Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (14609 Views)

Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by 12large1: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
Colin Udoh on twitter: Siasia fired replacement discussed

Looks like Siasia is history. Replacement now being discussed. That might be pushed to Technical Committee
http://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/129937120252006400
ExCo and Technical Committee to meet next week to decide on a successor for Siasia
http://twitter.com/ColinUdoh/status/129944470048354305
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mobf: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
is this for real? long overdue if you ask me
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Heck: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
HARRY REDNAPP to sign TEVEZ in JANUARY
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by executinal(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
This is pure poo news
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
Source pls?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by 10Billion(m): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
That is just d major problem with NFF, hiring & firing of coaches, they always xpect somebody 2 give dem result in a blink of an eye. Naija! I hail thee.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Kx: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2011
pitoski:

i believe continuity will be better than hiring and sacking coaches.
Continuity even in failure?
Have nt we learnt from d PDP experience that continuity is not the best.
Change.yes we can!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by blank(f): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
I talk am o. The hype was too much.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
then it's unfair! Nigeria soccer cant continue to live like this!

damn this NFF abi NFA
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by SuyaEater(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
Sunday oliseh is the next coach
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by cchampme(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
i knew that they would definitely do it, well, lets just hope that their plans goes as expected. na dem even know wetin dem they expect self
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by comechop(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
won't make any difference. fundamentals are completely flawed. they can keep sacking and sacking.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Kolababa: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia has been sacked. I trust NFF, God has opened a window of chopchop for them to hire foreign coach. They will look for a foreign coach that can negotiate in quote. "O boy foreign coach, we will pay you $20,000 per month but when you get to Nigeria, tell our government that you cannot collect less than $40,000 per month so that $20,000 will be our own"
Then corruption continues in sports.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by femionasan(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Back to square one. undecided
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2011
the job was too big for him
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by houvest: 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2011
big crash to so much hope
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Continuity even in failure?
Have nt we learnt from d PDP experience that continuity is not the best.
Change.yes we can!

wow you must be mentally unstable. "continuity in failure"? FAILURE WTF just because we didnt qualify for AFCON doesnt mean he failed,
let me tell you a story. Alex Fergueson, when he started with man utd was not a good manager to be honest. . .now look how people are admiring him. u know the quote "rome wasnt built in a day"? that means that it takes time to see change. if a person wants to jump up, they first have to squat down low in order to propel themselves upward.

Sacking SiaSia was the wroooong decision and i will say it many more times without holding back. The guy was slowly building a strong eagles team, and of course naive nigerians that some people are, had to interrupt his progress.

from here forth i am not expecting much progress from the Eagles,  but i can only hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia was our perceived "messiah" and unfortunately for us it didn't work.He had a set of targets and he failed woefully,the NFF did the right thing by firing him.There's a team on ground,what we need is a tactically and technically sound coach to provide leadership and guidance
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by paraphase(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
This is what YakooBULL, machine(sorry MARTINS) and other sidelined players would be doing right now >>

Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Heck: 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
we should review possible replacements
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
Aint't surprised. That ba.st.ard seized to be the coach, the vry day he drew that match with guinea, thereby jeopardice our chance of qualifyin for the nation cup. That siasia is just too f.oo.l of himself. Imagine him dropped our best keeper.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Arctic(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
Samson Siaisa fired as Nigeria coach - BBC Sport

Breaking news Samson Siasia has been fired by Nigeria

Samson Siasia has been fired as Nigeria coach for failing to take the country to the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, BBC Sport understands.

The executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) ratified the decision to sack the coach on Friday.

This comes after the NFF's technical committee recommended the dismissal of the former international.

Siasia came under huge pressure after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the continent's flagship tournament.

Three weeks ago the Super Eagles had failed to qualify for a Nations Cup finals for the first time since the 1986 edition in Egypt.

More to follow soon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15492627.stm
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
Excellent decision
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by denitro(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia got what he deserved, he was not matured enough to handle the Super Eagles.
carrying a couple of over aged players to an under-aged tournament doesn't make you
a good coach.
This is to serve as a lesson for all aspiring incompetent coaches who think that coaching  
a national team like Nigeria is not hard work and requires the best in the industry,
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Ibime(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
I will not be watching Super Eagles anymore if either a foreign coach or one of the old glass house stooges are appointed.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Mcleo007(m): 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
Lies! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by 9ijaprince(m): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
four coaches in d last 3 yrs! Wahala dey! Where is d room for development?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by txswat: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
I do think coach Siasia has made some bad judgement calls but firing him this early is unwarranted. So they are going to miss ANC so what? Has England never missed the european championships? This is not unprecedented, is progress being made? The answer is YES! I think missing ANC is the best thing that could have happened to this team. These current players feel a sense of entitlement that past generations earned on the field. Whoever is in charge of NFF has either never played any kinda organized team sport or is just ego tripping as far as I am concerned. Try something different for once and stop hiring and firing within 24months. Just because the score sheet is not in your favor does not mean progress is not being made overall. Very typical of our leadership though; everything is seen through shortsighted lenses,
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
txswat:

I do think coach Siasia has made some bad judgement calls but firing him this early is unwarranted. So they are going to miss ANC so what? [size=18pt]Has England never missed the european championships[/size]? This is not unprecedented, is progress being made? The answer is YES! I think missing ANC is the best thing that could have happened to this team. These current players feel a sense of entitlement that past generations earned on the field.

YES England missed the Euro championship and what happened to their coach Steve mclaren who missed it?

he was sacked.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by ijigbamigb(m): 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
paraphase:

This is what YakooBULL, machine(sorry MARTINS) and other sidelined players would be doing right now >>
I think this image looks so much like Yakuuuubu in action
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by txswat: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2011
dayokanu:

YES England missed the Euro championship and what happened to their coach Steve mclaren who missed it?

he was sacked.

Is that the only time they have missed the competition? The answer is no and every coach wasn't fired as a result of it. Besides Steve McClaren hadn't shown much of anything as a HEAD guy on any team before he was given the job. My point is you don't keeping doing the same thing and expect a different result. It'll NEVER work. Do your homework, hire a manager and stick with him as long as there is steady progress. Let's face it this team has been a mess for a while. Missing ANC is just and end result of what they've been for a while. And what Siasia was trying to do was build from the scratch. That takes time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2022: Tunisia Vs Mali (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022 / Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome / Chelsea Suspend Four Fans After Sterling Racial Abuse Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.