Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,172 members, 7,939,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending (11769 Views)

Can't Log Into My Yahoo Account / Please My Yahoo Account Is Locked, What Can I Do? / Yahoo! Account Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by tuby(m): 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2011
Change your password!
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by nairapark: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2011
Poster, do as advised on this forum ASAP before your email address is used for what will land you in prison.

Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by gigabytes: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2011
Yamakuza gave the best INSIGHT to this problem. U do not need to change ur pwd. If u want to test what is going on, pls drop your email and I will send mail out of your box, reply with your email and do wonders too. The secret is keep your email to yourself and your partners only dont liter your id around and everywhere. But u may want to try me and I will be glad. Thank you.
By the way have you co-forward your email into another email, best solution so far.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by Maleeq(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2011
gigabytes:

Yamakuza gave the best INSIGHT to this problem. U do not need to change your pwd. If u want to test what is going on, pls drop your email and I will send mail out of your box, reply with your email and do wonders too. The secret is keep your email to yourself and your partners only dont liter your id around and everywhere. But u may want to try me and I will be glad. Thank you.
By the way have you co-forward your email into another email, best solution so far.

@gigabytes
Simply modifying the headers doesn't mean its being sent from one's mail box (Spoofing). Same way you modify headers, is the same way I would tell you the originating mail server.

What the OP mentioned is "mails being sent from his box", translating to "he has items in his sent folder". That which you propose doing won't leave any item in the sent folder.

Prove me wrong, here's my email: sleekmaliq@yahoo.com (BTW, its a disposable address)

For those worried about key-loggers, try virtual keyboards! (and i don't refer to that factory shipped with windows o!)
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
Maleeq:

@gigabytes
Simply modifying the headers doesn't mean its being sent from one's mail box (Spoofing). Same way you modify headers, is the same way I would tell you the originating mail server.

What the OP mentioned is "mails being sent from his box", translating to "he has items in his sent folder". That which you propose doing won't leave any item in the sent folder.

Prove me wrong, here's my email: sleekmaliq@yahoo.comĀ  (BTW, its a disposable address)

For those worried about key-loggers, try virtual keyboards! (and i don't refer to that factory shipped with windows o!)

virtual keyboard will only work if the key-logger is part of peripheral device but if its in form of software then virtual key-board will not help.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by gigabytes: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Maleeq.

The guy did not say there are messages in the sent folder

Pls i don't know how to stop this. Emails are originating from my yahoo account and sent to out to different email addresses. What can i [img]http://do to stop this? I got to know when i see failed mails in my inbox and even some being sent to my other mail box.[/img]

Anyway, what I will do now is to send mail from with your id and I intentionally make sure u have mailer daemon (failed mails) and will send you a mail then one to myself.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by fm7070: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
@poster,
Let us see the message that is being sent from your email address.
There could still be more to it than what has been suggested so far.
There is something called[b] spoofing[/b]. This does not need to gain access into your email
but can do a lot of damaging work
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by gigabytes: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
@justwise

Check ur box and prnt scrn it for us to see.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2011
gigabytes:

@justwise

Check your box and prnt scrn it for us to see.

There is nothing in my inbox yet.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2011
Last year i was using ( sukulukugbambosay) but i changed it last year use something stroger than d[i]i[/i]ck it will work,
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by Maleeq(m): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
@gigabytes

Ok, perhaps I implied the poster's statement wrong.

BUT, i still dey wait my mail o! grin
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by SkySpirit(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
Dont panic, Ive suffered same in d last 1 month. U ve opened a mail from a friend which led you to a website, usually a wealth creation type, afterwhich d site automatically gains access to your address book only. It really has nothing 2do wit ur password. U may however wish 2change ur password 2an alpha-numeric type, but the solution is to simply avoid openin those related mails (DELETE THEM) which normally comes from a trusted friend. Ur friend may not even b aware dat he sent u any mail & d mails cant b traced from d sent folder. When I got d first salvo, I tot my friend meant well 4me, bt I didnt respond; after d 2nd mail I called him 2verify & he told me he didnt send any mail. From then, I started noticin several delivery failures and worse still my email was blocked, so I cudnt send any warnin 2 my friends.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by ahmsta(m): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
you may be the victim of a 'spoofing' attack. Spoofing means faking the return address on outgoing mail to hide the true origin of the message.
When you send a letter through the post, you generally write a return address on the envelope so the recipient can identify the sender, and so the post office can return the mail to the sender in the event of a problem. But nothing prevents you from writing a different return address than your own; in fact, someone else could send a letter and put your return address on the envelope. Email works the same way. When a server sends an email message, it specifies the sender, but this sender field can be forged. If there is a problem with delivery and someone forged your address on the message, then the message will be returned to you, even if you weren't the actual sender.

If you've received a reply to a message that wasn't sent from your address, there are two possibilities:
1. The message was spoofed, forging your address as the sender.
2. The original sender used your address as a reply-to address so that responses would be sent to you.

Neither of these possibilities indicates that your account was hacked or compromised, but if you're concerned that your account may have been compromised, you can check recent access to your account in you account log.
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by yamakuza: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
ahmsta:

you may be the victim of a 'spoofing' attack. Spoofing means faking the return address on outgoing mail to hide the true origin of the message.
When you send a letter through the post, you generally write a return address on the envelope so the recipient can identify the sender, and so the post office can return the mail to the sender in the event of a problem. But nothing prevents you from writing a different return address than your own; in fact, someone else could send a letter and put your return address on the envelope. Email works the same way. When a server sends an email message, it specifies the sender, but this sender field can be forged. If there is a problem with delivery and someone forged your address on the message, then the message will be returned to you, even if you weren't the actual sender.

If you've received a reply to a message that wasn't sent from your address, there are two possibilities:
1. The message was spoofed, forging your address as the sender.
2. The original sender used your address as a reply-to address so that responses would be sent to you.

Neither of these possibilities indicates that your account was hacked or compromised, but if you're concerned that your account may have been compromised, you can check recent access to your account in you account log.

from where did you copy and paste this?

www.google.com/m?client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&q=site:google.com+email+spoofing+attack
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by ahmsta(m): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2011
yes.

missed the qoute
Re: Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2012
Don't know how my chat box contains indonesian conversations with a lot of contacts. I've never used the chat func of yahoomail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does A Comptia A+ Certification Cost? / Problem With Mtn Usb Modem (huawei E156g) / What Is The Difference Between Mssd, SSD And Msata?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.