Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,471 members, 7,964,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:07 AM

Note To Those Working In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Note To Those Working In Lagos. (29221 Views)

Thanks For Your Inputs. I'm Now Working In Gombe / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Tips For Those Working From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Sermwell(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
lavylilly:
Infact completely different.
Traffic
houses are so much congested and no cross ventilation
Everyone is in a hurry
Everyone is always rushing buses
Cross a express road instead of using the bridge
The first day I cam to Lagos, Just from Ojodu-Berget to Bariga, even farm work I never dey stressed that way before just to get to my host place
You're very correct! I went to visit a family in Lagos some years ago, and I decided to visit the beach because the house was so tight and stuffy!! When I came back from the beach,it was though I went to farm because of traffic stress! Lagos is over hyped abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Justrite007: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nice2023:

How...it means u like suffering.

U come to Abuja eh...living here is serene and absolutely beautiful.

No noise.

Complete opposite of Lagos.

Am planning to move to Abuja by next year but am scared of terrorist where in Abuja is safe that I can rent house

5 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by minasu190: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
Some of these things are not true, make una suffering dey lie

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by IyaTola: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
minasu190:
Some of these things are not true, make una suffering dey lie
Where in Lagos do you stay?
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by IyaTola: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Karlifate:

Lekki - Ajah traffic na your mate grin grin
I went to Ibeju Lekki from Iyana-Oworo last week Friday, my brother I got home around 2:00am. I don't know how you guys cope on the island 🏝️. I swore never to go to Ibeju Lekki on no account.

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Karlifate: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
TinubuNG:
No , it won't by God's grace 😂

I'm actually out of Lagos, why I missed her😂

😂😂
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Karlifate: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
IyaTola:
I went to Ibeju Lekki from Iyana-Oworo last week Friday, my brother I got home around 2:00am. I don't know how you guys cope on the island 🏝️. I swore never to go to Ibeju Lekki on no account.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Nice2023(m): 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Justrite007:

Am planning to move to Abuja by next year but am scared of terrorist where in Abuja is safe that I can rent house

Every where is safe,pls.
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Oyindamolah: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
You did not mention that Lagos will make you regular buyer to puff puff seller cuz you will end up eating both breakfast and dinner in traffic.

You will also become the literal "window shopper" cuz you will eventually buy all the ingredients for cooking including meat, fish and spices in traffic.

Not to mention that you will also be living a double life if care is not taken. Imagine you go to work in a jeep and come back in a molue, depending on what means of transportation you find. Sometimes, it is even boat.

Lagos will turn you to a fleet manager cuz you will have phone numbers of about 5 brothers that you want to beg to keep space for you to go to work next day.

You will also be loved by your security guards because it will look like you are working with them part-time. You open the gate with them by 4:00am when you are going to work and close the gate with them when you are coming back by 11:35pm. Some time they will call you sef to use the spare key they gave you to open the estate gate when you come back from work.

What won't Lagos make you do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by scutches(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lovelyn451:
Abeg make we hear word, lagos this lagos that,...some state hot pass this lagos sef, you've not been to any state....go Benin, go portharcourt, lagos that's full of lousy cowards, noise makers!! Travel around and see people wey dey talk and do fear go grip you
madam, do u know what makes Lagos special?
Pls go look and check for the lyrics of Jimmy jatt ft 2baba and elajoe, u will understand what it means to live in Lagos.
Edo state isn’t hot if u remove Benin city, same for delta if u remove asaba, Rivers if u remove Portharcourt or Ogun if u remove Abeokuta.
But every crook and crannies of Lagos need tou to think ahead of ur movement. Agege, Mushin, Bariga, Abule Egba, ojuelegba, Surulere, Obalende to mention few…am not even talking about Ikeja which is the Capital cos all these i listed were hotter than Ikeja sef.
Lagos is not for the weak minded…all streets dey vex.

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by scutches(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Oyindamolah:
You did not mention that Lagos will make you regular buyer to puff puff seller cuz you will end up eating both breakfast and dinner in traffic.

You will also become the literal "window shopper" cuz you will eventually buy all the ingredients for cooking including meat, fish and spices in traffic.

Not to mention that you will also be living a double life if care is not taken. Imagine you go to work in a jeep and come back in a molue, depending on what means of transportation you find. Sometimes, it is even boat.

Lagos will turn you to a fleet manager cuz you will have phone numbers of about 5 brothers that you want to beg to keep space for you to go to work next day.

You will also be loved by your security guards because it will look like you are working with them part-time. You open the gate with them by 4:00am when you are going to work and close the gate with them when you are coming back by 11:35pm. Some time they will call you sef to use the spare key they gave you to open the estate gate when you come back from work.

What won't Lagos make you do?
I can’t stop laughing…brother what u said is what am experiencing. We don turn paddy sef…to the extent that if my mistake or luckily I came back from work early, they must call to know what happened.
And for the fleet manager, Bros I get reach 10 sef. Am tired sef. I go dey inside one car another one go dey call me say dem dey wait for me. May GOD help us in this Lagos.
The funniest things is that, I use to complained of loneliness, easy and less-busy life of other states when on official duty to other state.
Nawa o! Make wahala no master person

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by LordBillionz: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
1TrippleCee:
And after a lifetime of work in the state, you end up looking like a clown after retirement
Best is to save what you can an plan your exit on time. Else, a sorrowful retirement may await you.
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by marlow1962(m): 5:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
Please is it a crime we in nigeria enjoy life before we all die? Why is everybody comfortable with this suffering going on in this country? Nobody is talking everyone have move on
Talk make them tag you ipob, your fellow citizen will be the first to insult you or your family or obi that has already made money.
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by enoch273: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hilarious and at the same time true... I'm hoping HRs and employers see this vibe to quality music like never before as style meets durability on oraimo's spacepods.

