Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,615 members, 7,930,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:20 AM

Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple (10199 Views)

Advise This New Couple / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? / Advise Pls.my Wife Dresses Almost Naked To Visits A New Couple Today, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by Gbenge77(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2011
A car maybe.
Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by joe4christ(m): 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2011
[size=50pt]Why the rush OP? Why are most africans like-minded?
Why do we just wanna get over the top instanta? Why dont we first start from least first by building up strong financial foundation before advancing to greater social height?

why dont u just get urself a good motocycle first for transportation wise and then use the rest for acquiring a good land and even lay foundation of the building and then work toward building on it until it's done,
Pls dont get yourself a car now, it's not adviceable.
Nough said.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
^^ Shut upĀ  angry

@OP get a good car that will not give you stress and is not expensive. remember, buying a car is a terrible investment so don't spend more than you need to on it.
The rest can go to land and house.

I caution you though that the buying of land thing in naija is for the vigilant. Too many people selling land that does not belong to them and running away. boyz are hungry.
Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by tope24(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
[quote author=sexkillz][size=14pt]I'm tempted to say land first. But your wife is pregnant. And to a family with a pregnant woman, a car is a necessity . .

It would be very unwise though, to spend 2 million naira on a car depending on your income. (everyone seems to say this too).If now you are saying that 2 million would be enough to buy a land, and complete the building project, then please get the land and build. Forget the car. If 2 million would not realistically buy a piece of land and complete the building project, then by all means, halve that money, spend 700k on a very reliable japanese vehicle, keep 300k for the car's upkeep and then with the other 1 million, get the land. If it cannot buy the land, save to complete it. . .

I may not have made sense, but if i were you, my wife's health comes first, and if a car would contribute in keeping her healthy, then a car is what i'd go for first. . .
[/size]

you gave a very good point sir. i'll advice him to get a very reliable tokunbo car because of his pregnant wife. then, if he knows that he is not the business oriented person, just go to a discount house to see possible investment option. abeg no carry your money go wonder bank oooo.
Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by Ivynwa(f): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Wife was pregnant for a baby that should be fed every day as soon as it is born. Cars and land are good but having something that will sustain the baby and the couple are the most important thing here so I think that he first needs a good source of income. Most people in the thread mentioned the importance of buying a car as baby is arriving. If I were in their position, I will first use some of the money to ensure that the sources of income into the family is well ensured and will go for land next before considering a car. Having a shelter over the head of his family, a house to call his should feel better than having a car. A car can always come later. We all have our priorities all the same so we are all right according to our priorities.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by Omofranca(f): 2:14am On Oct 11, 2012
No contest! A car begins to depreciate in value from the minute you buy it but it's just the opposite for land. Buy land, fence it off from prying eyes, acquire the necessary papers and sell or develop later. It's a good peacetime investment.
Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by AmeLonRo(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2013
Read some of the following books for your answers:
-Wealth without risk
-Millionaire next door
-Millionaire mum
-Rich dad, poor dad
-The richest man in Babylon
-Acres of diamond
grin
Re: Buying A Car Or A Piece Of Land Which Is Better For A New Couple by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2013
I bought a land in PH just dis time last year, right now the land has appreciated by 100%.

And am trekking and smiling.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens To Women Who Cheat On Their Husbands? / How Do You Relate With A Jealous Close Friend. / The Manipulated Man - A Book By Esther Vilar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.