Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo (10918 Views)

"Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures / Gov Suswam,terhemen Tarzoor Spotted With V.P Namadi Sambo In Gambia / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by baslone: 10:07am On Oct 28, 2011
The office does'nt even deserve that respect anymore! f@c%ing thieves!!!!!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by ektbear: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2011
Pro Anti:

Mr ekt_bear,

Forget the arguments,
It is inappropriate to disrespect the office of the president.

We shall agree to disagree.

Anyway, technically the office wasn't disrespected. Instead, the current occupant was (well, of the vice-presidency.) Two distinct entities, mind you.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by teskyg: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2011
@Basolne, It is the office of Aregbesola that deserves respect.You are brought up in line with that Deputy Governor.They will deal with Aregbesola.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by ProAnti: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2011
anishe:

Why are people castigating Aregbesola for his actions. I think it is higj time we started standing up to our useless leaders. Was GEJ right to order the police to stop ACN supporters from entering Abuja? Shame on Useless and coward GEJ that parade himself as Nigerian president. RUBBISH

If you missed an appointment cos LASTMA stopped you on the road, you'll assume Fashola sent them and that'll make him a useless coward. Right?

Please lets allow the police do their job. They do not need a Presidential order to do anything they think will help maintain peace and order.

You definitely do not know why the so-called supporters were prevented from entering Abuja so stop putting the blame on the presidency.

Objectivity should be the watchword.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by PointB: 10:27am On Oct 28, 2011
anishe:

Why are people castigating Aregbesola for his actions. I think it is higj time we started standing up to our useless leaders. Was GEJ right to order the police to stop ACN supporters from entering Abuja? Shame on Useless and coward GEJ that parade himself as Nigerian president. RUBBISH

If they were suspected of going to forment trouble, it is the duty of the police to stop them. Inflaming passion in Abuja is not particulary healthy with the kind of security situation we have now. Besides Tinubu does not suffer the lack of sycophants in abuja, why bring in more hired rascals and thug.

That said. The words of Aregbesola, and his body language towards the President is a brazen display of childishness and uncultured attitude. He likes are better suited for motor parks thugs, or at best KAI/LASTMA. He has no business in the state house with his this kind of bahaviour.

Osun state had simply dumped one rascal (from PDP plc) for another equally rascal fellow (from ACN Ltd). Nothing has changed!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Torch1(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2011
Lolz, he only snub Sambo and you guys are complaining, what if AregbeRascal went there to meet him and he eventually end up slapping Sambo as he did to Fashola and his deputy, Only AregbeRascal can handle ACN in the absence of Tinubu, But are we practising Unitary system of govt or Federalism?
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by teskyg: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2011
Those Thugs should be left to languish in Jailed to serve as deterrents to others.I am sure Aregbesola and Tinubu Son's (highest beneficiary of their looting) also traveled along with them in those buses.You could have imagine how much was Budgeted  for the Thugs from Government allocation to go and cheer a Criminal.What a waste of fund,
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by superior1: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2011
Police catch your people, u dey start dissing the presidency?. I hope the guy knows the IGR of Osun State cant be compared to that of Lagos. That single stupid remark can cause his state alot of money and development project from the presidency.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by mdbabah(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2011
some ppl are noting but blank headed pigs, i want them to consider this. RASCALthat are stealing and performing or the DUNDEE PDP dats steals and boast around wit noting to show of. As of tinubu, anyone who hates him should just go and die because if not him no one will enjoy the CONTINUITY IN GOVERNANCE as we hav in lagos state. More to say but i aint av time to waste on people dat mix politics with personal hatred

eheheh i cant even imagine how many f0ol we hav around here, who are d people prosecuting tinubu, d PDP Govment? Ah o ga o nd Obasanjo, atiku what am i even saying? Includin dat mumu Gej. Dat steal and wont stop stealing are now trying dat gud tinubu at their court of Lawlesness abi,
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Demdem(m): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2011
At times I wonder if we all know what true federalism is?
Aregbe's approach may not be th best but also isn't bad. Retardeen isn't aregbe's boss and above all the guy did nothing illegal.
The people of osun are his boss
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by jmaine: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

We shall agree to disagree.

Anyway, technically the office wasn't disrespected. Instead, the current occupant was (well, of the vice-presidency.) Two distinct entities, mind you.

wrong move . . . . Who represents the office of the President . . . . Both the occupant of the office and the office are inseparably related . . . .there is no one without the other . . . . So try some other logic . . .
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2011
Am not disappointed in this rude behaviour of this governor,he can do better.he should finish his four years in time,and leave the post.this disgrace is too much for osun.and am sure people like him will still support him and wont see anything bad in that rude behaviour,
IPINLE OMOLUWABI my foot.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by ektbear: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2011
Office of the presidency is different from the present occupant (GEJ.)

Anyway, if you are so concerned about that office being disrespected, then your first person to squabble with should be GEJ himself. Or was that recent Australia fiasco not a huge international disgrace to the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria?

