Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,830 members, 7,915,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:49 PM

2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission (466 Views)

Use coolant.... Not water / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by Nairaland1stson(m): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2023
Hello 👋

Recently i noticed that my 2008 Toyota Rav4 with a V6 Engine 2GR The coolant in my radiator is mixed with transmission fluid likewise the transmission oil in the gearbox is mixed with coolant from the radiator. My mechanic said radiator is bad which was replaced and transmission oil drained and refilled and same thing still occurred what could be the culprit here ??
Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by Ipobpigs2: 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dem need to tell you say leakage dey somewhere along the circulation pipes? If radiator dey leak, na ground you for dey see the leaked coolant, not transmission. It is either the mechanic is dumb or you just want tell us say you get motor. '08 Toyota Rav4 sef wey don become old school for this 2024.
Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by fineboynl(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ipobpigs2:
Dem need to tell you say leakage dey somewhere along the circulation pipes? If radiator dey leak, na ground you for dey see the leaked coolant, not transmission. It is either the mechanic is dumb or you just want tell us say you get motor. '08 Toyota Rav4 sef wey don become old school for this 2024.
angrygoat

3 Likes

Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by Angrygoat: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Water dey mix from the hose downwardsgoing into gear oil n back to engine from radiator.or u have blown head gasket

1 Like

Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by David50: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
Nairaland1stson:
Hello 👋

Recently i noticed that my 2008 Toyota Rav4 with a V6 Engine 2GR The coolant in my radiator is mixed with transmission fluid likewise the transmission oil in the gearbox is mixed with coolant from the radiator. My mechanic said radiator is bad which was replaced and transmission oil drained and refilled and same thing still occurred what could be the culprit here ??

How many liters of ATF did you use for the refill after draining?
Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by Dozieson(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Nairaland1stson:
Hello 👋

Bros your transmission is over 600k so be careful.

The circulating radiator pipes are leaking into the gear. Did you buy a new radiator or toks?

Don't drive that car until everything is corrected. Use Toyota WS gear oil
Re: 2008 Toyota Rav4 coolant gets Into The Transmission by chukel(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2023
Since you have changed the radiator, its no longer leaking. You have to change your transmission fluid again to completely rid it of the old mixture. However some Toyotas and Lexus have an external cooler different from the radiator. Sometimes they are located below the left front headlamp, behind the bumper. Check if your vehicle has that. If yes, that is what you should be changing and not the radiator.

(1) (Reply)

Rear Windshield For Mazda 3 2010..urgently needed / I Need A Used Car Battery / 10 Ways To Extend The Age Of Old Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.