Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,888 members, 7,879,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet (19265 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Steel Plant, Ajaokuta Is Finally Starting Production 40 Years / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. / Nigerian Shot Dead In South Africa Over N7, 500 Parking Lot Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Teenaira: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chinjo2:
That's to tell you the level of poverty in the country. People have lost faith in Government as the economy has totally collapse.
They now see gambling as their last resort.

Gambling will never make anybody rich and unfortunately, it does not have anything at all to do with the economy. Gambling has always being with us and they come in different formats. The way our youths are going into gambling should be a source of worry to us all. International football is also not helping matter. Gambling is a sickness that is very difficult to cure. When you are in, you are in. If it has to do with economy, why are the rich also involved?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by CHRISTFUCKER: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Betting companies are just cashing out

Most of their sites are forking vuln to attacks

If you day use betting site with your card, note

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by treatise: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters this weekend👍 🙏
Gambling is when you pick 40 games and place a bet of less than a thousand naira and expect to win over N20m ; sport trading/investment is when you stake 2 odds or less with thousands or millions of naira strategically though.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by occfx: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
God1000:
it has also ruined several lives

Sugar has done worse, alcohol has finished people, cigarettes, masturbation, red meat, girl friends, So why is bet own different.

If you allow anything to ruin you, it will ruin you. Fact is they have to exist to balance the equilibrium of life.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by tiswell(m): 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
Wahala. I dumped my boyfriend then because I saw bet paper in his pocket, now another one is using his phone to bet. Government should do something asap
get ready as you go dump tire

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Babastrong(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
I played(1960) once and i won 65k. since then i vowed never to play it again in my life.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Multiversed: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
This is quiet massive.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Dagger111(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
Wahala. I dumped my boyfriend then because I saw bet paper in his pocket, now another one is using his phone to bet. Government should do something asap

See as ur neck long. Why u no dump this new one too? You don lose bodycount ba? Wa too gbon. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Bellotelli: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chaii! So i am one of them. The devil has finally succeeded in ruining this country.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Flame77: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters this weekend👍 🙏

This is exactly how I was lured into it and it almost consumed me. But thank God for giving me the grace to break free from gambling even though I'm still heavily indebted to the tune of millions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by obaidan: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
Stop creating silly drama. Ideally the country with the highest population should be the country with highest gambling market. What's the noise about

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Astar007: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
And more than 64 million of them are running at loss

64.9 million bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by enoch273: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
shocked the numbers are overwhelming... In the meantime enjoy exclusive discounts shopping the oraimo spacepods and other accessories off oraimo eShop.

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by jaxxy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
hmmm
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Procashtips(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2023

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Adakintroy: 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Poor people like taking needless risk.

By poor people I mean poor nations.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by donem: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
If you pay close detail to their skeletal structure, a good number of them are looking malnourished, Betting have a way of sapping out basic nutrients from once body, am speaking from past experience.
iammolise:
Who else finds this picture hysterical cheesy...
See how all punters in the picture are cool, calm and placing there bets, like they're in the bank collecting cash on a not crowded day grin

nb; the guy that crossed leg is at home grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by farouk2much(m): 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Am a muslim and I knw that gambling is prohibited by all religions..... But i was addicted to this sport betting.. Our useless leaders make many Nigerians sees no hope but to play this bet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Virgo3: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
benardtotti:

Leave them let them keep repeating what economic parasites like IMF and their political allies like our politicians like saying just to justify their stupid economic plans .

Foreigners keep rushing to the so called poverty capital of the world to do business and steal her resources while the gullible citizens swallow hook,line and sinker the rubbish theory that they are poor.
my bro, all of them are flawed now Nigeria is poor and close to 1 million peeps travel out every year for masters ordinary UK was over 150k peeps canada, dy Australia dy UsA and Europe and my eastern bro for Asia guy and money no dy
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Kachidubem: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zooposki:
Almost a billion dollars everyday. That is about $365 billion dollars a year and we are called the poverty capital of the world? Make it make sense.
Even Nigeria as a country don't make $1 billion everyday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by uniogid: 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
Pls how do u make money from whot
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by SunMusk(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Is a false data. With 365billionUSD a year our forex will be OK, and Nigeria have such kind of money. Make them d lie small small.
Zooposki:
Almost a billion dollars everyday. That is about $365 billion dollars a year and we are called the poverty capital of the world? Make it make sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Pascal9: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
Countries like us and china and uk never talk, na Nigeria that stake 100 naira to win 100 million is taking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by barinedan(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
Football legends in other countries will build hospitals, football academies, construct roads and carry out life changing projects but here in Nigeria, the only thing some of our legends can do for is is to create a betting platform
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by femicyrus(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Excel5:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family
Go and gamble too!
You want others to risk their money to gamble then come and give you?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Pascal9: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
China and us is world biggest gambling nation and also world richest, it has nothing to do with poverty, it's human nature of greed
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by akyus(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Even school na gamble. You graduate you get job your ticket green, you graduate no job your ticket cut.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Obascoetubi: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Excel5:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family
carry the child to his/her father
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Judolisco(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
God1000:
Such staggering numbers

This is very true sha, it's an incurable addiction

the high unemployment rate is partly responsible, infact it has become a walk of life for some people.

d number is because of our population and no be really poor people dey bet oh... Some people play bet as a source of livelihood
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Procashtips(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
China did $45b annually
The US did $40 billion annually

Yet the report claims Nigeria is doing almost $1 billion daily.

Make una dey lie small small.

Nigeria is not even in the top 10 gambling countries in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Judolisco(m): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zooposki:
no be only money dem dey use measure poverty.... It's money, education and life expectancy.... Most Nigerians get money and food na
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by reddingtonblack: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:

I assure you the next guy you will meet after dumping the present one ... will combine baba ijebu and sportybet wink

you no whether na bet winning he take buy you fresh pepper and big cat fish the last time ...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Bad Habits We Just Can't Seem To Break??? / 3 Teenagers Arrested For Attempting To Stowaway In Lagos / Letter To The Future(yr 2,999) Drop your 'I Was Here' msgs to the Future NLndrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.