Let us not major in minor, abeg
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by cyril10(m): 11:14am On Oct 28, 2011
What is bad is bad no matter how some people here would want to paint the action of Aragbesola towards the president, he is still junior to the VP, some people should learn to behave.

His action has clearly revealed that he is a rascal truely.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by ashiri1: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2011
MARK MY WORD. ACN IS A PARTY HEADING TO CRASH.

ALREADY THEY HAVE LOST 40 PERCENT OF THEIR SUPPORT IN LAGOS AND THIS WOULD BE MORE BEFORE THE 2015 ELECTION.

PEOPLE OPENLY SAID, WE VOTED FASHOLA NOT ACN. SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FASHOLA WOULD BE LEAVING.

ACN AND PDP ARE THE SAME THING NO EXCEPTION.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by jmaine: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2011
Even if Aregbesola was aggrieved as to how his supporters were treated . . . .his manner of expressing it was way too crude and erratic . . . .he comes off as someone who acts in an erratic manner . . .  There were ways he would have still obeyed the usual protocol and yet still pass his message . . . . Considering it was a law court commissioning . . . . As stubborn as Tinubu is . . . He knows how to play the political game of separating bickering from official requirements . . . Tinubu would not be so crude in his approach, but will chose to tongue lash his perceived oppressors in line with respecting the rule of law, which the commissioned court house is meant to serve and sustain.

This is simply a case of the right complaints in the wrong approach . . . .and the approach always superceeds the complaints . . . .
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by gokuu(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2011
mdbabah:

some ppl are noting but blank headed pigs, i want them to consider this. RASCALthat are stealing and performing or the DUNDEE PDP dats steals and boast around wit noting to show of. As of tinubu, anyone who hates him should just go and die because if not him no one will enjoy the CONTINUITY IN GOVERNANCE as we hav in lagos state. More to say but i aint av time to waste on people dat mix politics with personal hatred

eheheh i cant even imagine how many f0ol we hav around here, who are d people prosecuting tinubu, d PDP Govment? Ah o ga o nd Obasanjo, atiku what am i even saying? Includin dat mumu Gej. Dat steal and wont stop stealing are now trying dat gud tinubu at their court of Lawlesness abi,
the rantings of another brainless goat. All that skl fees went down the drain!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by fuke(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2011
I saw this coming. Respect is reciprocal.

Aregbesola contacted the IG and the top shots in government to
release his people they captured as hostages on Niger bridge but they refused.

If you treat even your son with disrespect, expect some disrespect from him.
ekt_bear:

Office of the presidency is different from the present occupant (GEJ.)

Anyway, if you are so concerned about that office being disrespected, then your first person to squabble with should be GEJ himself. Or was that recent Australia fiasco not a huge international disgrace to the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria?

Let us not major in minor, abeg

Please update me about this fiasco in Australia.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Ovamboland(m): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2011
Majority of comments on this thread shows the innermost recess of the mind of supposed citizens in a democratic entity with pretensions to egalitarianism. Most are still suffering from the 'Kabiyesi' mentality in their approach to government issues.

How on earth can a citizen use the analogy of a father to son in Federal/State relations? really absurd if i may say.
It also goes to show most literate citizens(forget the illiterates) have a long way to go in understanding such democratic principles based on the Magna Carta , Bill of Rights , Liberty etc. or the very reasons we opted democracy. It is much more than elections and victory or loss at the polls.

Why would the federal police restrict the movement of unarmed citizens any where within the federation? Just because they are of another political party? That even makes it worse. Are we in the era of black civil right movement? Obviously this blatant assault on the right of the individual is of no importance but to 'dobale' and kowtow to the imperial presidency  is more important to most posters here, how unfortunate.

That is why pejury that is lie under oath is a High crime almost treason in true democratic set-ups but a way of life in Nigerian democracy and hardly attracts attention.

Taking a line from the movie 'Debaters'
'It is my duty to resist any unjust law (or assault on my rights) with violence or civil disobedience; you should pray i choose the latter'

An American congressman once said (can't quote verbatim) ' I will oppose your ideas i disagree with all my strength but i am prepared to lay down my life to prevent anyone from taking away your rights to have your say'

Until we are able to live this philosophy so long will we continue to have autocracy as opposed to democracy.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by revomind(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Brave move from the governor. I'm feeling this dude.

In the past, I felt only the Northern govs could pull this off so I'm glad a Western gov could make his feelings known as such. Recently, we have being saddled with unprincipled men who rubbish the complex but necessary concept of 'Omoluabi' in Yoruba culture. Kudos to Rauf Aregbesola.