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Lovelyn451(f): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
scutches:
madam, do u know what makes Lagos special?
Pls go look and check for the lyrics of Jimmy jatt ft 2baba and elajoe, u will understand what it means to live in Lagos.
Edo state isn’t hot if u remove Benin city, same for delta if u remove asaba, Rivers if u remove Portharcourt or Ogun if u remove Abeokuta.
But every crook and crannies of Lagos need tou to think ahead of ur movement. Agege, Mushin, Bariga, Abule Egba, ojuelegba, Surulere, Obalende to mention few…am not even talking about Ikeja which is the Capital cos all these i listed were hotter than Ikeja sef.
Lagos is not for the weak minded…all streets dey vex.
make I hear say I read this tin wey type so...everytime lagos lagos... most beautiful state, e no follow, neatest nko, e no still dey, whats there that other states doesn't have? Abegi...there are 36 states in Nigeria, make research on them and educate us, we've heard enough of your lagos, aarrrrrrgh....

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by donmik: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
I don't think they pick pocket as you guys hype it o.
Lagos problem mainly na almost unaffordable accommodation and dirty environments

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Blessed4sure: 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lol.

I no be big boy o. 😁😁

Not to brag at all. I don't even earn up to half a mil.

Just passing across a point.

Lagos life don tire me
Hamachi:
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱
They keep hating on Lagos...
Yet she keeps prospering and enticing others...

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Ten06(m): 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Me that do not live in Lagos was inside a bus going to ikontu, before we could realize what was happening one agbero dragged our driver down and was fighting him for #100. Me being a good Samaritan went to separate the fight so that I can pay the #100 for him, in the process the bus conductor who is supposed to be helping his Oga to fight the agbero stole my phone.

I was smart enough to note that he was the only one who stood close to me so I immediately held him and took my phone from him

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by nurudeen181(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
everytime lagos lagos lagos.. they so much hype this lagos that you think it is the only heaven and hell in Nigeria but unfortunately Zaria is rough than lagos and every other place in Nigeria might be rough than lagos just because they dont say. they say there are so many mad people in lagos which is a big lie. if they truely are mad, they will be in yaba or can survive in any other place in Nigeria right.. let them try to live in the north if their dead body wont be sent back home. this is how some fools i call uncles were hyping lagos not until i got here and show them they dont even understand what werey is. those fools now are asking whether i had craze already preinstalled in me before leaving home. if not for industrialization and the political relevance, economic relevance lagos had. lagos is not a place to live for normal and middle class citizens, not a place for the poor. lagos is not a place to stay. because they will rather use money to buy their way always than to think and bring solutions to their recurring problems.. lagos my foot

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by placeofallure(f): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
Una wan use this format pursue developers abi?

Kolework cheesy

In Developers' voice... we die here!
grin
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Bukola94(m): 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
1TrippleCee:
And after a lifetime of work in the state, you end up looking like a clown after retirement
All for the paper, make them just take it easy trying to survive, make them dey go do medical check up. this one u said they will be looking like clown,mental health and psychological is important
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by cenaman(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Olosho wey i carry for Allen rob me of my hard end 20k.

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by minasu190: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
IyaTola:
Where in Lagos do you stay?
Agege..ogba side

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Ihenzy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
lavylilly:
Enter Oshodi for Night, in 2012, while making a call at the back seat of a danfo with no windows, my phone was snatched in motion whileon call
Sorry about your experience

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Ihenzy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
tollyboy5:

Honestly speaking most things listed on the thread is not happening again like b4.
My area that always have hours of holdup then, things have really changed alot since they convert am to 10lane road which include metro rail
Thank God I came when this things have reduced.

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by DND069: 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
Karlifate:

Lekki - Ajah traffic na your mate grin grin

The traffic na suicide mission. Very very annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by DND069: 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
donmik:
I don't think they pick pocket as you guys hype it o.
Lagos problem mainly na almost unaffordable accommodation and dirty environments

Go cms, idumota, with isale eko, as well as ikeja [computer village area]; you go know say pick pocketers plenty.

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by SMJay: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2023
grin
Ten06:
Me that do not live in Lagos was inside a bus going to ikontu, because we could realize what was happening one agbero dragged our driver down and was fighting him for #100. Me being a good Samaritan went to separate the fight so that I can pay the #100 for him, in the process the bus conductor who is supposed to be helping his Oga to fight the agbero stole my phone.

I was smart enough to note that he was the only one who stood close to me so I immediately held him and took my phone from him
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by kalu61(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
lavylilly:
If you no wise for Lagos, you no fit for anywhereIt made to think 4 steps of everyone, be calculative because anything and everything can happen at any given time.
That makes you suspect anything and everything even good intentions
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by campbelljosh(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
Funny enough i had entered danfo more than four times in Lagos and the conductors forgot to collect my t.fare. e be like jazz.
While schooling in YABATECH, they tore my backpack at Oshodi and carted away my school, library and work IDS.
My friend was jobless and frustrated so he thought of doing conductor job from obalende to VI, he lost his voice for 2 weeks and ran away grin.
My friend and i fought serious war for bus going from Oshodi to Tollgate, we stood all through the journey from around 8pm to 11pm with mad traffic.
I doubt if i can ever stay in Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BAT Culture Questionnaire / The Job No One Wants In Nigeria: University Toilet Cleaners - Their Untold Story / Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Digital Trainee Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.