Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji (27361 Views)

Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady / Ekiti First Lady Welcomes First Baby Of The Year, Donates Gifts To Triplets / Meet Olubunmi Adelugba, Ekiti's First Female Speaker (Full Profile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by pretydiva(f): 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
If it won’t be beneficial to the people, pls channel the money into something more beneficial

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by harbarzzy(m): 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:
Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer in My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02H1SGXJsyVRu7exo6k8Xbs3x17xmLHWSirz22AV2Rfccob9DbRg3bxs3dwme8qRWCl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz
Let government start producing..WE are tired of roads
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Couldntfigurean: 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2023
No wonder they are all lagosians

The useless state looks big on paper(Yoruba gdp,igr propaganda) but in real life is not more developed than Oba
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by 7upnigeria: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
Alaigbo:
If you claim this one appear more on NL what will you now say about the failure n bastard Alex Otti.

And what's our business with the failure from your region. You can evict him from there if you like.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by COMPAQ(m): 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
COMPAQ:

Nigerian governors need to be a lot more creative! This bandwagon thing isn't helping.
Once one governor did fly over, all governors are doing flyover!
One governors does airport, all of them want to do airport!
One governor does ring road, all governors want to do ring road!
The shallowness of our leaders is shocking!!!

Even Ibadan that I drive from challenge to UI, through ring road to mokola to sango to UI took less than 30mins. Not a lot of traffic in Ibadan, particularly with petrol at N600. Yet the governor is also doing ring road!? Meanwhile the construction company is his company - Craneburg Construction.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by youngrichnigga: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
Myopia is just a curse on our leaders; how's a ring road a game changer for a state that has very low vehicular traffic and barely any business disrupting logjam......may God save us from the these shortsighted and selfish self-seeking politricians angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Omobude244: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:
Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer in My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02H1SGXJsyVRu7exo6k8Xbs3x17xmLHWSirz22AV2Rfccob9DbRg3bxs3dwme8qRWCl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz
lolz
first ring road grin grin

yet the people from this state will be the first to be attacking other states grin

The Lagos they are using to brag was as a result of been former FCT grin
every other states in sadwaste are shitholes grin

ring road that was built in Benin city before i was born is what this ones just wan start grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ednut1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
Recolonization may happen one day. Road construction with loan they will embezzle 50%
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Nice2023(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
Benwallt:

How many cottage industries do you have in your state? Terrorist

He asked a nice question and u called him a terrorist.

I don't think u have sense at all.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by danilho(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Ekiti, kogi, Ogun, osun and taraba are the most useless states in Nigeria.

The fact Tinubu got more votes from these states even made it more useless
have you taken your medications today?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Aphrygian(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
The fact that you said 'tinubu got more votes in those states" while he lost Osun makes you even more useless to your generation
GO0DHardDick:

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Sternvillesltd: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
We need to engage these governors in a serious debate before voting. Some of them have nothing upstair. I've been to Ekiti this year during the week and weekends uncountable. I've never come across a single traffic. Channel this money to complete the airport so that the airport can generate employment and generate income to the government cover at the same time.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Nice2023(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2023
COMPAQ:

Even Ibadan that I drive from challenge to UI, through ring road to mokola to sango to UI took less than 30mins. Not a lot of traffic in Ibadan, particularly with petrol at N600. Yet the governor is also doing ring road!? Meanwhile the construction company is his company - Craneburg Construction.

They will not call out their governors for not doing fine but let anything happen in the east,they will start calling everyone ipod.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Omobude244: 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
Pootle:
na during services i know say most of the state created are not fit to be called a state, many are too under developed and generate nothing as IGR, that state capital be like one local govt area for lagos, most state na just a verse stretch of empty land undecided
oga remove the input of FG from Lagos and Lagos would have still been like one of those states.

how can u be comparing Lagos that witness federal presence for 77yrs with other states like Ondo or Abia.

Abuja is just 32yrs as FCT and it is ahead of all the states in terms of development not to mention Lagos that spent 77yrs as FCT.

Lets stop lying to yourselves please

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Benwallt(m): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nice2023:

He asked a nice question and u called him a terrorist.

I don't think u have sense at all.

Charity they say begins at home. Some angles are unnecessary. Brawn

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Omobude244: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nice2023:

They will not call out their governors for not doing fine but let anything happen in the east,they will start calling everyone ipod.

leave them
Lagos is the only state in the SW to them.

Remove federal input in Lagos, and it will be in same level as ekiti

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ebenholer2(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
These folks just seem daft to know that building infrastructures is never the way out in saving the masses from this overwhelming poverty and prevailing inflation.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by lexy2014: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:
I never hear of dis governor b4..

How will this ring road drag Ekiti state people out of poverty.

