Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,552 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Job's Maturity In Spirituality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Job's Maturity In Spirituality (88 Views)

The Significance Of Using The Mother's Name In Spirituality / Height In Spirituality Doesn't Mean You Are Immune To Temptations- Fada Oluoma / Depth and Shallowness in Spirituality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job's Maturity In Spirituality by Interesting15: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2023
Destiny Empowerment Daily Devotional *(28th November 2023)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Job's Maturity In Spirituality

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. Philippians 4:12

*Message*

Despite not experiencing the indwelling of the Holy Spirit like Christians today, Job has challenged us to strive toward spiritual maturity in no small measure, irrespective of what we see around us.

Here is a man who wouldn't separate wealth from spirituality, and who, more importantly, coordinated his material blessings towards a better relationship with his God. He rode upon the comfort and opportunities given him by his wealth to seek God's heart every day, even offering sacrifices to God "regularly" (Job 1:5).

*As believers today, it is necessary to utilize God's Wisdom to coordinate the blessings He has given us towards helping us get better in our relationship with Him. An easy way to identify an immature Christian is how their success and possessions make them go contrary to God's perfect Will.*

Now, when satan introduced unpleasant occurrences to Job, those things only pushed him closer to God. 'In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.' (Job 2:10). Job also took advantage of those difficult times and rose upon their wings to become a more spiritual person (and that is when he was able to write those wise words that became a part of the Bible).

*Of course, another easy way to identify an immature Christian is how their tough and difficult times draw them away from the LORD.*

And after Job bounced back to his feet, Satan became confused over his life. The devil is scared of sending another issue towards Job's way - he fears the challenges will only get Job closer to God. While Job continues flourishing, his successes get him closer to God. This is maturity in spirituality.

*Prayer*
I ride upon every life situation to become much better in my walk with the LORD.

*Further Reading*
Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful. James 5:11

Please, Share with your groups and contacts📌📌

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "DESTINY EMPOWERMENT" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Take Every Spiritual Classes In Church Seriously / Decency Is The New Swag / Exploring The Power Of Mindfulness In Spiritual Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.