Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:30 AM

Come And Test Your Math Skills With This Simple Math Problem - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Come And Test Your Math Skills With This Simple Math Problem (201 Views)

Young Boy With An Insane Math Skills Shocks Everyone (Video) / Woman Suffers Heart Attack Trying To Explain Math Problem To Son / How To Improve Your Math Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Come And Test Your Math Skills With This Simple Math Problem by turmacs(f): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
At first i was really confused when i saw this problem, i had to think for almost 30 mins before i realised that the answer just looking at me korokoro grin I was really disappointed that the problem took me some time for figure out though and I thought it was an interesting problem so i decided to share. See the problem below

nlfpmod
Mynd44
farano
OAM4J
dominique

Re: Come And Test Your Math Skills With This Simple Math Problem by Xlyad(m): 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
5(4)-1/2(2)4-1/2(2)(5)-1/2(1)(4)=20-11=9

1 Like

Re: Come And Test Your Math Skills With This Simple Math Problem by RepoMan007: 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
The solution lies in subtracting the area of the greyed out triangle ABC from the square.
That gives us three other triangles.
The ones formed by :
AC leftsided downwards pointing -
Base = 2 units, height = 4 units.
0.5 x b x h gives area.
0.5 x 2 x 4 = 4 sq. units.
[hr/]
Rectangle is 4units by 5units so is 20sq units in area.

CB righsided downwards pointing -
Base = 2, height = 5
Area = 0.5 x b x h = 0.5 x 2 x 5 = 5 sq units

AB right pointing lower triangle -
Base is 4, height is 1
Area is 0.5xbxh = 0.5x4x1 = 2 square units.

Area of ABC = Area of rectangle - (AC+CB+AB)
Area of ABC = 20sq units - (4+5+2)sq unit
Area of ABC = 9 sq units.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Easily Get Carried Away With The Enjoyment...start Your Early Preparation / OAU Matriculates New Students, Charges Them Against Cultism / Tally Vs SAP: Which One Is Better In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.