The VP isn't his boss or his 'father'. If he has a grievance with that arm of govt, or any of its agencies, it is well within his rights to make it known. Sambo no go vex ni.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Ufeolorun(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2011
^
Thank you

Aregbesola bad gan! Lol!
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by FrankC3: 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
To Aregbesola's understanding, Federal police stopping his supporters from getting to Abuja is enough reason to put up this show of shame? I am sure that most Osun elders are shaking their heads in shame. So Aregbesola believes that it is outside the duty purview of the police to stop such movement? Aregbesola feels that a phone call from him to IG will change the mind of the police. He is the one that was trying to abuse his office.
The worst of all is that you are playing HOST to a sitting vice president who came to commission a project in your domain and every African culture does not encourage being the kind of host that Aregbe was. For the Osun people, do you think that what Aregbesola did was best for your state in very many perspectives? Sincerely, some people did similar things during SUG days, the same thing that convince them of how childish they once were,
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Torch1(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
mdbabah:

some ppl are noting but blank headed pigs, i want them to consider this. RASCALthat are stealing and performing or the DUNDEE PDP dats steals and boast around wit nothing
my dear! What makes you think that all the ACN governors, senates, represantatives, etc are saints? Apart from Gov. Fashola who else in ACN can you compare in terms of good governance with Gov. Chibuike Amaechi(PDP) of Rivers state, Gov. Chime(PDP) of Enugu state and even James Ibori former governor of Delta state. Have you forgotten that Tinubu visited GEJ after which the whole S.West(apart 4rm Osun state) voted for PDP during the recent presidential election.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Holuhare99: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
I fink those people who are critises Gov Aregbesola Are crazy,coz GEJ is a president now aregbesola must not say d truth,we are all fight and pray for nation to be better and we must let our leader know if wht they are doing are wrong,Aregbesola is try to prove to everybody dt nobody is above God bless Aregbesola,Osun-state and Nigeria.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
y'all should be happy aregbesola didn't slap him cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by PointB: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
oyb:

y'all should be happy aregbesola didn't slap him cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Slapping fashola, and his deputy is one thing, threatening to, let alone slapping Sambo/GEJ is a whole new level. All the 'rascals' in ACN would not even think about it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by manchy7531: 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
Even fashola who happens to be the face of ACN will not act like this, its a shame, that a governor who has nothing to boast of,as to, what he has done for Osun will display such insubordination.

.Am sure is if sambo was from the SW the case might have been different.

I think ACN leader need some moral lesson,

Am not a PDP supporter but i believe that there are some things that we as the future of this nation need to start condemning.

By the way it is obvious that ACN is doom, just watch as events will unfold in the coming years
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by manchy7531: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2011

In the past, I felt only the Northern govs could pull this off so I'm glad a Western gov could make his feelings known as such. Recently, we have being saddled with unprincipled men who rubbish the complex but necessary concept of 'Omoluabi' in Yoruba culture. Kudos to Rauf Aregbesola.

The VP isn't his boss or his 'father'. If he has a grievance with that arm of govt, or any of its agencies, it is well within his rights to make it known. Sambo no go vex ni.

This is just the beginning of the digging of his political grave
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by edicolove: 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
I feel sorry for all of you defending this guy. You want to play hard ball with the president of Nigeria and your state contributes nothing to the federation and you are already bankrupt? This is the dumbest move I have ever seen. If this guy was a manager in my company, he would be fired immediately because he sure is going to run the company down. In this case, he will run the state down. Now there is a ban on foreign loans. Let us see how he will survive. We are watching,
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by manchy7531: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2011

This is just the beginning of the digging of his political grave.

I think he should learn from fashola's humility.Despite all the marginalization of Lagos state by the federal government you will never hear or see fashola acting rudely or use inciting words.

In politics Humility pays, and that is why GEJ is where he is today and not because he has any special thing to offer but because he is humble.daft though
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
What political grave? Some dude are funny sha. If its obj, will say probably but the retardeen of all people. Abegii no shaking.
Re: Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo by arsenefc: 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

Slapping fashola, and his deputy is one thing, threatening to, let alone slapping Sambo/GEJ is a whole new level. All the 'rascals' in ACN would not even think about it.  grin grin grin grin

I agree. If he ever comes close to  slapping Sambo, he should be ready to spend the rest of his life in Gusua.

Very silly move by Aregbesola, two wrongs dont make a right! The cops did the right thing by turning back his supporters.

If he felt so aggrieved by what happened to his supporters, why didnt he go to the courts?  Many people dont understand their role and place in this new type of government, unfortunately. Freedom doesnt mean you can go anywhere and foment trouble. The police have a duty to perform, to maintain law and order and if it involves turning certain people back from having access to Abuja, SO BE IT. Kudos to police for acting fast and decisively.

Shame on Aregbesola

Shame on ACN

Shame on the SW for producing such an im/becile as a leader

Shame!  Shame!! Shame!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Local Governments In Anambra State / 2015 Election: Jonathan Will Win In Bauchi With Me As Governor — Yuguda / Fines For Traffic Offenders: LASTMA Clarifies Position On Appeal Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.