Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,253 members, 7,964,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other (27767 Views)

Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner / How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Patented: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
what happens down the line if you or her catch feelings for another person? Also this brother sister talk is while you guys are still getting down regularly?
lets see what happens when the baby is born and the dynamics of the relationship changes

ademola2017:
In 2017, i expressed my deep concerns on nairaland about my now ex wife double dating game before we got married, her attitude towards me and how the relationship was one sided.

I got several advices to let her go but decided to give the marriage another chance but it eventually crashed in March 2022. We did all we could to save the marriage but to no success. We were done patching. No child was involved and absolutely nothing to show for the marriage after 8years of being together. I still feel the pain but it gets better everyday.
I credit myself for not cheating on her till our last days together and even months after our separation.

After several months of being celibate, I had sex with a young 25year old lady. I met her through a family friend 2 months before she got pregnant

Just one intercourse, she became pregnant. At first, i doubted it because I laboured very hard to father a child for 8yrs and with just one sexual intercourse, someone is carry my baby?? with me being very knowledgable about calculating ovulation dates and timely intercourse, it conformed so I had to accept the pregnancy as a sign from God.

Deep down, my new partner and I do not love each other but the respect for each other is on point. We have ZERO expectations from each other. We communicate well and have started living together in peace. No arguements, no drama and no issues at all.

I changed my mindset by taking her as my younger sister and she does same by taking me as an older brother.

It feels strange to be at so much peace with someone that I dont love at all. Our baby is coming and I am scared things may change when the true reality sets in.

What do you guys think?

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Thinktwicemybro: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
No respect without love. Don't decieve yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by REDshouse(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
silvoclaira:
undecided

Peace be upon you and your new family. With time you and your baby mama to be will be fine.

Just treat eachother kindly and with trust.

Lest I forget, SMA baby food is now 14k Naira plus.
pap is cheap
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Freelancerr(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
Respect before love.

With time the love will set In, you see reason why I advice people to read and know who their partner is texting , some people here will be in a relationship not knowing their partner is in another relationship.

Most girls after dating multiple guys and having multiple abortions then they will look for the MR nice guy who will settle with them and love her for who she is and forgetting her past.

Omo! Me I go judge you with your past oooo.
You can't have multiple body counts and then expect to settle with an innocent man like me.. taah it can never be me. Walai.

Men read your partner's messages make she no pin unwanted pregnancy for your head ooo..

Check my number from my signature I'll teach you how to read your patner WhatsApp messages directly on your phone.

Hold your 1k before we start sha....

cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by BigIyanga: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:
In 2017, i expressed my deep concerns on nairaland about my now ex wife double dating game before we got married, her attitude towards me and how the relationship was one sided.

I got several advices to let her go but decided to give the marriage another chance but it eventually crashed in March 2022. We did all we could to save the marriage but to no success. We were done patching. No child was involved and absolutely nothing to show for the marriage after 8years of being together. I still feel the pain but it gets better everyday.
I credit myself for not cheating on her till our last days together and even months after our separation.

After several months of being celibate, I had sex with a young 25year old lady. I met her through a family friend 2 months before she got pregnant

Just one intercourse, she became pregnant. At first, i doubted it because I laboured very hard to father a child for 8yrs and with just one sexual intercourse, someone is carry my baby?? with me being very knowledgable about calculating ovulation dates and timely intercourse, it conformed so I had to accept the pregnancy as a sign from God.

Deep down, my new partner and I do not love each other but the respect for each other is on point. We have ZERO expectations from each other. We communicate well and have started living together in peace. No arguements, no drama and no issues at all.

I changed my mindset by taking her as my younger sister and she does same by taking me as an older brother.

It feels strange to be at so much peace with someone that I dont love at all. Our baby is coming and I am scared things may change when the true reality sets in.

What do you guys think?

Dejavu.. It looks like you havent learned from previous relationship..ie. Waiting in vain for your love journey/marriage. Good luck waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by REDshouse(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
silvoclaira:
undecided

Peace be upon you and your new family. With time you and your baby mama to be will be fine.

Just treat eachother kindly and with trust.

Lest I forget, SMA baby food is now 14k Naira plus.
pap is cheap..there is always alternative to everything in life

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by tollyboy5(m): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

This is the best way to go. Respect before love. With time love will enter
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Franzinni: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Respect is enough... Love is imaginative but with respect, love shows .
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
The earlier the better....forget all these respect stuff cos one day respect gonna fail....
If you guys don't love yourselves, then you have no business being together!

