thinkin on gettin a sony laptop. Is it advisable?
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by putter: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2011
pls guys, i am thinkin on gettin a sony laptop. Is it advisable?

vaios aint bad hope you got the cash cause they are quite expensive. i've got some.
Re: Specs Of Your Computer? by sniperwolf(m): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2011
I know an Acer laptop that can last for 12hours when fully charged, so don't start judging people's comment for the fact that you are naïve

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! (An Architect) / dell E62xx E63xx E64xx E54XX Kboard w/lite Lenovo t440p/t540p/w540 battery 4Sale / What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.