Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,882 members, 7,980,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 03:39 AM

God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT (432 Views)

Why Did Jesus Say John Is The Greatest Prophet Among The OT Prophets? / God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MindHacker9009(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
Isaiah 47:13-15 NIV. "All the counsel you have received has only worn you out. Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the flame… Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you."

Daniel 2:2 NIV, informs us, "So the king summoned the magicians, enchanters, sorcerers and astrologers to tell him what he had dreamed."

Leviticus 19:26-31 :Do not practice divination or seek omens.

But in the in the NT the astrologers (Magi) were the ones that first came to meet Jesus christ.
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by jaeyking(m): 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Did the astrologers meet him with their own knowledge or through divine knowledge
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by eepeepook: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2023
The bible is a story book.

5 Likes

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by AntiChristian: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2023
You are talking about the new testament the period when Aunty Grace was born!

Na Grace Christians dey share! grin

The astrologer didn't promote Jesus before so it was bad! The end justifies the means!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MindHacker9009(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2023
jaeyking:
Did the astrologers meet him with their own knowledge or through divine knowledge

But God in the OT condemned astrologers and stargazers.

2 Likes

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
God is not the one who invited the astrologers they're not His worshipers so He had nothing to do with them. Satan is their god and he wanted baby Jesus killed that's why the star didn't lead the astrologers directly to where baby Jesus is rather it first led them to Jerusalem where Herod the great is and that's what led to the killing of babies that years!

So the star those astrologers saw was not an ordinary star but Satan {Job 38:7} leading his worshipers to go and reveal the hideout of his greatest enemy the child that has come to destroy him! Genesis 3:15

1 Like

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MindHacker9009(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
God is not the one who invited the astrologers they're not His worshipers so He had nothing to do with them. Satan is their god and he wanted baby Jesus killed that's why the star didn't lead the astrologers directly to where baby Jesus is rather it first led them to Jerusalem where Herod the great is and that's what led to the killing of babies that years!

So the star those astrologers saw was not an ordinary star but Satan {Job 38:7} leading his worshipers to go and reveal the hideout of his greatest enemy the child that has come to destroy him! Genesis 3:15

But how come the astrologers were warned in a dream not to return to Herod and they withdrew to their country by another route. But were not warned not to go to Herold on their way to see the baby Jesus christ?
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

But how come the astrologers were warned in a dream not to return to Herod and they withdrew to their country by another route. But were not warned not to go to Herold on their way to see the baby Jesus christ?

They have been practicing astrology all their life not knowing that it's a crime before God so when Satan decided to use them God didn't intervene until Herod began planning to kill the baby. Remember God didn't warn Nebuchadnezzar not to build the image neither did God warned him not to kill people who refused to bow to the image but when he decided to kill God's servants Michael stepped in to stop the fire.

So those astrologers are Nebuchadnezzar's people but they're innocent of what Satan wants to use them for that's why God warned them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MindHacker9009(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

They have been practicing astrology all their life not knowing that it's a crime before God so when Satan decided to use them God didn't intervene until Herod began planning to kill the baby. Remember God didn't warn Nebuchadnezzar not to build the image neither did God warned him not to kill people who refused to bow to the image but when he decided to kill God's servants Michael stepped in to stop the fire.

So those astrologers are Nebuchadnezzar's people but they're innocent of what Satan wants to use them for that's why God warned them!

God made Nebuchadnezzar to destroy his astrologers and God did not make them to escape. So it was satan that warned the astrologers to escape from Herod by another route. And because the True God of the OT did not get another man's wife pregnant was the reason satan was able to send the magi to where satan invented the story of Jesus christ as it is those who truly want to server the True God that are the ones suffering in the hands of satan's agents who know the story of Jesus christ is an invention by satan through the Roman empire.
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2023
MindHacker9009:

God made Nebuchadnezzar to destroy his astrologers and God did not make them to escape. So it was satan that warned the astrologers to escape from Herod by another route. And because the True God of the OT did not get another man's pregnant was the reason satan was able to send the magi to where satan invented the story of Jesus christ as it is those who truly want to server the True God are the ones suffering in the hands of satan's agents who know the story of Jesus christ is an invention by satan through the Roman empire.

