Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,955 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:54 AM

The Love Of Christ(4) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of Christ(4) (66 Views)

Facts About Celestial Church Of Christ / A White Man Slays In Celestial Church Of Christ White Garment... / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of Christ(4) by AdetoyeAyomikun: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
THE LOVE OF CHRIST(4)

Still on growth, there is a set of preachers that, even though they believe in growth, they don't preach it; they are eager to stir people's emotions, maybe for them to pray more.

We hear, you are a believer, and you've not prayed for 7 hours; personally, you are not serious with your life. We hear you can't pray 2 hours daily, or even 1 hour at least daily; you are not serious with your Christian life.

Understand this: I am not preaching laziness in the place of prayer, but I am saying there is a set of people that want men to enter the reality they are in without passing through the process.

Fast growth is not abnormal, but forced growth can be. I think Matthew 26:40 is what people use to validate 1-hour prayer daily, but it can be quickly remembered he was saying this to... don't let me say anything again 🥲 (for some reasons).

What I am saying is that striving is what makes people pray, and not the love for the presence of God. Someone came to me and said, "I fasted for 3 days, ooh," I was like, "guy, more fire, it's not easy." Papa and some other whining🥲, then he was like, "most Christians can't fast just three days, very lazy set of Christians." Somehow, he was attacking me and the co-Christian, though in my mind, I was like, "dey play, no be me you dey attack." Then I imagined you did something recently and now everybody should do it 😂

I am saying there are some Christians that don't grow again; some have stopped at 6-6 or 1 day or even 3 because of people around them have not done. Many now pray for strive and competition; nothing drives them but strive.

Here is not my problem, but the fact they enforce it on other believers, especially the young ones, telling someone that had given there life a few months ago that if you can't pray for one hour, you need deliverance, haahaaa, did you start like that?

We don't preach growth anymore, but try to impact people to become praying machines, and we have many praying machines with no purpose for why they are praying.

Prayer then leaves the purpose of fellowship to become pleasure; let me sweat very well 😪. The day I realized that my 1 hour of prayer can be 10 minutes of praying and 50 minutes of talking/ranting ehnn😪

I am saying Christ is expecting you, like a baby, to grow.

You flew to a realm far beyond; now graduate to another realm. You can't; you are now stuck in a place.

Growth, growth, growth; heaven's expectations are that we grow. Stop competing, desire good things, but give yourself to the place of growth.

The heavens are happy about your growth, but you are frustrated. Bro James is now praying for 10 hours per day. God, when 😭, (even though I don't understand why he will pray for 10 hours daily when his calling is not to become a pastor or apostle), but I am saying we should give place to growth. Maybe you are telling yourself, "I have to increase my fellowship time." Yes, this is what growth is from the inside: a pressure from within, not from outside. Then you will grow, but when the pressure comes from outside, you can become deformed.

Adetoye, grow. In The Love Of Christ, there is growth 🤗.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/2023 / Set Healthy Boundaries / Malicious Whistleblowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.