Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,492 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:11 PM

5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans (2941 Views)

Check Out The Only Animals Other Than Humans That Haave Sex for Pleasure / 12 Animals That Can Stay Without Food For A Long Time / 5 Animals That Contributes To Human Existence (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by NowYouKnow: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Number 5 : Tuatara

This lizard-like animal is native to New Zealand. It has a vestigial third eye on its head and it can live up to a century in the wild.

Number 4 : Giant Tortoises

This reptile can easily live past 100 years. Some may even reach 250 years of age. They are found on islands like the Galapagos.

Number 3 : Greenland Shark

It grows very slowly and reaches maturity at around 150 years of age. It has an estimated life span of 400 years. It lives in the deep waters of the Arctic and North Atlantic.

Number 2 : Ocean Quahog

This is a type of clam that can live for hundreds of years in the cold waters of the North Atlantic. The oldest one ever recorded was 507 years old.😯

Number 1 : Immortal Jellyfish

This tiny creature has the ability to revert to its youngest form when faced with stress or injury. Think about that for a second 🤔. It has the ability to reset its aging process. It is technically capable of living forever, unless it is eaten by a predator or succumbs to a disease.

nlfpmod
Mynd44

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Zilka: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
This is educative. A simple exam anyone can fail anytime any day. Never knew any animal can live longer than humans .

Thank God for Nairaland. Good to be here

11 Likes

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by MatrixReloaded: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
God gave mankind this opportunity but we threw it back to his face. Olord may I find solace in your hand and be among the angels in heaven.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Zonefree(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
They live longer than humans, but, na humans dey calculate their age. undecided

23 Likes

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by STEWpid(f): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Chai..

A specie of "Animalodae Metuselah!"

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Benwallt(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Oyibo go just dey whine our head anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by FuckingMachine: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
I've eaten 2 out of the list.
Where can the others be found?

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Mathiasa(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Abeg no kill me with laughter.
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by LillyandDaisy: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Which of the 2 please?
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Kharol1234: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
LillyandDaisy:

Which of the 2 please?
Tortoise 🐢 and the lizard 🦎 😛

2 Likes

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by NowYouKnow: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
Kharol1234:
Tortoise 🐢 and the lizard 🦎 😛

Are you chinese?
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Simdyofficial(f): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Add tinubu angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by donbrowser(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Lol
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Abolodje: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
So which animal dey calculate their age or na human wey get short lifespan still dey calculate their mumu age.

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Procashtips(m): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Zonefree:

Lol
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by falcon01: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
We are still the smartest!! So that's a w for us.
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by id4sho(m): 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tinubu tongue
Even jubril of Sudan wink
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Smitaro100(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Abeg how dem take know and who count the years?🙄
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Urheadmaster(m): 1:34am On Nov 30, 2023
I wonder 🤔
Zonefree:
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by AcademicWriter: 2:12am On Nov 30, 2023
They live longer than humans, but, na humans dey calculate their age. ..

Hmmm, do you seek help with your assignment, dissertation, statement of purpose, personal statement, or thesis? Check my profile.
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:24am On Nov 30, 2023
You forgot Elephants
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Blake755: 6:44am On Nov 30, 2023
What of crocodile i heard the don't die except due to starvation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by goodthinker: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2023
FuckingMachine:
so that you too can live longer

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by NFBI: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2023
space for sale
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by lightdreamx: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2023
This is amazing
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by KingDash09(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2023
Water is life

Non aquatic animal have shorter life span
Very fragile and weak
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Panda7(m): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2023
In African myth, if you swallow any of these animals you are capable of renewing your aging process.
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by FirmTR(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2023
shocked
Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Karlifate: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2023
Zonefree:

LMAO! 🤣🤣

The [human] great grandfather passed on the calculator to the grandfather, the grandfather passed on the calculator to the father, the father passed on the calculator to the son, that is presently holding the calculator cheesy

The cycle continues again grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Zonefree(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Karlifate:

LMAO! 🤣🤣

The [human] great grandfather passed on the calculator to the grandfather, the grandfather passed on the calculator to the father, the father passed on the calculator to the son, that is presently holding the calculator cheesy

The cycle continues again grin
Basically grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Animals That Live Longer Than Humans by Astra101: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2023
In no distant future scientists will find the secret or the chemical responsible for this age reseting animal and replicate it in human embarassed

I think this would happen before humans achieve a "type 2 civilization"

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Report- How To Read And Pass Any Exam / Is Nigeria University Commission (nuc) Going On Strike? / President Jonathan To Meet ASUU On Monday, November 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.