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by thinkmoney(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

I do not know how kindly I can put it, but it looks like u have mental issues. You have to really think about yourself.
First sign is that you wifed a whoring partner. Another is that u claim your present partner isn’t expecting anything from u and that you guys are leaving together. You are not yet living in reality. In a few months this your house built on delusion will come crashing down. Then u will realize you have found for yourself another complication. You will know that your life with this your new partner is so intertwined that you can’t go on expecting nothing from each other.
She is carrying a part of you. Your DNA has somehow forever mixed with hers.
I pray Hod help u to find good knowledge for your life
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Mrnakeina(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's just baffling how people just love complications.
Love is not enough in marriage, but it is a necessary ingredient.

Next time, no one will comment, when you return with another epistle of how u think your partner is attached to another person

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Nwaotu10(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
If she born boy, na that time you go see her true colour grin

Learn!!

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Juniorangel(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sometimes when love finally comes to you, you still doubt it, maybe your not seeing the real picture... My brother when there is respect it is love.

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by jaxxy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
how can u have intercourse and a baby with someone and take them as ur younger sister?

u need to define ur relationships properly so u don't confuse urself and ur partner The peace is only temporary she will not play the fool or younger sister babymama forever.

4 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Stephench: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
You have the wrong concept of love.

Or you mean you don't fancy her? She's not beautiful or up to your expectations?

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by saysoo: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
The true reality may be the coming child may not be yours. Knowledge of ovulation? A woman can have sex with diff men within hours. So do not jump yet.

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Mountbatten: 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Respect > Love

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by BigDawsNet: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

Are you guys hav sex?
If not... I think you guys needs to talk..
Make a decision that will work for both of you and your baby
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by WhisperedNoise: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Divorce!
You're not a bright fellow. Do better.

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by kkins25(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
But if she doesn't love you and vice verca, how did you guys get intimate? Are you sure the lady in question doesn't love you?

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by CoronaVirusPro: 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
You're not a bright fellow. Do better.

Keep exposing how dull you are!
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by adecz: 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
Na so life be...

..... With time, fondness can develop
into love👍
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by blowjohn(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
What kind of heading is this

Even friends respect enemies

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by WhisperedNoise: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Keep exposing how dull you are!
Cry very well.

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Passionate1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
Y Una no love each other?
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Treadway: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

you made a lot of mistake in the past, but I won't dwell on that seeing as past is past. This is what I 💯 would do, if by some bizarre chance I were in your situation.

1. Conduct a DNA test to ascertain I'm the father of the child
2. If the above is a positive result, I will care for her and my baby just as i would if she were a wife, but we absolutely ain't getting married. Bear in mind, the love you say ain't there will grow to be there. Men love respect and peace, and will come to love a woman who can provide those two things. With years of good knacking the love will be there to some extent, both ways. However, marriage is a big deal for me, and I am only getting married once in this lifetime.
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Babangidapikin: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
You have been put in a family way because you probably thought you have been shooting blanks .... I understand too much peace could be deceptive, especially to men and their imagination..but I would advise you to enjoy the peace ... there's no need looking for trouble when you have peace... Because some people just one trouble would break everything to a point of no turning back... If she respect you, enjoy the respect and have your peace .....Love can fade away in micro seconds with one yeye argument that have no value..

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by bigman001(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

With time love will find its way into your hearts , you couldn't love her immediately because of your past experience and the pain in your heart. When i met my wife some 13 years back i actually didn't love her and i made it clear to her that i like her but i don't love her, probably due to my past experience, with time i started loving her, now we have 4 kids and i love her with all my heart, i respect and would marry her again in my next life if i see her. Just pray over it and ease yourself , moreover don't look at the age difference , learn to trust and tolerate her to an extent that is comfortable to you.

I wish you all the best .

1 Like

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by incandescentena: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You both have a problem with English language.

Seems to 'we' you are the one with the problem here

3 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Berankis: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
I think you love the lady and hence respects her. But then, you are the one in the relationship.
I am sure of something... You will end up loving her, if for nothing but for the contributions she will be making to your life.
I prefer a woman that respects me to the one that "loves" me, because you can't respect me if you don't love me. I know women love money sha and hence love whoever holds the money grin
Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by gabicon: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
ademola2017:

What do you guys think?

You are going down a slippery slope, this arrangement is going to get either or both of you hurt. Once you start to provide for a woman,especially one you have been intimate with, your provision gradually begins to metamorphose into love. You might not love her but she will gradually start loving you. The problem starts when you refuse to reciprocate that love. It's best each party move on with their individual lives and coparent the unborn child.

2 Likes

Re: My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other by Rhassidy360: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
Patience, persistence, perspiration and Prayer make an unbeatable combination for success. Zero worries everything go prem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

75years old seeks divorce over sexual starvation and adultery / Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / Looking For My Brothers And Sister In Osun Or Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.