Government must build cottage industries and provide 247 electricity.

my brother, help me ask abeg
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ppogba: 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Omobude244:

lolz
first ring road grin grin

yet the people from this state will be the first to be attacking other states grin

The Lagos they are using to brag was as a result of been former FCT grin
every other states in sadwaste are shitholes grin

ring road that was built in Benin city before i was born is what this ones just wan start grin

Are you talking about the same Benin city that has no single gutter on both sides of the road?
Are you talking about the same Benin city that is always flooded immediately a drop of water hits the ground all the way from Ugbowo to sapele road?
You will do well to admit that it has always been like that before you were born.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by peace80037: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
Why do politicians throw parties to kick off a project? Why do politicians throw parties to kick off a project? ...
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Omobude244: 8:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
ppogba:

Are you talking about the same Benin city that has no single gutter on both sides of the road?
Are you talking about the same Benin city that is always flooded immediately a drop of water hits the ground all the way from Ugbowo to sapele road?
You will do well to admit that it has always been like that before you were born.
ozuor

i bet u have never been to Benin

MUMU

can u help me list standard roads in Ondo, Ekiti etc

lets start sharing pictures
SW doesnt start and end in federal govt developed Lagos
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Seyiemath(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by saintruky(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
@63yrs of age... Successive Nigeria government still dey talk of road construction... Whereas many other countries of same age and younger don over advance leave us...

Na wa o
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ppogba: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Omobude244:

ozuor

i bet u have never been to Benin

MUMU

can u help me list standard roads in Ondo, Ekiti etc

lets start sharing pictures
SW doesnt start and end in federal govt developed Lagos

It would have made more to answer my questions before insulting me.
You are right. I have never been to Benin .before

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Oricha79(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

kindly add Benue and Abia state in your list.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ThebestPromise: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
I think many of the people commenting on the project don't know much about Ado Ekiti mostly the Iworoko junction the governor was reffering to.

Because of the traffic from Ekiti State University and other traffic laden establishment in that axis, there is need for a ring road in that particular place. The ring road will free the traffic in that place and also dispatch the many vehicles passing that route to the North ( Iworoko to Kaba ( Kogi State)) and other adjourning roads.

As for the cottage industries in that art of the state, the IPP is already completed and there is possibllity of the state buying out of BEDC anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Amotolongbo:
You must have been away from nairaland for quite a while or just joined today cos the governor appears more on Nairaland than Nairaland logo. πŸ˜€
The PR for the governor is too much here mehn
Wow, that means all graduates in that state are gainfully and sweatless employed...

The Governor must be the real Governor oh
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Germi9: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
Na ring road this one dey celebrate
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Integrafamoo: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Amotolongbo:
You must have been away from nairaland for quite a while or just joined today cos the governor appears more on Nairaland than Nairaland logo. πŸ˜€
The PR for the governor is too much here mehn
He is one of the best, if not the best governor.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by OVB123: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
Germi9:
Na ring road this one dey celebrate
The whole thing tire me ooo.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by hotspec(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:

industries without good road network is impossible
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by LilTroy: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Infrastructure Projects Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg of Governance

Have you ever wondered why boat accidents, market fires and buildings collapse continue to happen unabated? That no matter how much we mourn such tragic incidents, the next one is just around the corner? It is because we the citizens have allowed our politicians and leaders to reduce governance to just the execution of construction and procurement projects. As a result, any other area of governance which requires nurturing, inspection, monitoring, enforcement etc hardly get their attention. Once they could display new construction or procurement projects in their regular newspaper advertorials, everybody is happy that their politician is "performing." We have made governance to look so easy which makes just about anyone to want to step forward and contest.

Under the new paradigm which we have come to accept, a politician would construct new city highways and flyovers but wouldn't bother to control traffic flow or keep the same new streets clean. He would construct and equip new hospitals but remain uninterested in the levels of manpower in them. He would also not notice that maternal mortality remains very high in the state and childhood immunisation coverage is so low that previously forgotten epidemics were returning. A state government would build new schools without an accompanying interest in enrolment figures, quality of teachers, education inspectorate functions or trends in school certificate and UTME pass rates. A brand new "modern" abattoir could be commissioned but the inspection mechanism for the safety of meat would still remain very weak. And when new "ultramodern" markets are commissioned, no one would bother to keep returning to enforce fire prevention rules until the next big fire incident.

Our politicians now only have enough attention span for new projects and procurement. Any remaining time that they have is spent on politicking and the pursuit of populist religious causes. Back in the colonial and immediate postcolonial periods, construction projects were a small part of governance called "public works." A lot of the time and energy of leaders were spent on campaigning for school enrolment and vaccination, spraying stagnant water to deter mosquitoes, promoting adult education and enforcing law and order etc.

We the citizens are to blame for this unhealthy transformation from holistic to single-item governance. We keep celebrating politicians who only do construction, procurement and populist religious causes, while disregarding other aspects of our daily lives. Ask your local politician what he is doing about the increasing rate of sexual violence in his state, for example, and watch the confused expression on his face. Whenever you take them away from contracted projects, they become lost! We have to stand up and tell them that there is a lot more to governance than new infrastructure projects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Could Rid Nigeria One Thing,what Could It Be? / Aregbesola Visits Wike In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Shinkafi And Dakingari Charged With Money Laundering, Despite Moving To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.