Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. (340 Views)

Our Main Objective Is To Make Sure That Election Doesn't Not Hold In SE - IPOB / Revealed: Amuwo Odofin LGA Doesn't Not Have A Functional Generator / Sowore Bemoans Lack Of Electricity, Good Roads In Buhari's Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by Workch: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
I visited Abuja last week and I have visited port Harcourt, Kaduna and Enugu in the past.
I realize that Lagos roads are substandard after leaving Abuja. The only major road that is of standard today in Lagos is Gbagda to second rainbow, other are substandard and maybe Yaba to oyingbo.

I went to the office yesterday on the mainland, even on 3rd mainland Bridge, there are little potholes. Ozumba Mbadiwe to Lekki to Ajah is an outdated road. You cannot drive smoothly.
Even in the heart of ikoyi, Alfred rewane, is like a dead road by Abuja standard. Awolowo isnd burdilion are wide enough.

Port harcourt has better roads than Lagos. And I'm not even joking

I came back from Abuja, I was like if not for business, wetin person Wan dey do for this Lagos. Suffer

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by Sergio103(m): 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
Yoropigs are coming with attacks.

Well....I don't give a fùck about world most unliveable city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
Does Sanwo-Olu use this platform?

Go to the ministry of works and do the needful

U can write to them to

In other news, some part of Enugu I'd having same issue and I feel u should let us all talk about it too

https://www.nairaland.com/7928597/enugu-community-youths-beg-govt#127277005
Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by KingKO22: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
You have point but one thing you need to consider is that the infrastructure in Lagos are overused by congested population.

Not that they can't do better but Lagos is not just about those places you mentioned.

Everywhere in Lagos has to be touched. You knw there is no bush in Lagos as you have them in other parts of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by YorubaDemonswag: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
If this op no be Igbo make I bend

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by jude79(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:
If this op no be Igbo make I bend

He no be ibo, oya BEND!!!

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by YorubaDemonswag: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2023
jude79:

He no be ibo, oya BEND!!!

That's not possible,he's igbo
Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by Workch: 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2023
KingKO22:
You have point but one thing you need to consider is that the infrastructure in Lagos are overused by congested population.

Not that they can't do better but Lagos is not just about those places you mentioned.

Everywhere in Lagos has to be touched. You knw there is no bush in Lagos as you have them in other parts of the country.

doesn't that also translate to more revenue?
Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by nairalanda1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2023
Workch:
I visited Abuja last week and I have visited port Harcourt, Kaduna and Enugu in the past.
I realize that Lagos roads are substandard after leaving Abuja. The only major road that is of standard today in Lagos is Gbagda to second rainbow, other are substandard and maybe Yaba to oyingbo.

I went to the office yesterday on the mainland, even on 3rd mainland Bridge, there are little potholes. Ozumba Mbadiwe to Lekki to Ajah is an outdated road. You cannot drive smoothly.
Even in the heart of ikoyi, Alfred rewane, is like a dead road by Abuja standard. Awolowo isnd burdilion are wide enough.

I came back from Abuja, I was like if not for business, wetin person Wan dey do for this Lagos. Suffer

1. As a resident of Abuja, some of our roads are bad. Especially in the satellite towns

2. Lagos has bad roads

3. There is a solution. Every Nigerian resident of a Nigerian city pays something called council tax.

This should be high enough to fund things like massive public transport facilities like intracity rail, and bus services

Lagos in particular could benefit from that. They have plans to expand their rail services and I doubt they have enough cash for it.

It's not just Lagos, every Nigerian city.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doesn't Not Have Good Roads. This Has To Be Said. by stacyadams: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2023
Workch:

Until u go abuja u go know say na mad people full this overhyped slum

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religious Injustice On Nairaland / How Are You Coping With Cash Scarcity?? / EXCLUSIVE: Bandits Kill Soldiers, Burn Military Vehicles, APC In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.