Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,363 members, 7,940,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today (56680 Views)

HERBS That Are More Affordable& Effective Than Augmentin..cure That Stds Once / Can I Take Blood Tonic After Been On Augmentin Drugs For 7 Days / Use Libracin Natural Medicine Today And Be Free Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Tunagee(m): 4:36am On Dec 05, 2023
omoredia:
Emi lo kan people too like to dey complain. Una go still catch cancer for this country. People that love what is bad want to enjoy a good life how will that happen? Make Adeboye dey follow deceive u fools with fake holy ghost congress

Hahahahaha! Baba wey don chop belleful up to 10th generation dey deceive them

2 Likes

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Oju4190: 4:48am On Dec 05, 2023
Haa....dsame Augmentin I use to throw under the bed when dey give me to drink.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by officialfestus(m): 5:20am On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:
I have been having some kind of pain in my ear for about 2 weeks now, i went to the hospital last week and i was prescribed this drug Augmentin, i was shocked when i went to the pharmacy and was told it costs 57k, i even had to ask the lady if she knew what she was saying, i had to google it and found out she wasn’t lying. I went to buy it today.. it has just 14 tablets. A friend of mine told me it used to cost about 6k in the past.

I’m fed up of the situation of things in this country
I bought this drug for 7k in February.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by bitingcool: 5:45am On Dec 05, 2023
money121:
Please Take Good care of yourself ooo
No be Advice ooo
Na Serious warning

e don turn to warning grin
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by tobsonkings: 5:59am On Dec 05, 2023
If any Doctor is telling you to buy Augmentin 625mg, tell him you cant afford it that you would prefer an alternative. There is an intrinsic chain of trust in the drug distribution network. All na amoxicil and clavulanic acid
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by betshopagent(m): 6:01am On Dec 05, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

Typical Nigerian cheesy

Once I'm okay, I thank God and look away.

Sound health today means you or a loved one can't fall ill tomorrow?

Una must learn lessons grin
stop wasting DATA on FOOLS.

2 Likes

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by DoctorAyukebot(m): 7:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Lexusgs430:

On the contrary....... It works by stopping bacteria from multiplying and dividing, thereby killing them in the process. When taken according to instructions, Augmentin has been known to successfully treat various STDs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and more........

And this is why the outcry is massive(it's the abx of choice, for many) ...... Their comfort blanket, is now more expensive......😁🤣

True, but still doesn't make it the drug of first choice for all the STD's you listed. Augmentin is a combination of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Clavulanic acid, a beta-lactamase inhibitor, prevents bacteria from destroying amoxicillin due to resistance.

Augmentin is most often prescribed to treat bacterial infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, laryngitis, skin infections.

My rebuke to him though was how he concluded that a broad spectrum antibiotic that could have been prescribed for most bacteria infections was certainly prescribed only for an STD for the OP
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Lexusgs430: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

True, but still doesn't make it the drug of first choice for all the STD's you listed. Augmentin is a combination of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Clavulanic acid, a beta-lactamase inhibitor, prevents bacteria from destroying amoxicillin due to resistance.

Augmentin is most often prescribed to treat bacterial infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, laryngitis, skin infections.

My rebuke to him though was how he concluded that a broad spectrum antibiotic that could have been prescribed for most bacteria infections was certainly prescribed only for an STD for the OP

You know in this part of the world, it's either self prescription(with zero understanding) or you climb a mountain.......😁🤣
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Dinieoj(f): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2023
Tymk:
why na onl girls dey buy am. may una use protection an
Shut your dirty mouth up, my sister had accident, we have to buy it, if you don't know what it's meant for , ask questions and stop fooling yourself.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by DoctorAyukebot(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You know in this part of the world, it's either self prescription(with zero understanding) or you climb a mountain.......😁🤣

You are very right though grin >: grin
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by OBTOREPA(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:
I have been having some kind of pain in my ear for about 2 weeks now, i went to the hospital last week and i was prescribed this drug Augmentin, i was shocked when i went to the pharmacy and was told it costs 57k, i even had to ask the lady if she knew what she was saying, i had to google it and found out she wasn’t lying. I went to buy it today.. it has just 14 tablets. A friend of mine told me it used to cost about 6k in the past.

You should've gone for Rosephin far better than augmentin
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by thunderbabs: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Tinubu won't finish his first term seh
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Streetdoctor: 8:26am On Dec 05, 2023
Abufo:

Almost all of these so called Pastors from yorubaland were born into muslim homes and practiced islam well into adulthood o! Bakare,oyedepo,Ashimolowo etc.........how are we sure their mat and kettle are not neatly tucked under their pulpits??

Dis is fucking deep
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by isio1(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Augmetin has never been cheaper than 6,000 Naira. Its not a mistake.

