Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,800 members, 7,921,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:34 PM

Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! (8849 Views)

Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano / What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Mayeldah(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
ok na,

na only one round him go dey get until he pay finish

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Nathaniel111(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Aplaudez:
Funnily, the guy might have paid undecided

I dey tell u, this bobo fit don deposit πŸ€”
Eh God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Connected1: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
People carry women to their house with just introduction, talk more about this.

It's all about the relationship between these couples and the families, if they have been dating before and the families are aware, then no issues else, if it's the strangers type of way then it's an issue.

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Love800(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2023
Is dowry the same thing with brideprice?
oluwaseyi0:
1) Is the dowry that much
2) is the groom too poor to afford dowry (which shouldn't be much) then how will he take care of his wife and kids
3) is the bride family that poor, that they need a dowry part payment for survival or whatever reason? Then the guy will be walking into an unending billing by in-law
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by henrimoto(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
Royaltyy:
But make sure say only left bress u go dey touch til u complete ya balance..

This really cracked me up πŸ˜‚...

Hope after making down payment, another customer will not come and test run the car?πŸ˜‚

OP, if your friend like make e go waste money, that car is for the highest bidder. One yahoo boy fit just decide to make an outright purchase, dem go just comot your change inside the money give you.πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by henrimoto(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
Nokio2:
Oga overseas go do ya down payment
But make sure say only left bress u go dey touch til u complete ya balance...

Jennyclay go soon come finish u,ur friend and all una squad..
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by crossbreedwears(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
Your username speaks a lot about who youre in
real life. Even when the country was functioning well, some inlaws are crooks and desperate to give out their daughters by all means. If you cant differentiate desperate inlaws and bad leaders then i am sorry for you
AllDModsAreMaad:

If you're wise, you wouldn't be asking such stu pid question.

If the country is good and the basic things are working fine for that family and maybe the OP's friend, will they even think it twice to take such step?

Like the saying goes "Desperate times call for desperate measures"
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by oluwaseyi0: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
Love800:
Is dowry the same thing with brideprice?

Yes
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Austin4lif: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Okoro Savages selling their Yam-legged daughters to the bidders dey do such nonsense.

All thier marriages na Transactional relationships!

Nonsense! angry
u are filled with hate. Your type are not progressive and not very exposed. I have cousins who are yorubas, are u saying I should hate them?
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by mcdokwe(m): 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
They only want him to show commitment, no too reason am
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by UptownVibes(m): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
crossbreedwears:
What business does APC have with the story line
I saw hardship in the story. And APC is synonymous with Hardship,Suffering, Looting ,and turning their followers and defenders to F*O*O*L*S.
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Emaprince: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
I'll rather make a down payment for a roasted corn.

Mtcheew
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by youngrichnigga: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yes o, Nigeria has also made a down payment for a roasted corn 🌽 🌽 🌽 🌽 grin grin grin grin
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by FireUpNow(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
Oh boy ooo. Na to touch one breast and do bleeping from behind only. You must do it facing her because you haven't paid full. When you balance up then you get access to full package
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by overseasnbeyond: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
grin grin grin grin
UptownVibes:
cheesy Very soon dem go even start marry credit, with the way Tinubu and APC messing up the nation.

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by overseasnbeyond: 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
overseasnbeyond:
I didn't believe until I got a call last night from my friend telling me the bride's family want him, to make part payment for the dowry since Nigeria hard now.
My worry, why would they be too desperate to let their daughter go on down-payment.?
Do you think he should proceed with the idea?

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by crossbreedwears(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
Okay sir
UptownVibes:
I saw hardship in the story. And APC is synonymous with Hardship,Suffering, Looting ,and turning their followers and defenders to F*O*O*L*S.
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Revolva(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
Pls only make down payment for virgins only

A lot of nigerian gals are not worth it
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Love800(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by ViceGovernor: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
overseasnbeyond:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is a true talk, but what if my friend get her pregnant?

You are not serious.....we all know that girl is pregnant already
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by Greatkenny2: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Na Okoro Savages selling their Yam-legged daughters to the highest bidder dey do such nonsense.

All thier marriages na Transactional relationships!

Nonsense! angry

Your tribes man is trying to save up some money to marry an igbo girl... The high bride prize does not discourage him. He sees an Igbo girl as a trophy...I know you're only bitter because you couldn't come up with the prize so you had to settle for the scratched faced kudirat...

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by overseasnbeyond: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
you must be a seer! grin grin grin grin grin grin

ViceGovernor:

You are not serious.....we all know that girl is pregnant already
Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by MeaslesMumpsRub: 5:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Yes, it is called "small thing". He don pay small thing for her head.

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by efepro(m): 7:02am On Nov 22, 2023
It's not Dowry, but pride price. Dowry system is not practiced in Nigeria. Dowry is the opposite of pride price which is practiced in India and some Asia countries.

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by harmony75: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Very wrong don't do it.. It is better you do as you can afford when both of you are ready if they will agree! Cut your clothe according to your clothe!

1 Like

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by overseasnbeyond: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
overseasnbeyond:
I didn't believe until I got a call last night from my friend telling me the bride's family want him, to make part payment for the dowry since Nigeria hard now.
My worry, why would they be too desperate to let their daughter go on down-payment.?

Re: Making Down Payment For Dowry!!! by overseasnbeyond: 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
grin
overseasnbeyond:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Household Items On Sale at Majek,Ajah axis (pics Included) / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.