Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:14 PM

My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. (263 Views)

Poloniex Exchange Hack / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Urgent Opinion On My Mturk Account Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. by RidwanMalik: 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
Honestly, it's quite alarming, especially considering the vast amounts of digital assets like ETH and USDT that were swiped from Houbi. My thought is, this is more than just a wake-up call, it's a critical lesson in the importance of security in our crypto dealings.

I guess the key takeaway here is the need for vigilance in choosing where we store and trade our cryptocurrencies. We need more than just assurances – we need solid, tangible security measures.

This brings me to the importance of user protection funds. For example, Bitget stands out with its $350 million user protection fund. But It's not just about the numbers though. It's about the commitment to user safety and the sense of security such a fund brings. And bitget seems to be taking this commitment seriously with a total reserve ratio of 199%.

What I'm trying to get at is this: as much as we're all into the potential and excitement of cryptocurrencies, we can't forget to be smart about it. We've got to make sure we're using platforms that really value our security. It's our safety and the protection of our investments that should always be top priority.
Re: My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. by Matulujoso: 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
I had in the past a security issue on Bitget and I Applied to the program and I was refunded so I can tell that is true

On the other Hand CEX and Defi MUST invest in Ethical Hacking Departments, in a massive adoption will be crucial

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. by Abigailzino(f): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2023
Bitget has a reserve ratio of 199% ? That definitely beats the standards! In as much as they prioritize security, then it must be a safe haven for those looking for reliable exchanges to invest with.
Re: My Opinion On Houbi Exchange Hack. by CoinMegaTrend: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2023
RidwanMalik:
Honestly, it's quite alarming, especially considering the vast amounts of digital assets like ETH and USDT that were swiped from Houbi. My thought is, this is more than just a wake-up call, it's a critical lesson in the importance of security in our crypto dealings.

I guess the key takeaway here is the need for vigilance in choosing where we store and trade our cryptocurrencies. We need more than just assurances – we need solid, tangible security measures.

This brings me to the importance of user protection funds. For example, Bitget stands out with its $350 million user protection fund. But It's not just about the numbers though. It's about the commitment to user safety and the sense of security such a fund brings. And bitget seems to be taking this commitment seriously with a total reserve ratio of 199%.

What I'm trying to get at is this: as much as we're all into the potential and excitement of cryptocurrencies, we can't forget to be smart about it. We've got to make sure we're using platforms that really value our security. It's our safety and the protection of our investments that should always be top priority.

Like an explosive movie scene, this epic hack left HTX exchange and the Heco Cross Chain bridge with a heart-stopping loss of a mind-boggling $97 million across a whole bunch of different cryptocurrencies. Talk about an epic fail, right? That's like witnessing firsthand how digital asset platforms are not invincible. But hey, let's not forget the silver lining in this dark cloud. They've got some chinks in their digital armor that need some serious patching up. It's the flaws all Exchanges need to level up to face the challenges that lie ahead. You mentioned actionable steps and commitment towards security. That's it!

(1) (Reply)

$major Another Telegram Project Like $dogs Listing On Bitget / Piuni Telecommunications Industry / 5 Plots Of Land Available For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.