Bro, that is not correct. Because I bought it for 4,600 Naira last year, April to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by mechanics(m): 8:51am On Dec 05, 2023
Hmmmm, that's a big lie.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by femi4: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2023
Uyi168:
... shocked
on a lighter note, this will curb antibiotics mis-use. U can doll out 57k for a pack of Augmentin and still be expecting the pharmacist to beg u to finish your meds.. cheesy
It won't curb it, many will turn to local antibiotics
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Kingzjayzee: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2023
FarmBusinessNG:
Tell me it's a joke. Augmetion of 6,000 Naira

If it's true, you all should begin to cry for Nigeria
water don finish for eyes. 😔
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Pastorjohn2: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2023
Uyi168:
... shocked
on a lighter note, this will curb antibiotics mis-use. U can doll out 57k for a pack of Augmentin and still be expecting the pharmacist to beg u to finish your meds.. cheesy

The opposite will happen actually.

You think if the average nigerian spends 57k on this drug he'd want to finish it?

He'd use half and save the other half for another time.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2023
betshopagent:
stop wasting DATA on FOOLS.

KO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by NICENEDU29: 10:34am On Dec 05, 2023
To God who made you and I, the last time I bought this Augmentin 625mg was in August/September, 2020 - just three years ago and I bought at N3,500 at that time. Then sometime in August this year 2023, I wanted to buy it again and I was told by the many Pharmacies I went that the price was N25,000. And now it is N57,000. May God help us because there is absolutely no hope in this country. We are finished.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2023
FarmBusinessNG:

THAT'S 100% TRUE MY NIGGA,

I WAS PLACED ON AUGMENTINE IN 2017, I REMEMBER BUYING IT AT N5,500, FAST FORWARD TO OCTOBER THIS YEAR 2023, I HAD AN HEALTH ISSUES AND WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND WAS RECOMMENDED TO GET AUGMENTINE, I WENT TO DIFFERENT PHARMACIES FOR THE DRUGS AND WAS TOLD THE DRUGS COST N32K, I GOT DIFFERENT PRICE RANGES FROM DIFFERENT PHARMACIES. I CAME BACK DISAPPOINTED BEACUSE I HAD BUDGETED ABOUT N12K FOR IT, THINKING THAT NO MATTER HOW WORST THINGS MIGHT BE, AUGMENTINE WONT BE MORETHAN N12K, "NO BE MAN TELL ME", WHEN I GOT TIRED OF WALKING AROUND LOOKING FOR N12K AUGMNTINE, I HAD TO BEG ONE OF THE PHARMACIST TO KINDLY RECOMMEND ANOTHER ACTIVE SUBSITITUTE TO THIS AUGMENTINE, WHICH SHE GAVE ME ONE OTHER DRUG "ANTI BIOTIC".

I TOOK IT AND PRAY THAT IT SHOULD WORK FOR ME, "MAKE I NO COME BECAUSE OF HIGH COST GO AGAINST DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATION".

HONESTLY MY PEOPLE, THIS PERIOD IS THE WORST PERIOD FOR ANY ONE TO BE SICK IN NIGERIA. ONE OF MY LITTLE BOY GOT ILL LATE THIS YEAR, AND WE WERE REFERED TO A UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL FOR JUST FOR THE FIVE (5) DAYS WE SPENT THERE, BEFORE YOU SAY JACK, I HAVE SPENT OVER N320,000. THANK GOD FOR THE PROVISION OF THE MONEY, THE WAY THINGS WORK IN TEACHING HOSPITAL IS LIKE THIS, THEY WILL BE LOADING YOU WITH DRUG PRESCRIPTION, DIFFERENT TEST TO RUN, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE RUNNING UP AND DOWN GETTING EVERY DRUGS YOU WERE ASKED TO GET, YOU ARE EXPECTED AS A MATTER OF URGENCY TO GET THEM, AND ONCE YOU DONT HAVE MONEY TO GO FOR DRUGS AND TEST, THEY WILL JUST ABANDONE YOUR CASE THERE. AFTER ALL, IS NOT THEIR FALT NOT THAT THEY DIDN'T ATTEND TO YOU, THEY DID, BUT YOU ARE NOT MEETING UP TO COMMITMENT THE DRUGS AND TEST THEY ASKED YOU TO GET.

YOU WILL SEE SOME PEOPLE DYING JUST BEACUSE THEY CANT AFFORD THEIR DRUGS AND AFFORD THE RECOMMENDED TEST .

I SAY AGAIN, THAT THIS IS THE WORST TIME FOR ANY ONE TO GET SICK IN NIGERIA. EAT ALOT OF VEGETABLE, DRINK ALOT OF WATER, EXERCISE ALOT, DONT GET OVER THINKING BECAUSE OF THIS CURRENT HARDSHIP, EITHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT, THIS HARDSHIP HAS COME TO STAY, AND IT WILL KEEP GETTING WORST EVERY DAY, I KNOW YOU WILL REBUKE ME AS AN OVER RELIGIOUS FELLOW, BUT I CARELESS.