OK i get you now you're just out to troll please enjoy the rest of the weekend! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by MindHacker9009(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

OK i get you now you're just out to troll please enjoy the rest of the weekend! wink

You are the one that wanted to come and troll here with the fakes stories your organization have been feeding you with and with your fake like and share.
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Jun 06
jaeyking:
That is like asking if the witch of Endor was able to conjure Samuel's spirit using her knowledge of divination or not. Of course, she did use magic/enchantment/sorcery/astrology, a craft which is frowned upon in the nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan where the Law clearly warns the people of Israel to stay away from consulting or seeking advice from those who work such arts. undecided
30 “You must not work on my special days of rest. You must honor my holy place. I am the Lord.
31 Do not go to mediums or wizards for advice—they will only make you unclean. I am the Lord your God.
32 “Show honor to old people. Stand up when they come into the room. And show respect to your leaders.[d] I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19 vs 30 - 32
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkie: 3:54am On Jun 06
AntiChristian:
You are talking about the new testament the period when Aunty Grace was born! Na Grace Christians dey share! grin The astrologer didn't promote Jesus before so it was bad! The end justifies the means!
Nonsense! undecided

Jesus Christ lived His life in submission to the Old Law of Moses — the Will of YHWH; grace has nothing to do with this. Now, read below what the Law of Moses — the Will of God — in fact says. undecided
30 “You must not work on my special days of rest. You must honor my holy place. I am the Lord.
31 Do not go to mediums or wizards for advice—they will only make you unclean. I am the Lord your God.
32 “Show honor to old people. Stand up when they come into the room. And show respect to your leaders.[d] I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19 vs 30 - 32
From the accounts in the Gospel we know that Jesus Christ did not go to the Magi seeking advice or counsel — they came instead to Him and worshipped Him. So what aspect of What the Law says do you condemn Him of sin by? grin
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Jun 06
MindHacker9009:
■ But God in the OT condemned astrologers and stargazers.
Yes, God rebuked those who would go to them for advice or counsel. Did Jesus Christ— as a baby— approach the Magis, stargazers, or even sorcerers for advice in this case or something? grin
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkie: 4:04am On Jun 06
MindHacker9009:
But how come the astrologers were warned in a dream not to return to Herod and they withdrew to their country by another route.
■ But were not warned not to go to Herold on their way to see the baby Jesus christ?
1. Isn't that like asking how come the Pharaoh of Egypt, Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, or Belshazzar of Babylon received warnings from the God of Israel? Obviously, the God of Israel was protective of His people, Israel, and His plan for them. grin

2. What was wrong with their going to baby Jesus Christ though? You still have not made this known to us? They had no intentions of assassinating Him so why should they have been kept away from Him? grin
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Jun 06
MindHacker9009:
God made Nebuchadnezzar to destroy his astrologers and God did not make them to escape.
So it was satan that warned the astrologers to escape from Herod by another route. And because the True God of the OT did not get another man's wife pregnant was the reason satan was able to send the magi to where satan invented the story of Jesus christ as it is those who truly want to server the True God that are the ones suffering in the hands of satan's agents who know the story of Jesus christ is an invention by satan through the Roman empire.
1. Which God made Nebuchadnezzar destroy his astrologers? lipsrsealed
24 Then Daniel went to Arioch, the man who King Nebuchadnezzar had chosen to kill the wise men of Babylon. Daniel said to Arioch, “Don’t kill the wise men of Babylon. Take me to the king. I will tell him what his dream means.”
25 So very quickly, Arioch took Daniel to the king. Arioch said to the king, “I have found a man among the captives[b] from Judah who can tell the king what his dream means.” - Daniel 2 vs 24 - 25

2. See this one writing his own book of scripture abeg! grin grin grin grin
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Jun 06
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! undecided

Jesus Christ lived His life in submission to the Old Law of Moses — the Will of YHWH; grace has nothing to do with this. Now, read below what the Law of Moses — the Will of God — in fact says. undecided
From the accounts in the Gospel we know that Jesus Christ did not go to the Magi seeking advice or counsel — they came instead to Him and worshipped Him. So what aspect of What the Law says do you condemn Him of sin by? grin

Why will i condemn Jesus? I never did!

Na whoever created that Magi story i blame.
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkieee: 4:28pm On Jun 06
AntiChristian:
■ Why will i condemn Jesus? I never did! Na whoever created that Magi story i blame.
But what exactly is particularly wrong with the Magi story; you have yet to explain that part to us. undecided
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by AntiChristian: 5:22pm On Jun 06
Kobojunkieee:
But what exactly is particularly wrong with the Magi story; you have yet to explain that part to us. undecided

It is wrong for sorcerers to worship a child! The child is their idol!
Re: God Condemned Astrology In The OT, Why Glorify It In The NT by Kobojunkieee: 5:23pm On Jun 06
AntiChristian:
■ It is wrong for sorcerers to worship a child! The child is their idol!
According to whom? You are making this bold declaration but not sharing with us where the idea itself comes from. Why? Again, what exactly is particularly wrong with the Magi story; you have yet to explain that part to us. grin

(1) (Reply)

Y Do Most Atheists Here Refuse 2 Question What They Call Science / California Considers.....as ‘bathroom Bill’ Becomes Law / Shocking!!!five-year-old Girl Abducted At Redemption Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.