1 Like

Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by WantsandMore: 10:53am On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:

Thank God you can afford it, eat healthy
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by ablejesus26(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2023
FarmBusinessNG:

Crying is not going to solve anything rather fish out solutions.
Diversify your hustle and income, I pity those ones wey dey depend on one source of income.
I pity petty salary earners the most.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by adebankole74596: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2023
Wahala for who 😷Wahala for who 😷...
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by Pat081: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Deepspirituals:
When will things get better?
Only God knows my brother
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by kinguwem: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:

Why was branded Augmentin prescribed. They're equally good generic amoxicillin/clavulanic acid products that costs far less that N57k & other alternative antibiotics that are far cheaper can equally do the job. A lot of people are dying because they can't afford treatments for their ailments. The government should create an enabling environment for drug production in the country.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by silverx(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
This is pharmacy price. Come to Idumota where drugs is being sold, you will buy it for nothing less than 25k.
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by FarmBusinessNG: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
DEBJOCH1:

THAT'S 100% TRUE MY NIGGA,

I WAS PLACED ON AUGMENTINE IN 2017, I REMEMBER BUYING IT AT N5,500, FAST FORWARD TO OCTOBER THIS YEAR 2023, I HAD AN HEALTH ISSUES AND WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND WAS RECOMMENDED TO GET AUGMENTINE, I WENT TO DIFFERENT PHARMACIES FOR THE DRUGS AND WAS TOLD THE DRUGS COST N32K, I GOT DIFFERENT PRICE RANGES FROM DIFFERENT PHARMACIES. I CAME BACK DISAPPOINTED BEACUSE I HAD BUDGETED ABOUT N12K FOR IT, THINKING THAT NO MATTER HOW WORST THINGS MIGHT BE, AUGMENTINE WONT BE MORETHAN N12K, "NO BE MAN TELL ME", WHEN I GOT TIRED OF WALKING AROUND LOOKING FOR N12K AUGMNTINE, I HAD TO BEG ONE OF THE PHARMACIST TO KINDLY RECOMMEND ANOTHER ACTIVE SUBSITITUTE TO THIS AUGMENTINE, WHICH SHE GAVE ME ONE OTHER DRUG "ANTI BIOTIC".

I TOOK IT AND PRAY THAT IT SHOULD WORK FOR ME, "MAKE I NO COME BECAUSE OF HIGH COST GO AGAINST DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATION".

HONESTLY MY PEOPLE, THIS PERIOD IS THE WORST PERIOD FOR ANY ONE TO BE SICK IN NIGERIA. ONE OF MY LITTLE BOY GOT ILL LATE THIS YEAR, AND WE WERE REFERED TO A UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL FOR JUST FOR THE FIVE (5) DAYS WE SPENT THERE, BEFORE YOU SAY JACK, I HAVE SPENT OVER N320,000. THANK GOD FOR THE PROVISION OF THE MONEY, THE WAY THINGS WORK IN TEACHING HOSPITAL IS LIKE THIS, THEY WILL BE LOADING YOU WITH DRUG PRESCRIPTION, DIFFERENT TEST TO RUN, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE RUNNING UP AND DOWN GETTING EVERY DRUGS YOU WERE ASKED TO GET, YOU ARE EXPECTED AS A MATTER OF URGENCY TO GET THEM, AND ONCE YOU DONT HAVE MONEY TO GO FOR DRUGS AND TEST, THEY WILL JUST ABANDONE YOUR CASE THERE. AFTER ALL, IS NOT THEIR FALT NOT THAT THEY DIDN'T ATTEND TO YOU, THEY DID, BUT YOU ARE NOT MEETING UP TO COMMITMENT THE DRUGS AND TEST THEY ASKED YOU TO GET.

YOU WILL SEE SOME PEOPLE DYING JUST BEACUSE THEY CANT AFFORD THEIR DRUGS AND AFFORD THE RECOMMENDED TEST .

I SAY AGAIN, THAT THIS IS THE WORST TIME FOR ANY ONE TO GET SICK IN NIGERIA. EAT ALOT OF VEGETABLE, DRINK ALOT OF WATER, EXERCISE ALOT, DONT GET OVER THINKING BECAUSE OF THIS CURRENT HARDSHIP, EITHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT, THIS HARDSHIP HAS COME TO STAY, AND IT WILL KEEP GETTING WORST EVERY DAY, I KNOW YOU WILL REBUKE ME AS AN OVER RELIGIOUS FELLOW, BUT I CARELESS.

You have spoken well. Make we kuku change how we dey greet one another to :

No sick o !

In all that you do, make sure you no sick !
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by spiralwedge(m): 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
Before you begin cry, how much is it sold in other countries?
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by GentuLion: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
BiGVEEN58:
Its cost. Some pharmacy also inflate the price.

Oga ooh

Even when it was 6k it was still being inflated by some pharmacies and it was never inflqted up to even 30k talk more of 57k shocked shocked shocked shocked

This thing cost be say e cost abeg no be by English
Re: Augmentin: See How Much I Bought This Medicine Today by OvertheTop(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
Gasopanis:

Buy Another Brand NOT GSK

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

High Blood Pressure & Women's Sex Life - Expert Advises / Lagos Acquires New Equipment For Disinfection Of Public Places, Set To Deploy / 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.